Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC40 '18> General

Notices

XC40 '18> General Forum for vehicles post 2018 on the Compact Modular Architecture or CMA Platform

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC40 'easy' exit & personal profiles

Views : 3350

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 10th, 2020, 21:36   #1
andybjackson

Default XC40 'easy' exit & personal profiles

Has anyone figured out exactly how the 'easy' exit mechanism works exactly.

For me, it seem to have a mind of its own. It randomly does or doesn't:
  • squash the legs of the passenger behind, or
  • crush the shopping I put in the footwell, and
  • makes it hard to keep my foot on the brake, and
  • because is raises the seat & I'm tall, forces me to duck to get out

I'd love to disable it, or at least change the parameters (lower not raise, don't go so far back).

Then also, what is the relationship between the personal profiles selected by the key, and the seat profiles selected by the memory buttons 1 & 2? I have stored my settings under both, but only the button seems reliably to set the seat to the positions I like.

Thanks in anticipation of your help. Great car, I'm delighted, but just want to iron out this niggle.

Last edited by andybjackson; Apr 10th, 2020 at 21:38.
andybjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2020, 09:56   #2
andybjackson

Class, ..., class, ..., anyone, ..., Bueller?
Old Feb 2nd, 2021, 02:20   #3
andybjackson

Old May 25th, 2021, 21:35   #4
andybjackson

Old May 31st, 2021, 12:26   #5
Networkguy

I don't see an option for easy exit on the XC40 anywhere. Where are you looking?

As for the profiles, I assume you have each profile assigned to a BLACK key and not the Orange Restricted Care Key (which doesn't support personalised profiles)
Networkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 21:25   #6
andybjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Networkguy View Post
I don't see an option for easy exit on the XC40 anywhere. Where are you looking?

As for the profiles, I assume you have each profile assigned to a BLACK key and not the Orange Restricted Care Key (which doesn't support personalised profiles)
Neither do I hence my question. I have looked everywhere, but can't change the behaviour I experience and tried to describe. I am indeed talking about the Black not the Orange key(s).
Old Oct 15th, 2021, 11:03   #7
Ilovelifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybjackson View Post
Neither do I hence my question. I have looked everywhere, but can't change the behaviour I experience and tried to describe. I am indeed talking about the Black not the Orange key(s).
So, as I understand it, easy access/exit relates to the drivers seat going a long way back to allow a more comfortable entry and exit from the car. I didn’t think the XC40 had such a function. This is reserved for models further up the food chain - XC60 & XC90.

The key fob profile saves a lot of information. Seat position, mirror position, radio stations, AC settings, temperature settings, drive mode settings, city safety settings and more. The seat memory buttons relate to the seats and mirrors only so if the wife gets in with the husbands key fob (because she’s picked the wrong fob) a press of a seat button would be required to get her seat position correct (presuming she’s saved it to No2). Every other setting would remain set to the fob profile.

So, if you wanted to have easy entry that badly, could you not set seat position No2 to your absolute perfect driving position but set seat position No1 to all the way back and save that to the fob.
Then when you unlock the car with fob, the seat will move to its most extreme back position to allow easy entry. Once in, a press of the No2 button would take the seat to your driving position. Obviously, to then have an easy exit from the car, you will have to press seat button No2.

This would cause issues if you share the care with someone but this may be the only way to get the function you require.
Ilovelifts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seat buttons?, seat electrics?, seat lowering mechanism