Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Do you would still buy the XC60 without the BLIS?

Views : 4325

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: By now is not possible to buy the XC60 with: BLIS, Rear Coll
YES 21 35.00%
NO 39 65.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 29th, 2021, 18:55   #11
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

I’ve had an XC90 with BLIS for over 10 years and to be honest I never consciously use it or notice it while driving. The only exception is when it gets rain on the sensors, flashes like mad and I end up switching it off to stop bugging me. I also drive two other cars that don’t have BLIS and never think twice about missing it.

Look over your shoulder, signal and manoeuvre still works for me.

Ordered my new XC60 without BLIS without even a consideration of adding it even if it was available.

Just my personal opinion…to each his own.
Old Jul 30th, 2021, 13:56   #12
Benny2
Ben

Mine has been on order since March.
It was delayed until September, and I'm now told January is the earliest I will see it if I want BLIS.
Still, I'm not in a hurry. I love it on my current XC60 and I am sure it has prevented an accident.
Benny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2021, 15:46   #13
lukel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny2 View Post
Mine has been on order since March.
It was delayed until September, and I'm now told January is the earliest I will see it if I want BLIS.
Still, I'm not in a hurry. I love it on my current XC60 and I am sure it has prevented an accident.
Mine has been on order sincer May.
On July they told me that if I removed the BLIS will arrive on January 22. With the Blis was simply impossible to proceed with the order and I can only cancel it and have my money back.
No way to have Blis on XC60 MY2022 here.

Last edited by lukel; Jul 30th, 2021 at 15:54.
lukel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2021, 16:54   #14
niva441

That's unfortunate, of all the safety systems fitted it is the only one that is helpful and doesn't intrude with false alarms.
niva441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2021, 14:49   #15
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

I have on mine. I find BLIS helpful to be honest. 👍
Old Aug 4th, 2021, 11:11   #16
bobby2000
VOC Member

Because my current XC60 has pretty much all the options including Blis, I'd be reluctant to down grade.
So no.
Old Aug 5th, 2021, 11:23   #17
Familyman 90
The Brit Brick

Not that im in the market for a '60, but if I were it would bother me not. I was trained to drive properly and know how to "clear the baffles" before manoeuvring.

While many of these systems are useful but human nature is such that they quickly become a substitute for a driver using due attention and dilligence. One only needs to observe how indicators have become a substitute for using the mirrors for the average driver to see this effect in action.
Old Aug 11th, 2021, 14:14   #18
XJSDriver
XJS Driver

I agree with Familyman. I am sure if you have BLIS you would not want ot be without it but not having it on my XC60 is no issue at all and like Familyman I simply look over my shoulder.

With experience I have learned many things including ALWAYS indicate before pulling out, even in a car park - seems over the top I know but for all of those people who drive electric cars please indicate as we cannot hear you!! When exiting the car when parked on a road, I always open the door a crack and then peer behind to make sure no cyclists before I open the door wide. Finally, I always look over my shoulder before making an overtaking manoeuvre - it's easy and has not failed me yet!
XJSDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2021, 20:54   #19
griffin447

I've ordered one and it doesn't come with the BLIS system. Doesn't bother me at all

Due for delivery in September and it features plenty of other toys that will make it a superb drive. Personally, the modest facelift on the front and rear bumpers along with the new google infotainment system, bring the car up to date.
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2021, 16:14   #20
segakid

Recently ordered a V60 and it no longer comes with BLIS or the parking pilot. I didn’t actually notice when I ordered but now realise it’s disappeared from the options. A bit disappointed but I guess it’s not the end of the world especially given I haven’t used it before. I would be interested if you could add it on later but suspect that’s unlikely.
segakid is offline   Reply With Quote