Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General > 300/66 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

340GL Free to a good home

Views : 1219

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 6th, 2024, 10:07   #1
Miketee

Default 340GL Free to a good home

Hello,

My Mum has kept her father’s 1987 red 340GL in a garage since he passed away 20 odd years ago. It was taxed and mot’ed for the most part but has be SORN for the last few years. I t was started regularly and taken for a run every now and then before being SORN’d. My Mum is happy to give it to an enthusiast. They would just have to come and collect….bearing in mind it is SORN’d so would need a trailer.
It was serviced regularly but I am pretty sure it would need the timing belt checking and probably replacing to be safe before running it.

It has 56102 miles.

The car is near Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk

Contact me if you are interested!!
Thanks
Mike

Last edited by Miketee; Apr 6th, 2024 at 10:09. Reason: Missing info
Miketee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miketee For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 11:15   #2
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

What a very kind and generous offer. I hope that it goes to a good home.

Regards, John.
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 13:10   #3
Connorcottage

[QUOTE=Miketee;2944178]

Hello, Mike

I am very local to Bury and would be interested in coming to have a look today.Could you please contact me on 07469984520 Connor.
Connorcottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 13:31   #4
DORIKICKS

Default Volvo 340

Hi Mike,

I hope you are well.

The story about the Volvo is lovely - I’m sorry about your loss 20 years ago.

My brother had a Volvo 340 for his first proper car and I’ve had several Volvo 940s over the years and have always wanted a 340.

I would love the opportunity to get this back to its former glory! I’m fairly local to Bury and I would be honoured and so grateful to get this car to see the roads once again!

Feel free to text/call me on 07309 706723.

I also have a YouTube channel ‘DORIKICKS’ that yourself and your mother could follow for updates on the car and watch it in its former glory - rather than scooped up and resold.

All the best!

Last edited by DORIKICKS; Apr 6th, 2024 at 13:52.
DORIKICKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 14:08   #5
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Hello kind sir ,

I Sent you a private message , my m8 kirean will give it a loving home 😎👍
And can collect this afternoon with his transporter he said just drop him a call on his mobile I gave you in the private message thank you 🙏 again for your very kind offer 😊

Kind regards
Robert.w

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 16:20   #6
Cookie1057

Hi there,

I'd be very interested in becoming the custodian of the your mums Volvo 340. I'm a massive Volvo nut and sadly had to part with my old Volvo 343.

I'll do right by the car and keep it standard and get it back on the road. I'd also be happy to donate to a charity of you/yours mums choice.

If its hasn't been taken yet I'd be interested in coming to view it. I'm in Yorkshire but driving down to view isn't a problem. I'll happily arrange collection myself.

Please let me know if it's still available.

Thanks.
Chris
Cookie1057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 11:25   #7
Martin Cox
VOC Member

Without wishing to detract from Miketee's generous offer, something seems a little odd here.

The 300 series section is one of the quieter areas of this forum so it seems bizarre that three new members all with the same join date of 6th April 2024 and no previous postings should all express an interest in this vehicle. You may wish to tread carefully.

Martin
Martin Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martin Cox For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 12:17   #8
Volvophile
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Cox View Post
Without wishing to detract from Miketee's generous offer, something seems a little odd here.

The 300 series section is one of the quieter areas of this forum so it seems bizarre that three new members all with the same join date of 6th April 2024 and no previous postings should all express an interest in this vehicle. You may wish to tread carefully.

Martin
No cause for concern here.

Word about the car was spread to a greater audience on social media. These are all genuine people.
Volvophile is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Volvophile For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 12:38   #9
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Cox View Post

Martin
Well spotted, Martin; I had missed that. It does seem rather opportunistic, doesn't it.

You're right that the 3 series section is normally a quiet area of the forum. Among our many 1, 2, 7 and 9 series cars we had only two 3 series, a 360GL and a 1.7 GLE saloon; the latter was a most endearing car. MIL also had a 360 GLE for many years.

Regards, John.
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 20:03   #10
Simpsonsclassics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miketee View Post
Hello,

My Mum has kept her father’s 1987 red 340GL in a garage since he passed away 20 odd years ago. It was taxed and mot’ed for the most part but has be SORN for the last few years. I t was started regularly and taken for a run every now and then before being SORN’d. My Mum is happy to give it to an enthusiast. They would just have to come and collect….bearing in mind it is SORN’d so would need a trailer.
It was serviced regularly but I am pretty sure it would need the timing belt checking and probably replacing to be safe before running it.

It has 56102 miles.

The car is near Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk

Contact me if you are interested!!
Thanks
Mike
Good evening,

I have just noticed your Volvo 340 advert, it caught my eye as I have very keen love for a Volvo 300 series car.

I run a Youtube channel channel called www.youtube.com/simpsonsclassics where as you will see I like to save old cars, just last year I saved a Volvo 340DL that had been sat for 27 years, this car is now part of a private collection and will see the road again.

With your permission, I would love to do the same with your Volvo 340, I would hate to see this car go to the "Drifters" or "spares". I would do my upmost to save this little car and put it back on the road.

kind regards

Simpsons Classics
03 P2 V70 D5
Simpsonsclassics is offline   Reply With Quote