Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rear passenger window showing orange strip (open) in app

Views : 1191

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 9th, 2024, 16:09   #21
Yelper85

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcL View Post
Thanks for taking the time and noting your thoughts. I tried a V90 with pano roof, very nice though I prefer diesel for my use and that VEA diesel doesn't appeal.

The S and V cars are still in production, Volvo cars UK have decided there's no market based on whatever data they have chosen to follow. You can still get RHD cars in Ireland.
UK and USA have stopped, but even if you could get a RHD from Ireland I assume you’d have to pay import tax on top due to Brexit?

I’ve also been told only the V60 is available in RHD, no V90 is available in RHD not even from Ireland. That needs verifying though.

20 plate XC60 Inscription Pro T8 PHEV + Polestar
Yelper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2024, 16:13   #22
Yelper85

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldEngineer View Post
Volvo don't want estate cars in their lineup but you would have thought their history would drive their planning. Volvo IS estate cars.

Since 2001 I have had two Alfa Sportwagons but driven away by their adoption of SUVs. Now a V90 and wondering whether to keep it or get the last of the 2023 cars.

When I looked at a 2023 V90 I noted that the Load Cover no longer motors away and the boot floor is now propped up by a piece of string instead of struts. And then there is the whole Google issue. I know Sensus is getting worse at showing traffic problems but otherwise just works.
Totally agree. You think Volvo, you think estates. Also agree the quality has significantly reduced but the prices haven’t.

I just can’t believe people don’t want them. They look amazing, drive fantastic, and have all the space you want, however look at the sales numbers here:

https://www.media.volvocars.com/glob.../sales-volumes

Old Apr 9th, 2024, 21:26   #23
OldEngineer

But that is a sales volume of a discontinued model.

The Police still have V90 availability and they are lovely (so it's a decision on marketing not a factory constraint)

A marked version....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5036.jpg (139.1 KB, 11 views)
Old Apr 10th, 2024, 09:41   #24
Wizzpop
Master Member

Not that I am really thinking of replacing my V60 as it has done only 28k, but I do not want a SUV. So, although my dealer is very good, I would not be considering a new Volvo, Audi have the A4 and A6 Avant.
Old Apr 14th, 2024, 18:21   #25
Yelper85

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldEngineer View Post
But that is a sales volume of a discontinued model.

The Police still have V90 availability and they are lovely (so it's a decision on marketing not a factory constraint)

A marked version....
Sorry for the late reply, been on holiday.

Yeah not sure why the V90 II/V90 CC II isn't listed given that's the current model, but from what I was told the trend is the same hence the discontinuation. That sales list also doesn't drill deep enough as it doesn't differentiate between models and trim, just the very top class of vehicle (and not even CC at that!)

Police wise, it will be interesting to see if they continue with the V90. Maybe because of the task they do, they will continue to get them imported, however if what I was told was correct the RHD V90 is no longer manufactured regardless of where you get it, so maybe they will be forced to SUV which then raises the next question of, which SUV would the Police get if forced to transition? I'd assume XC90 until that stops being produced and then EX90?

Old Apr 14th, 2024, 18:51   #26
GMcL
0's and 1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelper85 View Post
UK and USA have stopped, but even if you could get a RHD from Ireland I assume you’d have to pay import tax on top due to Brexit?

I’ve also been told only the V60 is available in RHD, no V90 is available in RHD not even from Ireland. That needs verifying though.
A quick check shows Ireland is indeed down to the V60 estate only:
https://www.volvocars.com/ie/build

Previous: 2005 Volvo S60 D5 Sport - 2017 Focus RS
GMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2024, 19:03   #27
Yelper85

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcL View Post
A quick check shows Ireland is indeed down to the V60 estate only:
https://www.volvocars.com/ie/build
RIP V90