Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > Parts - Sales and Wants > Generic Parts for Sale
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1999 XC70 2.4T Auto. spares or repair

Views : 847

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 9th, 2012, 17:56   #1
allyh

Default 1999 XC70 2.4T Auto. spares or repair

Hi guys

Sorry this is only my second post so will understand if the mods remove it but I have decided to get rid of this car rather than fix it so thought someone on here might benefit from it.
I would like someone to come and collect it complete as I don't have the space to break it up myself unfortunately.

It ran perfectly and was a joy to drive until last March when the head gasket went between cylinders 3 and 5. There was no spectacular overheating incident, it just started losing water. It was repaired then it sat for ages but now it wont start. It turns over, fires the coil packs but wont fire the fuel injectors. I also can't find anyone local willing to help me fix it.T he tax and MOT has also ran out now.

To make matters worse some thieving scumbag decided to nick the battery last night while it was on charge outside my kitchen window. I'm now at the end of my tether and just want my space back

I have an 1999 XC70 2.4 turbo with automatic transmission
Full Zavoli multipoint LPG system , tank in spare wheel well.
4 Pirelli winter tyres all round, good tread.
Towbar with full electrics
Full beige leather interior
TV/Nav, all electrics working well
138000 miles and FSH
Brand new timing belt kit
No rust

BAD points:
Will need new front discs
Fuel flap is missing
No battery
Doesn't start

I would like rid asap so will take £500 for the lot but it will need to be trailered I imagine.
It's weigh in value isn't far off this tbh and it's breaking value a lot more.

Car is located in Troon, SW Scotland.
Anyone who may be interested contact me on 07527930705 or allyh500@googlemail.com

Thanks
Alistair.

Last edited by allyh; Sep 9th, 2012 at 18:09.
allyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 01:54   #2
allyh

No offers?
It would be a shame to send it to the scrappy as It's far too good a car for that I feel.
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 22:53   #3
allyh

Still have this.

P.S. Thanks for your PM Ovlov regarding MJ Motors. I couldn't reply to you (or any PM's) thanks to the good old 30 post rule. I refuse to spam the board in order to be able to PM people.

Last edited by allyh; Sep 25th, 2012 at 22:56.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 08:33   #4
reggit
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyh View Post
I refuse to spam the board in order to be able to PM people.
If you look in the forum support section (top one on the board I think), the 1st thread explains how you can ask a mod to artificially increase your post count to allow messaging.