Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Remote Power Seat Adjust

Views : 1417

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 21st, 2009, 01:54   #1
Tintent

Cool Remote Power Seat Adjust

Hi Folks,

I just found your forum tonight after taking delivery of my new 2.0D V70 yesterday. I'm very pleased so far, the car outshines the Saab 93 it replaced in many ways.

I've got a little stuck with the remote power seats though. It appears that only one of my two "keys" are working correctly. When I unlock and open the drivers door with my key, the seat and mirrors move as they should. However, if my wife goes in next, the seat will not move. She can move it with one of the button or manually but not with the remote. Mine will then work again, moving the seat back from where she left it.

So. Is there any kind of "reset" procedure I can put the key through? It seems to work in all other ways without issue, it just won't move the seat!

It's quite possible I'm missing something REALLY obvious, so an idiots guide would be welcome. I know the seat doesn't move until the door is opened but that's just one thing to check off the list.

Obviously I can go back to the dealer, just hoped I could save myself the trip. BTW, it's the standard remote, NOT keyless.

Thanks in advance.
Tintent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 21:35   #2
Tony g6hbq
VOC Member

Has her seat postion been set when her remote was in?
If so then when you get in with your remote it will change to your settings.
Tony g6hbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 22:42   #3
Tintent

Hi Tony,

Thanks for trying. It seems that the key just isn't working correctly. Mine is fine, the seat will move when I go to get in the car after her. Unfortunately, when my wife unlocks the car with her key after I've been in it, the seat stays resolutely where it is!

I was hoping there was a simple way to do some sort of reset to the key but I guess I would have had a reply by now if this was widely known about. I've emailed the dealer. Waiting for a reply!!

Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 03:32   #4
Dazzlev70r

Cant you use the old argument that obviously this is a mans car and not for girlies

Oh dear I feel this could get me some flack lol
have you tried resetting them all putting your wifes position at number 1 and you have the other see if that cures it, if not its a trip back to dealer
Dazzlev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 12:07   #5
gtr1000

If you've not already done so, have a read of page 74 in the manual re. car key memory. This might be the reason only one key works the seats? HTH
gtr1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 23:13   #6
Tintent

Thanks for trying to help guys. I've gone through the book with a tooth comb and can't find anything useful. The key just doesn't work the seat. I'm going to nip in to the dealer tomorrow!

Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 20:13   #7
Tintent

Went to the dealer.....er.....it was Pilot Error.....nothing wrong with the key at all! Nothing like joining a new community with an admission of gross stupidity!!

Thanks for the suggestions. I think you were probably closer to the mark than I realised.

Old Oct 24th, 2009, 17:52   #8
gtr1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintent View Post
Went to the dealer.....er.....it was Pilot Error.....nothing wrong with the key at all! Nothing like joining a new community with an admission of gross stupidity!!

Thanks for the suggestions. I think you were probably closer to the mark than I realised.
Want to share your pilot error with us?
gtr1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2009, 20:27   #9
Tintent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr1000 View Post
Want to share your pilot error with us?
It's a bit tricky to describe really. I was under the impression the key saved the seat position when you lock the door. However, the dealer started the engine and then went in to the computer. He unchecked and re-checked the seat memory check box and then turned off the engine. Doing this, both keys work!

Of course, I had already been through this procedure but when I did it, the seat was in the same position both times, so it didn't move (which is correct).

Hope this makes a bit of sense!!

Tags
power seats, remote, v70