Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Delivery News

Views : 75303

Replies : 617

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 18th, 2022, 10:24   #351
smithsc

Well the day has come from 1pm today i'm making the 2.5hr drive to collect the S60 T8 PE its been just over 10 months, a lot of times I feared it would never come but yet here she is.

I'll try and get some pics of collection
smithsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2022, 10:49   #352
Musedave

That's reassuring. I'm 6 months in for an XC60 recharge so far, only 4 to go!
Musedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2022, 11:54   #353
CocoPops
VOC Member

Asked for an update, so dealer contacted 'new car supply' who said the following:

"We are unable to release this order at present as we are factory full for XC90 hybrid for calendar year 2022, we will release this vehicle when more production slots are opened to us. Realistically this vehicle will now be built in Q1 2023."

This was an order placed April 23rd this year.
Old Aug 18th, 2022, 12:01   #354
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoPops View Post
Asked for an update, so dealer contacted 'new car supply' who said the following:

"We are unable to release this order at present as we are factory full for XC90 hybrid for calendar year 2022, we will release this vehicle when more production slots are opened to us. Realistically this vehicle will now be built in Q1 2023."

This was an order placed April 23rd this year.
If you'd consider Thunder Grey/Blond leather then I have the below for a September delivery?

XC90 Recharge T8 AWD plug-in hybrid Ultimate Dark Automatic
Thunder Grey
Blond Ventilated nappa leather
RRP £82,525
Discounted Price £78,368

Depending on how you're looking to fund it then it may be that the finance deals differ now to what they were in April, but thought I'd mention it just in case!

Kind Regards

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2022, 22:59   #355
smithsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsc View Post
Well the day has come from 1pm today i'm making the 2.5hr drive to collect the S60 T8 PE its been just over 10 months, a lot of times I feared it would never come but yet here she is.

I'll try and get some pics of collection
Well as promised here she is, a nice 160 mile drive home to get used to her
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3878E0EB-4B73-41CF-96A3-60D44AD133AC.jpg (101.5 KB, 89 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to smithsc For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 19th, 2022, 08:40   #356
100K+
Premier Member

Quote:
Well as promised here she is, a nice 160 mile drive home to get used to her
…just curious….but where in West Yorkshire is 2.5 hours from Huddersfield/Wakefield/Bradford or are these dealerships now shut?

Ok I live 15 mile from Newcastle and bought a V70 TDI back in the day from harretts Huddersfield cos I fell out with Mill Newcastle . But I (according to my wife) was the only person who would do such a “daft trick”

Cheers Bob
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2022, 09:22   #357
smithsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100K+ View Post
…just curious….but where in West Yorkshire is 2.5 hours from Huddersfield/Wakefield/Bradford or are these dealerships now shut?

Ok I live 15 mile from Newcastle and bought a V70 TDI back in the day from harretts Huddersfield cos I fell out with Mill Newcastle . But I (according to my wife) was the only person who would do such a “daft trick”

Cheers Bob
I used Carwow to buy my car and no dealers round here could get anywhere near the price I got, this meant I had to drive to Worcester to collect (sad I know but the saving made it worth it)
The Following User Says Thank You to smithsc For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 19th, 2022, 09:29   #358
rhd443

Quote:
I used Carwow to buy my car and no dealers round here could get anywhere near the price I got, this meant I had to drive to Worcester to collect (sad I know but the saving made it worth it)
Same as, my Carwow order placed in 2019 delivered in Q1 2020 saved in 11k by using Carwow (including a finance deposit contribution) and negotiating dealers between each other on Carwow, so distance was not an issue. Drivethedeal couldnt even come close.

Nice looking car, I assume it has missed out on the paddles, drive mode selector, leather steering wheel and the head up display?
rhd443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2022, 09:34   #359
smithsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd443 View Post
Same as, my Carwow order placed in 2019 delivered in Q1 2020 saved in 11k by using Carwow (including a finance deposit contribution) and negotiating dealers between each other on Carwow, so distance was not an issue. Drivethedeal couldnt even come close.

Nice looking car, I assume it has missed out on the paddles, drive mode selector, leather steering wheel and the head up display?
yeah, i'll be honest the above don't bother me, I had HUD on my BMW and still looked at dash. Paddles are a gimmick IMO and drive modes are easy to get to via Sensus.

Only downside is the non leather wheel for me but hey ho
Old Aug 19th, 2022, 11:55   #360
100K+
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd443 View Post

Are the above options/standard on the S60 T8 2023My and not available on V60 T6 2023MY

I ask as I have a T6 due Late sept and would love a drive mode selector switch as earlier MY. The test vehicle only had selection via touch screen..

Cheers Bob
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote