Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 seat covers

Views : 1893

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 13th, 2009, 12:07   #1
KatesV50

Default V50 seat covers

I've searched this forum, ebay, and google for some front seat covers that don't hinder the airbag in the seats. I've had very little success finding many options out there. The only reason I'm looking is after jogging around town it would be nice to not put my sweaty bum on my factory seats. Maybe I should just buy some Scotchguard and soak the seats. Or maybe just get over it :-). If anybody has had any luck or know of a good site to check out I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,
Kate
KatesV50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2009, 17:26   #2
Derek UK
VOC Member

Good old JCW might be able to supply
http://www.jcwhitney.com/Volvo-V50-S...-600015607.jcw

Or maybe sew some up from large terry towels. A custom job for you or the seamstress round the corner.

Be quick, Surfs Up.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 11:30   #3
KatesV50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek UK View Post
Good old JCW might be able to supply
http://www.jcwhitney.com/Volvo-V50-S...-600015607.jcw

Or maybe sew some up from large terry towels. A custom job for you or the seamstress round the corner.

Be quick, Surfs Up.

It's a tough decision without seeing any of them in person. I don't want something too cheap looking, I think I'm being too picky, but it is for my bum to sit on. Yesterday I just sat on a towel and thought about sewing something home made up to use once and a while.

I'm quick, hopefully it's chest to head high.
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 12:16   #4
Harvey1512
Premier Member

I think you found the answer after your last run, sit on a towel. That way you have the seats as they are meant to be for day to day use but you don't mess them up after a run. Seat covers will always look like seat covers. Leave a towel in your boot and sit on it when you need to. Don't over complicate matters.
Harvey1512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 12:24   #5
KatesV50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey1512 View Post
I think you found the answer after your last run, sit on a towel. That way you have the seats as they are meant to be for day to day use but you don't mess them up after a run. Seat covers will always look like seat covers. Leave a towel in your boot and sit on it when you need to. Don't over complicate matters.
I agree, you know how it is with something "new" and clean. I had some wet okole neoprene covers in a jeep cherokee, but it was my surf vehicle and they looked like something a jeep would have.