Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Has Anyone Else Had Their 2021 Volvo Order Cancelled?

Views : 13486

Replies : 103

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 14:54   #81
bluey_xc90

Got mine on wednesday, and like you never had email that it had been built. I rang the dealer and he was unsure thinking it would be built the next week, then he rang me two days later saying it'd be with them two days later.

Very happy and everything I wanted on mine - done 200 miles and impressed compared to old XC90 (which was a great car and loved it, and sad to see it go). But this is another level now we realise!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1468.jpg (162.2 KB, 29 views)
bluey_xc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluey_xc90 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 15:06   #82
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boleuge View Post
Finally had a call from the dealer, my V60 R-Design T6 Recharge should be delivered next week. Only a 2 week delay from the original estimated delivery date but I never got an email from Volvo saying it had been built, but did get the one saying you will soon be behind the wheel so 7 days after receiving that email to getting a proper delivery date is about right.
Very good news! I bet you can't wait.

I assume yours will be based on the new Android system. If so, were you told that you can no longer play music from any of the USB ports? I have only just been informed that Volvo are alluding to it being possible that none of the USBs can be used for that function, so you will need a £10 per month subscription to Spotify (best quality 320bps MP3) or attempt to play through phone wirelessly?
PaulWilliams78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 15:08   #83
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey_xc90 View Post
Got mine on wednesday, and like you never had email that it had been built. I rang the dealer and he was unsure thinking it would be built the next week, then he rang me two days later saying it'd be with them two days later.

Very happy and everything I wanted on mine - done 200 miles and impressed compared to old XC90 (which was a great car and loved it, and sad to see it go). But this is another level now we realise!
What a big beauty!!!

It would seem that yours will still have a workable USB port for media playback too!

Please let us know your experience with it. It looks amazing!

I'm very chuffed for you
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 15:47   #84
bluey_xc90

Two workable USB ports in fact! One will do iphone for carplay, the other has an old ipod classic plugged in with high quality Mp3's on it. Harmon Kardon stereo plays them very well.... (sorry!)
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 16:11   #85
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey_xc90 View Post
Two workable USB ports in fact! One will do iphone for carplay, the other has an old ipod classic plugged in with high quality Mp3's on it. Harmon Kardon stereo plays them very well.... (sorry!)
Does your XC90 come with massage seats too? And do they work?

I've now also confirmed that even though I went for the air suspension with active chassis, all my drive modes have been totally removed. No options whatsoever.

I assume yours has driver modes?

I may be buying an XC90 at this rate LOL...
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 16:38   #86
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulWilliams78 View Post
Does your XC90 come with massage seats too? And do they work?

I've now also confirmed that even though I went for the air suspension with active chassis, all my drive modes have been totally removed. No options whatsoever.

I assume yours has driver modes?

I may be buying an XC90 at this rate LOL...
XC90's have massage seats with Inscription Pro spec. Likewise XC60s; I have an XC60 Inscription Pro and can confirm that the massage seats do work.

Mentioning lack of drive modes rang a bell. Another forum user reported lack a drive modes with a V90. Here's the thread:

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...+modes+missing

This seemed to an Irish spec car, which seem to have lower specs. Is it possible that your car is an Irish spec and that this is part of the problems you are experiencing?
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 16:39   #87
bluey_xc90

No massage seats as r-design with sports seats.

And have drive modes (eco, normal, dynamic) as well as ability to do further tuning individually
Old Jul 4th, 2021, 10:29   #88
Handyandy2

Quote:

I assume yours will be based on the new Android system. If so, were you told that you can no longer play music from any of the USB ports? I have only just been informed that Volvo are alluding to it being possible that none of the USBs can be used for that function, so you will need a £10 per month subscription to Spotify (best quality 320bps MP3) or attempt to play through phone wirelessly?
Is the Tidal app available? Although it is £5 a month more than Spotify for their lossless package, the sound quality is far superior, assuming the Volvo app supports it of course!
Handyandy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2021, 17:19   #89
Boleuge

Quote:

I believe the V60 is still using Sensus rather than Android. I haven't been told about the limitation with the USB slot but to be honest I don't care too much about it. I have my iPod connected and am happy with the sound from that.
Boleuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2021, 22:09   #90

So after ordering my new bus at the weekend, I am now terrified at reading this. I am led to believe most of the cars are manufactured in China now and wonder if a lot of delivery issues of late are reflective of the transition?. I have ordered mine on the proviso it is Swedish built.

After seven years of bulletproof V40 D4 ownership, it was a tough call swapping it but work reliance means I need reliability and fear an 80k 7 y/o bus may start to need repairs, despite it being absolutely mint. I love this car and fear the new one living up to this standard.

Now on eggshells till order confirmed, although I have already been warned to expect four months delivery.

Last edited by 007; Jul 6th, 2021 at 22:13.
007 is offline   Reply With Quote