Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

245L 1975, let’s start dancing!

Views : 35322

Replies : 145

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 5th, 2020, 17:50   #41
mentepazza

Quick update. A little bit more of welding and couple of presents:
Hella lights and NOS front grill.

mentepazza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mentepazza For This Useful Post:
Old May 8th, 2020, 17:30   #42
mentepazza

Another quick update.
Interior prep for painting almost done.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mentepazza For This Useful Post:
Old May 10th, 2020, 13:36   #43
mentepazza

Another part arrived!
Now the rear fog light is the only bit missing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mentepazza For This Useful Post:
Old May 10th, 2020, 15:42   #44
DOUGIE68

Looking good, from a fellow sufferer not a million miles from you. I have a shed with all sorts of 70`s Volvo bits although my mechanical stuff is V6. I do have an estate that is being stripped to meet its fate on the oval of death. (mostly stripped). Mine is a 262c.
DOUGIE68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2020, 19:41   #45
mentepazza

50 minutes far, not bad Need to see that 262C!!!
I ll definitely need some help to find rear fog lights and looking for headlight wiper system... so rare...and better door cards and boot cards.
I ll se you a PM.
Old May 10th, 2020, 20:00   #46
loki_the_glt
Torquemeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentepazza View Post
I ll definitely need some help to find rear fog lights and looking for headlight wiper system... so rare...and better door cards and boot cards.
I ll se you a PM.
I don't think you'll get a headlight wiper system for those headlamps; the large rectangular lamps and the slightly later (1978-on) square lamps had such a system but I don't think the early round headlamp-equipped models had one.

The rear fog lamp is probably a Lucas one that was bolted onto the tailgate; it definitely looked like the add-on it undoubtedly was to meet (EEC?) regulations.

loki_the_glt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2020, 21:45   #47
DOUGIE68

I though it was windscreen wipers you were after. My 262c is in very much more of a dismantled state than your car.
DOUGIE68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2020, 22:35   #48
mentepazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki_the_glt View Post
I don't think you'll get a headlight wiper system for those headlamps; the large rectangular lamps and the slightly later (1978-on) square lamps had such a system but I don't think the early round headlamp-equipped models had one.

The rear fog lamp is probably a Lucas one that was bolted onto the tailgate; it definitely looked like the add-on it undoubtedly was to meet (EEC?) regulations.
I am sure I have seen the headlight wipers to early models.
Here is a Photo. Once in Norway I had a look to the system and it’s different from late models. There is only one motor moving a complex mechanism Of pulleys and chords. Maybe only Scandinavian cars had them fitted ( makes sense, they really need to wipe snow off).

I Have got the tailgate with rear fog light. I hate it. Someone cut through the metal... it’s painful... I have got another tailgate without that ugly hole.
I am more keen to add foglights on the bumper or under the rear bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUGIE68 View Post
I though it was windscreen wipers you were after. My 262c is in very much more of a dismantled state than your car.
I like old Volvo naked
I ll give a call next days, thanks mate.
Old May 11th, 2020, 08:45   #49
loki_the_glt
Torquemeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentepazza View Post
I am sure I have seen the headlight wipers to early models.
Here is a Photo. Once in Norway I had a look to the system and it’s different from late models. There is only one motor moving a complex mechanism Of pulleys and chords. Maybe only Scandinavian cars had them fitted ( makes sense, they really need to wipe snow off).

I Have got the tailgate with rear fog light. I hate it. Someone cut through the metal... it’s painful... I have got another tailgate without that ugly hole.
I am more keen to add foglights on the bumper or under the rear bumper.

I like old Volvo naked
I ll give a call next days, thanks mate.
I stand corrected on the headlamp wipers. You could mount a set of rear fog lamps under the back bumper if the lighting regulations permit and wire them to the lighting circuit quite easily; as you've got the car partially dismantled running the wiring from the console would be a straightforward exercise. I did that with my first 240, even though it had a set of factory ones built in to thetai llamp assemblies.

loki_the_glt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2020, 21:02   #50
mentepazza

Under the rear bumper would actually be my favourite place. I would like to have 2 one on each side. I will run 2 cables each side and see...Altough the 245 has got a Fog light in the taillight
This would be additional fog lights together with additional spot lights to the front.