Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

245L 1975, let’s start dancing!

Views : 35290

Replies : 145

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 12th, 2020, 21:13   #51
Bugjam1999
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentepazza View Post
I am sure I have seen the headlight wipers to early models.
Here is a Photo. Once in Norway I had a look to the system and it’s different from late models. There is only one motor moving a complex mechanism Of pulleys and chords. Maybe only Scandinavian cars had them fitted ( makes sense, they really need to wipe snow off).

I Have got the tailgate with rear fog light. I hate it. Someone cut through the metal... it’s painful... I have got another tailgate without that ugly hole.
I am more keen to add foglights on the bumper or under the rear bumper.

I like old Volvo naked
I ll give a call next days, thanks mate.
That used to be my car! I sold it last November- the photo was taken of it when it was mine.

You are correct that the headlight wiper system was different to the later cars- one central motor and two cables that went to each wiper. I couldn’t get the motor to work, it was the only thing that didn’t work on the car when I sold it.

I believe the car was an export model, so it’s possible that U.K. cars that age didn’t have the wipers- a friend of mine has a UK 1975 245 that doesn’t have the headlight wipers.

I’ll be amazed if you can find the mechanism for sale anywhere, if you really want headlight wipers it’d be easier to make suitable brackets so a later set of separate motors can be fitted.

Cheers
Bugjam1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bugjam1999 For This Useful Post:
Old May 13th, 2020, 06:56   #52
mentepazza

Brilliant mate! Nice car! Where did it go? Is the new owner member of the forum?
I’d be happy to ask some photos of the mechanism, at least I know what I am searching if I see one
Don’t really need headlight wipers...but love the engineering of the mechanism...and the rarity of it on Export cars
mentepazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2020, 17:17   #53
mentepazza

Moving forward...

Old May 13th, 2020, 17:58   #54
Bugjam1999
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentepazza View Post
Brilliant mate! Nice car! Where did it go? Is the new owner member of the forum?
I’d be happy to ask some photos of the mechanism, at least I know what I am searching if I see one
Don’t really need headlight wipers...but love the engineering of the mechanism...and the rarity of it on Export cars
I sold the car to an enthusiastic chap from Yorkshire, he’s really enjoying driving it and we exchange the occasional message now and then. I don’t think he looks at this forum very often.

I had a look through my photos and found one photo of the mechanism from when I was trying to get it to work- hope that helps.

I kept a pretty long project thread detailing the work I did to the car, which might be of interest-

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=268976

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D4BD300F-3860-4FC3-B250-E6C0C60C6B64.jpg (206.6 KB, 18 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Bugjam1999 For This Useful Post:
Old May 13th, 2020, 18:25   #55
mentepazza

Thanks mate! Very appreciate the effort!
And FFS how did I miss your thread? Great job there!
The Following User Says Thank You to mentepazza For This Useful Post:
Old May 15th, 2020, 16:27   #56
wooble
Stay gold baby!

Love the work you're doing here! Looks like a really good project.

Not been on these forums in ages, but someone on the UK 240 Facebook group sent me this way; I've got some 140 series parts which may be of interest!

Firstly;

I've got a Volvo Competition Service manifold set for B20. Comes with a Solex EIES C40 carb. This came to me in a job lot of parts about 10 years ago and it's just gathering dust, and I'm never going to own anything with the right engine for it.

This was originally sold by Volvo as the 'GT Kit' for 142&144, and would have included a cylinder head with larger valves and a cam. I don't have those.

Can be seen in the catalogue here:
http://volvo1800pictures.com/documen...07771017-6.pdf

Obviously I've never seen any of it running but it's been in dry storage, no cracks, rusted parts or damage, all linkages, throttle, choke etc on the carb move freely. I'd expect the carb would need a rebuild with new diaphragms due to age. A bit dusty and cobwebby, but whaddaya expect.

I have no idea what this is worth, I'd be asking a small fortune if it was a complete kit, but as it stands I'd like to sell it for a fair price to someone who'll put it to use, as it's no good to anyone sitting in a box in my garage.

Secondly; I have TWO original, new in box headlight wiper sets for the 140. I seem to remember going through these a few years ago and finding every part was present and correct, with the exception of a couple of screws?

All this stuff is for sale, if you're interested, I went through a phase of buying up garages of old Volvo stuff for a the few parts I needed And I'm still trying to sell it all! Drop me a message if you're interested.

wooble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wooble For This Useful Post:
Old May 15th, 2020, 16:42   #57
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

It is very good to see you here wooble.

Best regards.

er. Wot is a facebook group ....

Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2020, 17:08   #58
Bugjam1999
Master Member

Just realised I have something you might want for this project- a NOS fuel pickup and sender.

Let me know if you’re interested.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AC90562D-9369-4965-AB5A-5F53852358F7.jpg (298.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg AD6CCA50-FCB7-42CC-AC1F-0CBB18C2E30F.jpg (120.7 KB, 11 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Bugjam1999 For This Useful Post:
Old May 15th, 2020, 18:05   #59
mentepazza

Hi Wooble, thanks for visiting this thread.
Very appreciate your effort to write and help here!
Still mouth drooling for the GT Kit! Didn’t even know anything about it!
I ll send you a Pm!
Old May 16th, 2020, 18:24   #60
mentepazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugjam1999 View Post
Just realised I have something you might want for this project- a NOS fuel pickup and sender.

Let me know if you’re interested.

Cheers
Sent you pm.