Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Polestar Optimisation upgrade for S60 T5 (70 plate)

Views : 504

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 31st, 2021, 13:40   #1
Trebor17

Default Polestar Optimisation upgrade for S60 T5 (70 plate)

Hi, I’m thinking about getting this whilst a slight price reduction offer is on!

There are several reviews online, including on YouTube, but none with my engine!

I would appreciate your thoughts! Does it do much and is it worth it?

Thanks!
Trebor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2021, 15:03   #2
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

All the comments around how the optimisation works, and the perceived benefits to individuals in those threads, will apply to your T5. There are some of my experience within those threads and as you can see from my signature I have a T5.

Anyhow, as I have said before you get a 14 day free trial period and as long as you have it removed within that period you get your money back. So, why not just try it and see if it works for you.
Old Jul 31st, 2021, 15:10   #3
Trebor17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovlov04v View Post
All the comments around how the optimisation works, and the perceived benefits to individuals in those threads, will apply to your T5. There are some of my experience within those threads and as you can see from my signature I have a T5.

Anyhow, as I have said before you get a 14 day free trial period and as long as you have it removed within that period you get your money back. So, why not just try it and see if it works for you.
Thanks.

I checked with my insurance and my premium will go up by £25 plus a £25 admin fee!

If I decide to go for it and then, after the 14 day trial, take it off, there’s no refund from my insurers! I might just risk the £50 possible loss!

It sounds like the upgrade is worth it!

Mine’s a 70 plate T5 Inscription Plus in Fusion Red
Trebor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2021, 17:43   #4
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor17 View Post
Thanks.

I checked with my insurance and my premium will go up by £25 plus a £25 admin fee!

If I decide to go for it and then, after the 14 day trial, take it off, there’s no refund from my insurers! I might just risk the £50 possible loss!

It sounds like the upgrade is worth it!

Mine’s a 70 plate T5 Inscription Plus in Fusion Red
I think I paid about £5.50 extra/ ca £15 for a year (Direct Line and no admin) but then I answered the question asked "what increase in power" and gave them the 250hp to 253 hp max power figure. The irony is that I think it makes the car safer to drive, go figure Insurance companies risk logic.

If you want to see the detailed spec you can check here by entering your VIN.
https://engineered.polestar.com/uk/model-selector

Last edited by ovlov04v; Jul 31st, 2021 at 17:45.
ovlov04v is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ovlov04v For This Useful Post: