Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Major T-5R Problem.

Views : 1061

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 18th, 2013, 01:07   #11
lucky bucky

If the smoke didn't come from the PCV system, where did it come from? I have an 850 blowing the oil out the breather cap and was guessing that the PCV system was the source of the oil
lucky bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:11   #12
XRAY-CHARLIE-TWO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky bucky View Post
If the smoke didn't come from the PCV system, where did it come from? I have an 850 blowing the oil out the breather cap and was guessing that the PCV system was the source of the oil
If you have oil being blown out of the breather cap ??? filler cap ???

That`s damn serious mate and means your PCV oil trap is blocked with oil or coke deposits along with the holes into the block and sump

My mate`s N/A 2.4 had that problem and it fubared his engine as the pressure was too great and blew the oil control ring on number one piston hence pushing the oil up into cam area and then out of filler cap only place it could go as it was the weakest point

I`d stop driving it and strip asap mate but it could already be too late

Last edited by XRAY-CHARLIE-TWO; May 18th, 2013 at 02:13.
XRAY-CHARLIE-TWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:57   #13
scutyde
Retrofit master

Could it be a turbo fault? Turbo losing some pressure in the oil system? A friend of mine with a T5 has something similar, now all his sealing rings have given up, today I will look into it...

Make a compression test this should tell you if all the pistons are ok.
scutyde is offline   Reply With Quote