Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Has Anyone Else Had Their 2021 Volvo Order Cancelled?

Views : 13303

Replies : 103

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 7th, 2021, 15:42   #21
Mm1988

I’ve cracked and gone for a car in stock at the dealers. I kept asking about availability and they kept brushing it off so I found it on the website myself. It’s more expensive but I’ve convinced myself that the extra bells and whistles will be worth it now!

Also on the V60 the r design has lost quite a few features in MY22 so I’ve also convinced myself it’s better value: powered drivers seat, front fog lights, headlight cleaners, some extra lighting etc

I pick it up on Tuesday.
Mm1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mm1988 For This Useful Post:
Old May 7th, 2021, 15:56   #22
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mm1988 View Post
I’ve cracked and gone for a car in stock at the dealers. I kept asking about availability and they kept brushing it off so I found it on the website myself. It’s more expensive but I’ve convinced myself that the extra bells and whistles will be worth it now!

Also on the V60 the r design has lost quite a few features in MY22 so I’ve also convinced myself it’s better value: powered drivers seat, front fog lights, headlight cleaners, some extra lighting etc

I pick it up on Tuesday.
I bet you're super excited now!

So, have you gone for a 21 plate Late MY2021? If so, which features will have on it, that you would have lost on the MY2022.

It's crazy they announce a new Google Infotainment system and it's the best thing they have ever had, whilst also announcing (or not in our case) that you lose things like Park Pilot, Laminated Windows and Electronic Child Locks!

If you don't mind me asking, what is the full spec of your car you've gone with (additions to standard equipment I mean)?
PaulWilliams78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2021, 16:30   #23
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulWilliams78 View Post

So, have you gone for a 21 plate Late MY2021? If so, which features will have on it, that you would have lost on the MY2022.

It's crazy they announce a new Google Infotainment system and it's the best thing they have ever had, whilst also announcing (or not in our case) that you lose things like Park Pilot, Laminated Windows and Electronic Child Locks!

If you don't mind me asking, what is the full spec of your car you've gone with (additions to standard equipment I mean)?
Dealers had a fresh update today on this problem with shortage of semiconductors , for those concerned ...
Old May 7th, 2021, 16:50   #24
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Dealers had a fresh update today on this problem with shortage of semiconductors , for those concerned ...
Have you been told what the update is?

Thanks for the heads up.
Old May 8th, 2021, 09:08   #25
Mm1988

Quote:

That’s correct it’s a late MY21 model: V60 R Design in Birch Light (wasn’t a first choice colour but it looks good in person). When I go through the price lists these are the things missing in MY22 for the v60 r design are: Power drivers seat, Front LED fog lights with cornering, Heated windscreen wipers, Bending headlights and shadow tech (no idea what this is), Leather steering wheel (I think the steering wheel now is a leather free alternative), Headlight cleaning system and Front and rear door pocket and cup holder illumination.

I only have three additional add one above the standard R design spec: climate pack (heated rear seats, windscreen and steering wheel), smartphone integration and the 19 inch alloys.
Mm1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mm1988 For This Useful Post:
Old May 8th, 2021, 23:08   #26
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Have you been told what the update is?

Thanks for the heads up.
alas no but they would have had the message
Old May 11th, 2021, 20:30   #27
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mm1988 View Post
That’s correct it’s a late MY21 model: V60 R Design in Birch Light (wasn’t a first choice colour but it looks good in person). When I go through the price lists these are the things missing in MY22 for the v60 r design are: Power drivers seat, Front LED fog lights with cornering, Heated windscreen wipers, Bending headlights and shadow tech (no idea what this is), Leather steering wheel (I think the steering wheel now is a leather free alternative), Headlight cleaning system and Front and rear door pocket and cup holder illumination.

I only have three additional add one above the standard R design spec: climate pack (heated rear seats, windscreen and steering wheel), smartphone integration and the 19 inch alloys.
It sounds like a real beauty! How are you enjoying it.

I'm very jealous now and can't wait to pick up mine.
Old May 11th, 2021, 20:33   #28
PaulWilliams78

I have now had an update on my ETD...

I am pretty impressed actually, as it is between the first and second week in June!

I was told that anyone who had their MY2021 orders cancelled were being given high priority but I thought that was just being said to make those of us who had our orders cancelled feel better, but apparently we have been prioritised.

I can't wait to get it, it feels like a long time coming.
Old May 11th, 2021, 22:33   #29
ian77

Quote:
I have now had an update on my ETD...

I am pretty impressed actually, as it is between the first and second week in June!

I was told that anyone who had their MY2021 orders cancelled were being given high priority but I thought that was just being said to make those of us who had our orders cancelled feel better, but apparently we have been prioritised.

I can't wait to get it, it feels like a long time coming.
Good news! It sounds like you have been prioritised - mine is a new MY22 order placed beginning of April, and I’ve been advised delivery 2nd or 3rd week in June. The wait is a killer!
The Following User Says Thank You to ian77 For This Useful Post:
Old May 11th, 2021, 22:56   #30
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian77 View Post
Good news! It sounds like you have been prioritised - mine is a new MY22 order placed beginning of April, and I’ve been advised delivery 2nd or 3rd week in June. The wait is a killer!
You're absolutely right about waiting! I think mine will end up being the same as yours, the 2nd or 3rd week, maybe even the 4th but fingers crossed.

I'm not sure if the hand over process will be a Covid mad one. Something along the lines of "your car is over there, here's an envelope with your keys in a plastic bag. Bye".....

I am looking forward to seeing how good the new Android OS is. I have all my music geared up on a pendrive and am ready to play a bit of Bon jovi through the Bowers and Wilkins!!!!

Roll on June

Last edited by PaulWilliams78; May 11th, 2021 at 22:56. Reason: Correction
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaulWilliams78 For This Useful Post: