Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Has Anyone Else Had Their 2021 Volvo Order Cancelled?

Views : 13497

Replies : 103

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 24th, 2021, 22:57   #71
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey_xc90 View Post
Just been told my xc90 arrives at the dealer tomorrow. Pick it up next Wednesday, and hoping all present and correct! Not added as much on so hopefully it is all there and am aware of my22 specs thankfully
I bet you are super excited now. I am really happy for you and I'm sure everything will be exactly what you expect it to be.

Please let us know how you get on
PaulWilliams78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2021, 10:49   #72
Mm1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulWilliams78 View Post
Thanks for your offer to help, it is much appreciated.

When I insert the usb it simply states "system UI. Issue with USB, tap to fix" I tap it and it then closes that screen, returns to homescreen and states "usb is safely ejected".

It looks like the entire theatre lighting options have been removed. I just have, internal lights options low, medium or high.
That’s strange the theatre lighting should be included on inscription by default. Do take up any missing features with the dealer but I would personally accept some compensation rather than forcing to retrofit and risk them damaging something in the process. Purely because the theatre lighting is pathetic: just one LED aim the roof (perhaps one in the back on some models) and it barely illuminated anything. It has to be really dark to even notice it slightly. Even with R design with metal and shiny black inserts it’s so subtle. It’s not like other cars with LED strips that light up like a disco all around you… probably for the best tbh after one day of fun.
Mm1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2021, 21:06   #73
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Thanks for your offer to help, it is much appreciated.

When I insert the usb it simply states "system UI. Issue with USB, tap to fix" I tap it and it then closes that screen, returns to homescreen and states "usb is safely ejected".

It looks like the entire theatre lighting options have been removed. I just have, internal lights options low, medium or high.
The message doesn't seem like a Volvo error message. Do you have your phone connected when the message occurs? I am thinking that this may be an Android Auto message rather than coming directly from Volvo Sensus.

Apropos theatre Lighting, something isn't right here. Theatre lighting is standard on MY22 V90s. Multicolour Theatre lighting is standard with Inscription trim so you should have an option to change the colours. You mentioned earlier that you also have the Lighting Pack which also includes Multicolour Theatre Lighting. Do you have the other features of the Lighting Pack?

They are:

Active Bending Headlights with Adaptive Shadow Technology
Front LED Foglights with Cornering Function (n/a Plug-in Hybrid)
Headlight Cleaning System
Multicolour Theatre Lights, Front and Rear Door Pocket, Ambient Door and Tread Plate Lights, Front Cupholder Light, Rear Footwell and Side Step Lights, Instrument Panel Lights
Old Jun 25th, 2021, 23:28   #74
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
The message doesn't seem like a Volvo error message. Do you have your phone connected when the message occurs? I am thinking that this may be an Android Auto message rather than coming directly from Volvo Sensus.

Apropos theatre Lighting, something isn't right here. Theatre lighting is standard on MY22 V90s. Multicolour Theatre lighting is standard with Inscription trim so you should have an option to change the colours. You mentioned earlier that you also have the Lighting Pack which also includes Multicolour Theatre Lighting. Do you have the other features of the Lighting Pack?

They are:

Active Bending Headlights with Adaptive Shadow Technology
Front LED Foglights with Cornering Function (n/a Plug-in Hybrid)
Headlight Cleaning System
Multicolour Theatre Lights, Front and Rear Door Pocket, Ambient Door and Tread Plate Lights, Front Cupholder Light, Rear Footwell and Side Step Lights, Instrument Panel Lights
Thanks for your detailed response.

It's the new Google system, so not the Sensus one. I did manage to get a step closer, or at least it seemed that way for a moment.

I don't have Android auto either. My phone is not connected.

I formatted the 128gb drive to FAT32 and instead of the Android system giving the error, it gave two options.

1) Eject
2) Explore

Upon pressing explore, nothing. Long press,short press, repeat presses, absolutely nothing.

I've not been out at night yet, so can't say if lights adapt or move. The theatre lights option is totally absent from the system.

Volvo say they are investigating what's gone wrong.

I was driving along today, when the drivers display failed and turned off and the centre display crashed and wouldn't come on at all. I had to turn engine on and off three times before it can back on.
Old Jun 25th, 2021, 23:34   #75
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mm1988 View Post
That’s strange the theatre lighting should be included on inscription by default. Do take up any missing features with the dealer but I would personally accept some compensation rather than forcing to retrofit and risk them damaging something in the process. Purely because the theatre lighting is pathetic: just one LED aim the roof (perhaps one in the back on some models) and it barely illuminated anything. It has to be really dark to even notice it slightly. Even with R design with metal and shiny black inserts it’s so subtle. It’s not like other cars with LED strips that light up like a disco all around you… probably for the best tbh after one day of fun.
I totally agree that the theatre lighting is crap anyway, but there's too many items either missing altogether or just not working.

I can't believe I still can't play from my usb stick. I've tried everything.
Old Jun 26th, 2021, 11:31   #76
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Thanks for your detailed response.

It's the new Google system, so not the Sensus one. I did manage to get a step closer, or at least it seemed that way for a moment.

I don't have Android auto either. My phone is not connected.

I formatted the 128gb drive to FAT32 and instead of the Android system giving the error, it gave two options.

1) Eject
2) Explore

Upon pressing explore, nothing. Long press,short press, repeat presses, absolutely nothing.

I've not been out at night yet, so can't say if lights adapt or move. The theatre lights option is totally absent from the system.

Volvo say they are investigating what's gone wrong.

I was driving along today, when the drivers display failed and turned off and the centre display crashed and wouldn't come on at all. I had to turn engine on and off three times before it can back on.
I thought the error message wasn't particularly 'Volvo-ish' - I'd forgotten that MY22 cars have the Google software and it's essentially an Android error message.

The instructions for USB Memory music playback in the manual say:

1. Insert the USB memory into the USB port between the front seats.
2. Open the USB app from the app view and select what to play back.

Have you tried using the USB app?
Old Jun 26th, 2021, 12:34   #77
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
I thought the error message wasn't particularly 'Volvo-ish' - I'd forgotten that MY22 cars have the Google software and it's essentially an Android error message.

The instructions for USB Memory music playback in the manual say:

1. Insert the USB memory into the USB port between the front seats.
2. Open the USB app from the app view and select what to play back.

Have you tried using the USB app?
Thanks for looking into this.

There is no USB app or any options to download it through the app store on the car.

I think it should appear when a USB is inserted, but it doesn't.

The master technician has no idea either.
Old Jun 26th, 2021, 23:23   #78
PaulWilliams78

I've just uploaded my first ever YouTube video.

If you simply type ' Volvo V90 2022' and sort by upload date, you will see the video of the car.

I used my basic phone, so apologies for the picture quality.

I recorded at 1080 but for some reason it uploads at 480.

Enjoy
Old Jun 27th, 2021, 16:17   #79
bluey_xc90

Seems like the Android based system which is also on the polestar 2 is a bit of a beta release. Makes me glad the xc90 still has the older sensus system which for all its faults at least has some maturity…
bluey_xc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 14:12   #80
Boleuge

Finally had a call from the dealer, my V60 R-Design T6 Recharge should be delivered next week. Only a 2 week delay from the original estimated delivery date but I never got an email from Volvo saying it had been built, but did get the one saying you will soon be behind the wheel so 7 days after receiving that email to getting a proper delivery date is about right.
Boleuge is offline   Reply With Quote