Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Is the manfacturer warranty transferable?

Views : 5290

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 1st, 2007, 22:02   #1
eyewhy

Default Is the manfacturer warranty transferable?

Hi All,

I'm wondering whether this is the case as I've just bought an S60 which is not three years old until 25th Jan 08. The car has covered 43k miles. I've just been having a quick look around the UK Volvo website and it states the following regarding warranties. All the points make reference to 'the first owner'.

The new Volvo car warranty is described below:

• For three years from the date that the vehicle is delivered to the first owner or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first, any component failure attributable to faulty materials or workmanship during manufacture will be rectified free of charge by an authorised Volvo dealer.

• For three years from the date that the vehicle is delivered to the first owner, any paintwork defects and surface rust attributable to faulty materials or workmanship during manufacture will be rectified free of charge by an authorised Volvo dealer.

• For twelve years on the S40, V50, C70, S80 and C30, and eight years for the rest of the range, from the date that the vehicle is delivered to the first owner, rust perforation through any sheet metal body panel attributable to faulty materials or workmanship during manufacture will be rectified free of charge by an authorised Volvo dealer.
eyewhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2007, 22:04   #2
JIM C
Forum Support Team

Thumbs up

Of course the Volvo warrenty is tranferable. It certainly happened to me in the past.
Old Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:54   #3
mjcourtney
VOC Member

Yep can confirm that, i'm the second owner of my 2004 S40, and Volvo have just agreed to change the engine on warranty. There was no question about it being covered by the warranty from them.
mjcourtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:36   #4
Bob
Club Director

Unless the manufacturers decide to reword this, the warranty relates to the car not the owner.

Bob

1995 850 T5 auto estate. 280hp 289K miles and purrrs
2009 Jap import V70 2.5T 200hp 51K miles
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:55   #5
angmarwitch

think mine just about to run out
Old Nov 2nd, 2007, 12:37   #6
eyewhy

Thanks for the responses guys. If I'd looked a bit harder on Volvo UK's website, I'd have seen this page! http://www.volvocars.co.uk/tools/Own..._Ownership.htm
I've submitted my details now so all is good!
eyewhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2007, 14:43   #7
JIM C
Forum Support Team

Glad your all sorted out.