Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

This club is one of the best!

Views : 1234

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 11:18   #1
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Default This club is one of the best!

This club is highly valued in the Chris Knott family - producing one of the highest numbers of quote requests from all of our 200+ car club partners and enthusiast groups.

Your club Board is proactive in promoting the club scheme to members because they believe in it and have seen it working well for members for 35+ years.

Thank you for trying us when your car insurance is due for renewal - you're one of the best!

The good news for you as a member is that we're coming out best on 1 in 4 of the quotes offered - not many providers can claim to have that level of success! That will be down to price of course but also because we know from feedback that our service levels are valued. People like the person to person approach - the fact we're accessible and they can speak to a human (even out of hours on social media often).

Essentially the message is give is a call for your car insurance as there's a really good chance we'll be your best option and, even if we can't quite get there on price, the service that sets us apart might be worth a little extra. If you love your car, give it the protection it deserves.

With Chris Knott's insurer partners you can also request that any repairs are carried out by your local garage or preferred Volvo bodyshop if you like.

When you go ahead, you benefit the club too as we give back a large percentage of our earnings on every policy sold/renewed (and that doesn't cost you anything - it comes out of our share from the insurer).

You can call us FREE on 0800 023 4374 or we can call you if you complete brief details at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/carquote/?ref=4 - you can even select the best time for the call if you use the pop-up widget on that page instead.

See you at the National BKV.

best,
Nick

PS. Don't forget to take part in our virtual #showandshine competition on social media (our tag: @ChrisKnottIns).

Just some of that feedback I mentioned:

"Excellent customer service and a great price, undercut my previous insurer by £70 and got better cover with lower excess, brilliant!!" Simon, Trustpilot

"Great service, despite numerous tweaks to my policy, there was no problem and very competitive price." dave21120, Trustpilot

"Excellent. This was my first contact with Chris Knott Insurance after 42 years of driving, I wish I had found them sooner, all my needs were catered for regarding my classic car insurance and at a reasonable price, the staff are friendly and knowledgeable, would highly recommend them." Keith Brooker, Trustpilot

VOC Insurance is administered by Chris Knott Insurance

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
ChrisKnottIns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 18:11   #2
davejohnp

Default can get classic insurance on S80

Hi, I want to buy a 2001 S80 this weekend, but I can't find anyone to provide classic car insurance. I have three Mercedes covered by Footman James on a classic policy, but they say that the S80 is on a list of cars they will not cover although it's twenty years old.

I've also tried the Volvo club scheme, Adrian Flux, Peter Best and Lancaster. The problem seems to be either they won't consider the S80 a classic despite its age or they don't like me because I only have a classic policy. I've only had a classics policy for years and therefore don't have any no claims. I've been quoted ridiculous for a normal policies

Does anyone have any suggestions? I really like this car and would hate to lose it.

Thanks, Dave
davejohnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 18:18   #3
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by davejohnp View Post
Hi, I want to buy a 2001 S80 this weekend, but I can't find anyone to provide classic car insurance. I have three Mercedes covered by Footman James on a classic policy, but they say that the S80 is on a list of cars they will not cover although it's twenty years old.

I've also tried the Volvo club scheme, Adrian Flux, Peter Best and Lancaster. The problem seems to be either they won't consider the S80 a classic despite its age or they don't like me because I only have a classic policy. I've only had a classics policy for years and therefore don't have any no claims. I've been quoted ridiculous for a normal policies

Does anyone have any suggestions? I really like this car and would hate to lose it.

Thanks, Dave
Hi Dave, let me look into this a bit deeper for you tomorrow and see if there's anything we can do. What's the vehicle value?

N

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 22:01   #4
davejohnp

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply. The value is only say £1000,

Dave
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 12:44   #5
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Do you have a spouse who has some bonus by any chance?

Last edited by ChrisKnottIns; Apr 23rd, 2021 at 12:46.
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 13:23   #6
davejohnp

Hi Nick,

No wife doesn't have a policy. I got your private message, but system wouldn't let me reply - because I'm new to the forum?

I did go back to Fortnum James again and hoped to persuade them to talk to the underwriters. Alas they said there was no point and declined to do so. I've been with them for several years with a totally clean record. The only issue is the car.

Thanks very much for your help, Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to davejohnp For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 13:38   #7
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Not to worry - we can still approach an underwriter and appeal to their sensibilities. Is there a daytime phone number you can give me so we can take some details - perhaps by emailing it to forums@chrisknott.co.uk if you don't want to post it on the open forum and PM's aren't working for you?

Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 16:56   #8
davejohnp

Hi Nick,

Thank you so much for your help. There wasn't a successful outcome this time, but I sure the level of effort you put in would get a good deal for your customers nine times out of ten.

Kind regards,

Dave
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 17:00   #9
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Dave, thanks for being game to explore all the avenues. I'm sorry we couldn't get you a modern policy at a low enough rate to make it viable given that the classic route is a dead-end with most providers.

best regards,
N

Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 17:21   #10
Bob Meadows
Premier Member

I have a '97 V70 with this company on a classic policy (plus two others from '88 & '54) Daily runabout is required insured for my wife.

https://www.bishopcalway.co.uk/

Could be worth a try- a very helpful company in the old fashioned way!
Bob.
Bob Meadows is online now   Reply With Quote