Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

TFT Dashboard, 2015 V60 CC

Views : 1743

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 17th, 2021, 23:45   #1
The Thong
VOC Member

Default TFT Dashboard, 2015 V60 CC

Today my fuel gauge didn’t seem to be going down as it should. On 260 miles it moved three bars which in the past should have been more. I refuelled back to full and the car took 7 gallons, has anyone else suddenly had their fuel fuse start “sticking” or suddenly reading incorrectly?

TT
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 09:44   #2
Easington
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thong View Post
Today my fuel gauge didn’t seem to be going down as it should. On 260 miles it moved three bars which in the past should have been more. I refuelled back to full and the car took 7 gallons, has anyone else suddenly had their fuel fuse start “sticking” or suddenly reading incorrectly?

TT
Which engine?

My D4 AWD CC will do about 250 miles on 2 or 3 bars
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 09:48   #3
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Mine's never exhibited this apparent sticking. I doubt it's the display, more likely to be a problem with the tank sender unit?
Old Jul 24th, 2021, 13:41   #4
AB100

Probably nothing wrong at all, just the cars calculation method.
We often joke that ours makes fuel as the range indicator can increase easily by 50 to 70 miles on a longer, steady journey for quite some while.
We reckon it depends on the previous few days trips, especially if they have been short urban types.
On a recent 160 mile each way round trip to South London, via A46, M1 and M25 with accidents, roadworks and simply traffic keeping the speed steadyish between 60 to 70 and starting with a full tank, the range increased from 615 to almost 900 miles and this hardly budged virtually until we arrived and hit urban traffic!
The tank bars mirrored this, but of course the instant consumption was varying between 90 and 20mpg!
The next weekend we did a trip of 200 miles to Shuttleworth and back with a similar result, though not so wildly optimistic. On return the gauge was finally at 3 bars with 230 on the range, filled to the brim with 48 litres, works out at 49.3mpg, so about correct in the end.
Our car is a 6 speed manual and is difficult to get in top at those speeds, however has produced similar economies in previous trips such as across the Alps, when driven "gently", well sort of!
At 35k miles and so far none of those nasty engine problems in the mix, its just another of those little irksome items on the list that mar the overall great picture!
AB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2021, 09:57   #5
The Thong
VOC Member

Sorry, I’ve been a bit slow getting back to you. Usually, even with motorway only the gauge drops about 85/90 miles, it’s now 125/135 before it drops a bar. When I got home after the run where I noticed it i refuelled and I’d used 7 gallons with just two bars not illuminated. According to my calculation I’d done 40 mpg and the average mpg is still working ok, it’s just the fuel depth indicator that seems to be out of sync. Car is in fir service next month, I’ll get it checked out while it in.

TT
Old Jul 28th, 2021, 20:28   #6
The Thong
VOC Member

It’s returned to normal…. How about that eh? I blame the hot weather. I’ll keep an eye on it. Cheers everyone

TT
Old Jul 28th, 2021, 20:29   #7
The Thong
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easington View Post
Which engine?

My D4 AWD CC will do about 250 miles on 2 or 3 bars
I’ve got the same, 2.4 D4 AWD etc etc with the Polestar Optimisation

TT
Old Aug 4th, 2021, 08:58   #8
Easington
Master Member

Quote:
I’ve got the same, 2.4 D4 AWD etc etc with the Polestar Optimisation

TT
How long have you had it TT and any problems (other than this one)?

Cheers
Old Aug 4th, 2021, 22:24   #9
The Thong
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easington View Post
How long have you had it TT and any problems (other than this one)?

Cheers
I’ve owned it four years September. My Autobox had a slight flare on it but no garage has ever found it (typical) and after a service earlier this year it’s been fine. A vibration was narrowed down to a tyre so I can honestly say it’s been good. This tank issue seems to have gone away.
I’m going to need some suspension work done soon which has been caused by L/Spa’s speed bump obsession, I reckon the strut top bushes are canned. I thought the windscreen was leaking, it turned out to be a blocked scuttle drain which was soon sorted out. It’s been a good old workhorse thus far.

How’s yours been?

TT
Old Aug 6th, 2021, 16:58   #10
Easington
Master Member

Quote:
I’ve owned it four years September. My Autobox had a slight flare on it but no garage has ever found it (typical) and after a service earlier this year it’s been fine. A vibration was narrowed down to a tyre so I can honestly say it’s been good. This tank issue seems to have gone away.
I’m going to need some suspension work done soon which has been caused by L/Spa’s speed bump obsession, I reckon the strut top bushes are canned. I thought the windscreen was leaking, it turned out to be a blocked scuttle drain which was soon sorted out. It’s been a good old workhorse thus far.

How’s yours been?

TT
Thanks for the reply. What's your mileage?

I've only had mine since May 2021 and so far covered about 3k miles. Had to change the alarm mass movement sensor and have the O2 sensor cleaned both of which were covered under warranty. It needed new rear discs and pads but obviously a wear and tear item. I'm thinking of a Haldex fluid change soon as it's approaching 40k miles and possibly a gearbox service too.