Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Has Anyone Else Had Their 2021 Volvo Order Cancelled?

Views : 13308

Replies : 103

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 7th, 2021, 00:06   #91
Woody2021

Well, after announcing my excitement at ordering my new xc40 (ordered Sunday, delivery “expected” first week in October....) these posts are giving me nightmares!

Ah, well, fingers crossed.
Woody2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2021, 00:48   #92
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
So after ordering my new bus at the weekend, I am now terrified at reading this. I am led to believe most of the cars are manufactured in China now and wonder if a lot of delivery issues of late are reflective of the transition?. I have ordered mine on the proviso it is Swedish built.

After seven years of bulletproof V40 D4 ownership, it was a tough call swapping it but work reliance means I need reliability and fear an 80k 7 y/o bus may start to need repairs, despite it being absolutely mint. I love this car and fear the new one living up to this standard.

Now on eggshells till order confirmed, although I have already been warned to expect four months delivery.
SOME of the cars are built in China , the S90 for example all volvo factories work to the same high standards where ever they are in the world . The shortage of cars is due to a shortage of microprocessors due to 2 factories making them burning down for some reason .

China will make you exactly what you ask for.. cheap or quality ... a lot of the beautiful cast alloy suspension components are made in China , the underside of the new volvos are as beautiful as the outside
Old Jul 7th, 2021, 21:01   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody2021 View Post
Well, after announcing my excitement at ordering my new xc40 (ordered Sunday, delivery “expected” first week in October....) these posts are giving me nightmares!

Ah, well, fingers crossed.
I m right there with you on the same tenterhooks

Have you had yours confirmed yet?

I ordered Sunday too but not confirmed yet... they told me to expect Oct-Nov
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2021, 21:19   #94
Woody2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I m right there with you on the same tenterhooks

Have you had yours confirmed yet?

I ordered Sunday too but not confirmed yet... they told me to expect Oct-Nov
Hm. Confirmed is an interesting one. I have a doc from Volvo with the expected delivery date to dealer - Sheffield - on 4th Oct (from memory). But there’s many a slip ‘twixt the cup and the lip, as the old saying goes!

I’m not holding my breath, but I have my fingers crossed!
Woody2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2021, 21:32   #95
Boleuge

Mine has arrived at the dealership and I pick it up on Friday afternoon. They sent a video of the car today, loving the pine grey but will miss the fusion red.
Boleuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2021, 11:11   #96
ElCap

First post hear having this week put in an order for a V90 Cross Country with most options.

Having browsed the forum I am concerned the car won’t come with BLIS fitted which I would view as fairly essential given the driving we do. I looked at the MY22 price list and BLIS isn’t mentioned but it is still listed on the website as a feature of the CC. Anyone know if BLIS is still on the V90 or is there an issue on this model too as there is with some other models?
ElCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2021, 12:53   #97
sculliod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCap View Post
First post hear having this week put in an order for a V90 Cross Country with most options.

Having browsed the forum I am concerned the car won’t come with BLIS fitted which I would view as fairly essential given the driving we do. I looked at the MY22 price list and BLIS isn’t mentioned but it is still listed on the website as a feature of the CC. Anyone know if BLIS is still on the V90 or is there an issue on this model too as there is with some other models?
Unless standard on the vehicle BLIS is not being fitted or even available as an option right now. Volvo UK sales literature and websites only now catching up. If you are unsure what comes with your order get your dealer to confirm in writing.

Edition 3 MY 22 Pricelist for the V90 CC still states BLIS will be added.

Last edited by sculliod; Jul 17th, 2021 at 13:08.
sculliod is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sculliod For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 17th, 2021, 13:39   #98
ElCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculliod View Post

Edition 3 MY 22 Pricelist for the V90 CC still states BLIS will be added.
Thank you! See it now in a separate column that wasn’t visible on my phone.
Glad to see it is there as blind spot monitoring is very useful when driving on the continent (although who know when that will next be!)
Old Jul 17th, 2021, 17:29   #99
ElCap

Just had this back from Volvo:

V90 Cross Country

Thank you for your inquiry.

BLIS was removed from the Driver Awareness Pack, it is currently not available due to the industry shortages in semi-conductor microchips.

Cross Traffic Alert is still available. I will make our Product team aware that both options are still showing on the car configurator.

Bit confused as it is on the website and (as above) also on the price list.
Old Aug 1st, 2021, 23:53   #100
pdhv40

I’m just about to pull the trigger on a V90CC, did you get anymore update on this? It’s showing on my configuration and on the price list still

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCap View Post
Just had this back from Volvo:

V90 Cross Country

Thank you for your inquiry.

BLIS was removed from the Driver Awareness Pack, it is currently not available due to the industry shortages in semi-conductor microchips.

Cross Traffic Alert is still available. I will make our Product team aware that both options are still showing on the car configurator.

Bit confused as it is on the website and (as above) also on the price list.
pdhv40 is offline   Reply With Quote