Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S70 T5 for sale, fully prepared for competition.

Views : 1210

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 13:17   #1
don kalmar union
Trader

Default S70 T5 for sale, fully prepared for competition.

I am considering the sale of my S70 T5 to someone who could make good use of it.

I bought the car new from VCUK in May 1996: it has low recorded miles for its age, an MOT 'till May next year and is taxed 'till end December this year.

When I bought the car I gradually fitted it with nearly everything I had to sell. In 2000 I removed much internal trim and modified the car further to use in a modified production saloon championship, but kept it road legal.

The current spec. is roughly.....

Internally standard 288bhp engine, but with hybridised 18T, inlet tract polished and ported, head polished and ported with latest thin-stem exhaust valves and 3 angle seats, exhaust manifold ported. Ferrita downpipe with Kemira cat, stainless, Ferrita based exhaust thereafter with just one small box at rear. Dastek Unichip, boost limiter, water injection and full Racelogic traction control.

Lower ratio gearbox with LSD, new 3 paddle competition clutch and 'diesel' cover, short throw lever mod.

AP 'road' big brake kit, grooved discs, DS2500 road/DS3000 circuit pads, rear brakes: standard pads, grooved Black Diamond discs.

Leda built, fully adjustable suspension with 950lb front and rear 650lb springs, heavier rear roll bar and camber shims, front lower Powerflex bushes and solid top strut mounts, strut brace. There is a total of eight 8 x 17 VIP, OZ made alloy rims with assorted Toyo tyres 235 45 x 17 (2 new, 2 road legal and 4 OK for circuit use).

Shell lightened by removal of sound deadening material, most interior trim barring headlining, upper dash, part centre consol, front door cards and electric front windows. Guts of rear doors, bracing of bonnet and boot, brackets etc. cut out, all arch liners removed. There is some damage to driver's and rear n/s doors and some other small imperfections arround the shell. It has a VIP body kit with front spoiler, rear and side skirts. There is a further removable front chin spoiler with undertray.

Fitted with full bolt-in Safety Devices rollcage with door bars, plumbed in fire extinguisher, battery isolator (battery relocated behind passenger seat). Two front Corbeau competition seats with 6 point Schroth harness.

The condition of the car varies from parts recently replaced new, rebuilt or reconditioned (head, exhaust valves, turbo,oil cooler, clutch, front wheel bearings and lower ball joints, front struts) to such as the front brake discs that need replacement soon.

There is more weight to be got out of the car and the current engine output could be increased to over 300bhp with the fitting of bigger injectors and a bespoke TME map after removal of the Dastek system. Further power increases would need stronger rods, different pistons, turbo and so on and so forth up to 400bhp and beyond as Stewart Williams at SW Autos in Kent has successfully done.

If any one is interested in purchasing the car from me, then I would be pleased to go into the matter further.

Don.Norchi.

www.kalmar-union.com

TME software for serious Volvo Tuning.
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 13:29   #2
volvotuning

Default RE: S70 T5 for sale, fully prepared for competition.

What's the reason for sale? (if you don't mind me asking)

Adam.
Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 23:24   #3
doorman

>If any one is interested in purchasing the car from me, then I
>would be pleased to go into the matter further.
>
>
>Don.Norchi.
>
>www.kalmar-union.com
>
>TME software for serious Volvo Tuning.

From a third party reading this thread, I think your answer is hear Adam.

Old Oct 4th, 2005, 14:32   #4
GorgeousGeorge
Bostin !!!

don

ok, i'm not interested in buying the car so wont waste either of our time calling..

but what is it going to be replaced with ?

just curious...

scott
GorgeousGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 14:50   #5
IC
S60R/V70R

Don has a a race prepared S60T5 as well.

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 15:12   #6
GorgeousGeorge
Bostin !!!

iain

yeah saw that on his home page as well

just wondered if he was ditching the S70 for something else or just going to concentrate on the S60.

scott

GorgeousGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 20:15   #7
don kalmar union
Trader

I am really very attached to this damn car and really dont know if I will get rid just yet, however I do have to put a fair effort into running the S60 and do in fact have another project to get under way as well.

Don.Norchi.

www.kalmar-union.com

TME software for serious Volvo Tuning.
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote