Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Roof Bars V90

Views : 1169

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 29th, 2021, 23:43   #1
Grizzly Gra

Default Roof Bars V90

hi, Looking for help & advise to find a roof bar set to suit a V90.

I already have Thule Rapid system with feet / fixings to suit a Passat, was hoping just to get a new foot and fixing pack but it seems the bars have changed and I would need a full set, would be happy to pick up the change of feet off EBay but there doesn't seem to be any around for the V90.

Does anyone know if the similar railed XC60 & XC90 fittings pack would also fit my car? It's strange they list different kit / pack numbers for the different cars but rails look very similar.

Otherwise any ideas on a good but not expensive set of roof bars. Cruz (Spanish) ??

Thanks.
Grizzly Gra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 08:05   #2
jockonabike

Not sure if others would fit but I'd suggest taking a look at https://www.roofbox.co.uk/ as you can check what’s compatible with your car there. They also have a great selection of bars and fittings
jockonabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 20:06   #3
OldEngineer

I also have a 2018 V40CC. I've just offered up the feet and they seem to be a perfect fit for the V90 despite Thule listing a different part number. The rails look to be the same profile but maybe 2mm wider on the V40CC. The angle seems to be the same.

I just need to find an available friend to help me lift up the V40CC system with its attached roof box.

If I get a moment I'll take a picture of the V40CC feet in place.
OldEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OldEngineer For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 14:35   #4
OldEngineer

A photo of the V40CC feet on the V90

I can see that there is some sculpting of the rubber shape but I can't believe it doesn't have enough tolerance to move.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0748.jpg (164.3 KB, 38 views)
OldEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 18:34   #5
jockonabike

I have a v90 CC and use Thule roof bars and feet which look identical to those in the pic.
jockonabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 20:36   #6
ElCap

I’d contact the Roofbox company as above. I had contacted them re whether the Passat Estate roof bars we have would fit the V90 and they confirmed it would. Not sure if your Passat was a saloon? In which case they will be able to sort you out with the right feet for your car.
ElCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2021, 10:51   #7
badonkadonk

I was in a similar position to you, moving from a Passat CC to an S90, with "old system" Thule bars used on the Passat. I never saw any fitting kit for the S90 to work with the old bars, so I had to bite the bullet and bought complete new set of bars\feet\fitting kit for the Volvo.

PS. I bought from roofbox, happy with their service..
Old Sep 3rd, 2021, 11:03   #8
Beavis
Premier Member

I am going through the same situation, but going from a V90 with the older 753 rapid pack and trying to pick up a foot set for a new X3 - but the older foot set are as rare as hens teeth! so may need to swallow new setup.

i will be selling my Rapid 753 and v90 (2019 MY) car specific footkit over the next month, so will drop you a line when i am ready if you are then still interested.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 10:09   #9
OldEngineer

V40 CC didn't work as you can see on the picture.
The claws did not grab under the top part of the 'T' because the rubber foot is too thick. I could shave down the rubber?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0757.jpg (112.8 KB, 21 views)