Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Help with 2006 V70r front foglight part ID

Views : 343

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 26th, 2021, 12:52   #1
arcingv40

Default Help with 2006 V70r front foglight part ID

I'm trying to remove a butchers job of HID conversation on the front foglights and revert back to factory. I think all I need in a bulb holder that connects into the back of the reflector, but I need a bit of help please. VIDA doesn't really help me, the version I have doesn't seem to reflect what I'm seeing.

I have the harness 8693683, which has a female two pin push connector that will fit onto the back of the foglight. The connector looks similar to a kettle lead, flat on one side, domed on the side with the retainer clip.

In my current setup this plugs into a Volvo branded black connector, which secures onto the back of the reflector with a push and small clockwise rotation. This has been drilled for the HID conversion so I can't see the full part number. I can see 3542 but nothing else. Can someone help out with the rest of the number? There's also a second smaller connector on the bottom that I don't know what connects to it.
It's the black plastic bit shown in this picture.

I think this is possibly the only part I'm missing because the H3 bulb then connects to the terminal using a spade connector on the inside of that housing. I'm hoping I can find this on it's own without having to replace the whole foglight.

Thanks!

Last edited by arcingv40; Jul 26th, 2021 at 12:58.
arcingv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2021, 15:14   #2
arcingv40

I found this video which gives a really useful view of the back of the light unit.
The smaller connector I was referring to seems to be blanked off in the video (1:23) I'm just missing the blanking part.
Old Jul 27th, 2021, 10:02   #3
arcingv40

Scrap that, I managed to break one of the lens yesterday with too much hot/cold water trying to clean out the inside of the glass. It just cracked clean open when drying. I'm going to replace the units whole.
Old Aug 18th, 2021, 16:16   #4
arcingv40

If anyone stumbles on this in the future, I replaced both fog lights with pattern parts from Polar Parts in Germany.

The lights are manufactured by DEPO (OEM is Hella). I'm pleased with the quality, the fittings are good, and the supplied brackets give a perfect alignment. The only noticeable difference once they're installed is the faint DEPO logo on the glass, and instead of having pinstripes, the glass is clear. Great option considering both cost about £140 delivered, probably less that half what Volvo want.

The drivers side of the bumper needs fitting with the fog lamp connector disconnected otherwise it fouls on the washer bottle. Easy enough to clip in on once the bumper is fitted.