Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

N555 GUL - T5-R Gul yellow estate anyone know it?

Views : 1531

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 27th, 2021, 11:36   #21
Pupbelly

I had a yellow S40 T4 a good while back (I think they were Panama yellow?? but looked very much "Gul" to me). and yes, in a large open car park it certainly assisted with finding it
Pupbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2021, 15:04   #22
Stu B
Master Member

Interesting thread. I have an old 1989 BMW E30 325i sport model which is essentially a garage ornament and though well maintained by me, is never used. Every year I check the current values, reassure myself I can increase the agreed value more than the insurance premium and maintenance costs annually (so it’s appreciated a bit), tinker with it and lock it back in the garage. I’ve owned it since 2007.

This year I changed the timing belt despite it only having done a few hundred miles in the life of the last belt, changed the oil, coolant, radiator, ran it up and down the driveway a bit…

Every Volvo I’ve owned has seen far more action, been used daily and been much more practical so done thousands of miles whilst the BMW sat in the garage.

I think a classic, usable, high performance 850 would be a great all rounder (I used to have an 850 T5 which was) so is worth whatever someone wants to pay for it!

Best of luck - keep us posted!

My 850 thread was here if you want to check the various maintenance it needed for daily use and see photos of what I fixed and replaced over the years.
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=283304

Few pics of old BMW on my current V70 P3 thread here if anyone is interested in old German cars by the way!
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...=302878&page=3

Last edited by Stu B; Jul 27th, 2021 at 15:32.
Stu B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2021, 15:37   #23
Pupbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu B View Post
Interesting thread. I have an old 1989 BMW E30 325i sport model which is essentially a garage ornament and though well maintained by me, is never used. Every year I check the current values, reassure myself I can increase the agreed value more than the insurance premium and maintenance costs annually (so it’s appreciated a bit), tinker with it and lock it back in the garage. I’ve owned it since 2007.

This year I changed the timing belt despite it only having done a few hundred miles in the life of the last belt, changed the oil, coolant, radiator, ran it up and down the driveway a bit…

Every Volvo I’ve owned has seen far more action, been used daily and been much more practical so done thousands of miles whilst the BMW sat in the garage.

I think a classic, usable, high performance 850 would be a great all rounder (I used to have an 850 T5 which was) so is worth whatever someone wants to pay for it!

Best of luck - keep us posted!

Few pics of old BMW on my thread here if anyone is interested in old German cars by the way!

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...=302878&page=3
Lovely looking Beemer - a proper BMW! Whilst it will make the hairs on your neck stand on end I would rather drive that every day than have it as an ornament, but then I can understand why you keep it wrapped up. I've been using my 2003 Impreza Wagon as a daily driver for 7 years now and whilst its not everyones choice of car but its a fantastic journey every time I get in and turn the key. I keep it in mechanically near perfect condition, and bodily it is near perfect too but I have to accept that some clown will open their door onto it and it will get stone chips. It is worth more now than I paid for it, but then if I tot up the bills and upgrades my man maths could be thwarted!

When / if a decent T5-R comes along the Impreza may get garaged and light fettling will begin.
Old Jul 27th, 2021, 16:25   #24
Pupbelly

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu B View Post
......My 850 thread was here if you want to check the various maintenance it needed for daily use and see photos of what I fixed and replaced over the years.
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=283304
Great read. Just wading through it - quiet day here at work
Old Aug 1st, 2021, 01:47   #25
JackJones

I would be reluctant to take advice from enthusiasts on the value of a T-5R unless they've owned one, or preferably sold one. Well sorted examples attract totally different buyers and have been achieving £15-£20k+ for some time now. Unfortunately some sellers seem to think all T-5R's are worth the same! They have been undervalued for a long time and are now achieving the prices they deserve, thanks mostly to dealers who know the market.
JackJones is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JackJones For This Useful Post: