Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Selekt Discounts?

Views : 3922

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 12th, 2015, 19:35   #11
Thetappingbison

Hi GusGecko,
I'm with you, when I was looking with a similar budget for our XC60 there was no way I was going to get the spec I wanted on a new car at that price. Yeah I could have gone another £5k with the benefits of free service package etc, but I wouldn't have had enough deposit to get the 0% rate and banks do a much cheaper rate than Volvo's PCP on new or used.

I can see how New and PCP works for many, just not for me this time nor within what I wanted to budget.

I spent a long time looking and had discussions with 3 different dealers, 2 had nothing in the spec I was after but we're very helpful and kept in touch saying they were looking out for one. The other one was as Wimorrison says, playing poker. Told them they had exactly what I wanted and showed my cards of what I was prepared to go to (4-5% less than advertised) but they wouldn't move so I left them with it and said to call if they changed their minds. They still have it advertised.......

I ended up buying privately, and sold mine on eBay, so came out of it with the exact car I was after and combined with selling the part ex myself came in £1,800 better off than through Selekt.

So I'd say there's value out there, as long as you're prepared to search around and wait for the right deal.

From what I've read on other posts, I think St James on here has done similar.
Old Jun 19th, 2016, 07:37   #12
GusGecko
from C30 to XC60

Well to conclude the thread...I got about 4% off. Considering the list price was cheaper than other comparable models around the country..i was happy

GusGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2016, 13:31   #13
NOCTURNAL
Shiny and Black :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGecko View Post
Well to conclude the thread...I got about 4% off. Considering the list price was cheaper than other comparable models around the country..i was happy
Are you happy with your purchase Gus? I tried to pm you but being a newb I have a few more of these to go yet

I'm considering doing what you have to try and get the spec I want as I can only aford new through a motability scheme which doesn't have all teh models and specs I'm considering Rich Java so assumed your Java was this ?? are you still pleased with it , I haven't seen one in the flesh so its risky picking it for a new build..
NOCTURNAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2016, 14:11   #14
GusGecko
from C30 to XC60

Overall yes absolutely. It's not a new car, and I appreciate that not everyone takes as much care as I do so there are some marks..

Other than that yes, great car.

Java is lovely imo..in my other thread titled 'just put down a deposit' I've posted some photos of the car.
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=251203

GusGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2016, 15:43   #15
NOCTURNAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGecko View Post
Overall yes absolutely. It's not a new car, and I appreciate that not everyone takes as much care as I do so there are some marks..

Other than that yes, great car.

Java is lovely imo..in my other thread titled 'just put down a deposit' I've posted some photos of the car.
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=251203
awesome, theres another thread I can jump straight into then My head is whirling at the moment as I only really became aware of the xc60 and its suitability for my through motability scheme, yet there are some options I really would like If I was going to have a brand new £40+ k car that aren't provided or gettable on the scheme , hence I'm trying to scheme and see if I can go youre route and go circa £25k on some other scheme say Half down payment and half on 0% if available?? to try and get my perfect car... but then as you say it won't be new... However I will have something at the end of the 3 years... I can totally see how these schemes work for people who are going to buy a £40k + car anyway as after 3 years at £4k a year you go again, and repeat and again etc... you have a brand new car still after your 10 years of paying , but in my instance I hope (though seriously doubt) I will be able bodied again after 3 years so would have nowt to show for it :s I have grown to realise the Xc60 is the right car though as all of the other similar contenders fall down in one way or another (looking new motability models anyway... ) my head is really spinning as getting in and out of my current car V8 MG ZT260 is becoming a real chore
Old Jul 16th, 2016, 14:27   #16
Dctyke
Dctyke

I got a Volvo select, SE lux d4 auto in March. Ten months old, 8 thou metallic with winter and driver packs, met, tints, top spec infotainment, flat folding front seat, parking sensors for £26500. I'll never get new again. List price would have been around £43 thou for the spec. I was told by the salesman that Volvo uk specify the prices of their supplied cars every month. The dealer cannot sell at any other price but can decide on what the px is against the purchase hence a bit of wiggle room. I kept looking on autotrader till the right car came along and got in quick.
Dctyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2016, 21:39   #17
NOCTURNAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dctyke View Post
I got a Volvo select, SE lux d4 auto in March. Ten months old, 8 thou metallic with winter and driver packs, met, tints, top spec infotainment, flat folding front seat, parking sensors for £26500. I'll never get new again. List price would have been around £43 thou for the spec. I was told by the salesman that Volvo uk specify the prices of their supplied cars every month. The dealer cannot sell at any other price but can decide on what the px is against the purchase hence a bit of wiggle room. I kept looking on autotrader till the right car came along and got in quick.
What did you chop in then Dctyke ? was the £26,500 with a part-ex??

I haven't totally given up on the motability D5 R-design, but I am fancying your route better and quite fancy a T6 If the weathers crap tomorrow morning I might pop down the stealer to see what they know about...
Is there somewhere I can get a printout of my ideal spec to take with me ? the DTD site seems to want to charge for a printout? and their pricing set-up didn't knock out the individually selected options if duplicated with a 'pack', as they don't have whats included in their 'pack' (I have the official options booklet but DTD don't have every option either?

I'd like to have a couple of specc'd cars ready to leave with the stealer .

Tags
d5 awd, polestar, se lux, selekt