Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 T6 Polestar

Views : 1096

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 26th, 2019, 02:00   #1
Premier Member

Default V60 T6 Polestar

My son is thinking about buying a 2015 - 2016 V60 AWD T6 Polestar; are there any owners out there who can offer any opinions?
Any advice on performance, handling, running costs, reliability, inherent weaknesses etc would be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance.
60041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2019, 21:30   #2
junior 7178

I bought a V70 T6 two weeks ago. It's the later model/year with the same engine as the V60 T6. I haven't stopped smiling since i bought it.

Downside is I've flashed two speed cameras in 1 week having not done any in 20 years of driving prior to buying the T6.
Old Dec 27th, 2019, 22:32   #3
GrahamHR

The black ones are ultimate stealth car. No need to be aggressive.

Menacing behind other car drivers, including my wife, due to the blue badge; almost all Audi, BMW and Mercedes outside lane hog drivers think it's a police or security services car. Those that don't and try to outgun it at lights/ roundabouts lose.

Perfect.

26 mpg.
GrahamHR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrahamHR For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 27th, 2019, 23:42   #4
T5R92011
FCW Auto Service

I think Volvo dropped the 3.0-litre straight six version and swapped it to a 2.0-litre 4 cylinder (supercharged and turbo charged) for the 2016 model year, 2.0-litre also gets an 8 speed auto vs the 6 speed auto of the older car.

Personally I'd go for the older car, as it produces more torque, sounds better and probably tunes better and is less complex. Though the newer car does drive a bit better due to slightly less weight and the better gearbox.

Watch out for theives as these cars do get stolen.

A bit of a long video but some americans compare it with the MK3 Ford Focus RS and it's pretty quick:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
The Following User Says Thank You to T5R92011 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 30th, 2019, 21:53   #5
GrahamHR

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R92011 View Post
Watch out for theives as these cars do get stolen.

A bit of a long video but some americans compare it with the MK3 Ford Focus RS and it's pretty quick:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
We had an attempted break in about 12 months ago; to get the keys to the Volvo Polestar the Police reckon.

1st attack; crowbar or screwdriver my office window where I kept the keys on my desk. Who knew that ? Fail.

2nd attack the back door, close to my office, Crowbar and screwdriver fail.

3rd attack; double glazed rear door, smashed the outer pane, I heard it and investigated. Impact point near the handle. I thought it had been hit by a big branch, very high winds that night. Who knew the keys wee in the door ? Fail.

4th attack, inner glass pane smashed near the door handle. A very angry indeed 21 kg working cocker spaniel with a bark like something 10 times bigger, they were gone.

They had turned the security light sensor around our house is ( a bungalow so low down).

I'm glad the dog got there first, co-incidentally for once I had my (legal) 70lb compound bow in the house, I really do think in the heat of the moment I would have shot at one of the scum and possibly killed one of them and be in jail now.

The local police were great, co-ordination with UK network was great, the low life were apparently from the "traveller" community, driving several stolen cars, the trail went cold in Birmingham

Last edited by GrahamHR; Dec 30th, 2019 at 22:09.
GrahamHR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrahamHR For This Useful Post: