Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Delivery News

Views : 75336

Replies : 617

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 24th, 2022, 18:00   #241
TaffyJerseyBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaffyJerseyBean View Post
One minor gripe with the Sensus system and that is playing music from a USB stick.

I've noticed in Album view that Albums are listed alphabetically by title, then "Song Artist" instead of "Album Artist".

This is fine if you have an album where the song artist is the same all the way through. However, if you have a compilation album where the "Album Artist" is "Various Artists", the system instead files multiple version of the album with each filed according to each different song artist. For example, a compilation album with 20 songs by 20 different artists will show up as being 20 albums with the same title, all having one song each.

How do I get around this without changing all my individual song artists?

Seems a silly logical oversight.
Google was my friend here but boy what a palaver!

Tried the playlist route which worked well, but would only handle 100 playlists. I've since had to re-tag 000's of tracks to make the whole library reference sensibly in Sensus. I've also kept a copy of the original library for the future in case the next car isn't as daft as the Volvo system.
Old May 24th, 2022, 19:47   #242
Tony H

Quote:
Google was my friend here but boy what a palaver!

Tried the playlist route which worked well, but would only handle 100 playlists. I've since had to re-tag 000's of tracks to make the whole library reference sensibly in Sensus. I've also kept a copy of the original library for the future in case the next car isn't as daft as the Volvo system.
Ironic that the daft system is made for Volvo by Google!
Tony H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2022, 21:27   #243
DoaM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
The Sensus system is made by Google? Really?
Old May 24th, 2022, 23:33   #244
TaffyJerseyBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
Erm, no. Sensus is Volvo’s legacy system, not Google’s. I purposely cancelled my MY23 order for a MY22 car to swerve that particular bullet.

I used Google (as in the search engine) to work out what the heck Sensus was doing with my USB music.

Missing iDrive already!
Old May 25th, 2022, 12:36   #245
DoaM

Quote:
Erm, no. Sensus is Volvo’s legacy system, not Google’s.
That was my point, made in a somewhat more-subtle way.

Last edited by DoaM; May 25th, 2022 at 15:10.
DoaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2022, 13:15   #246
scotdoc72

After a couple of months of silence from my dealer - a positive email today. The car has cleared UK customs and should be with them soon. Huzzah!

A couple of quick questions:

1. Is Volvo insurance cheaper/better than other options? I used to have a Smax, and FordInsure was much better value than other providers.
2. GAP insurance - yes or no?
Old May 26th, 2022, 13:38   #247
Dohnut

You get 24 or 48hrs (can't remember) driveaway insurance for free. This can be extended to 5 days if you are prepared to let them quote for a full policy. I did this and Volvo were more than double what I'm paying now. Even my salesman doesn't understand how they get any business.

Regarding GAP... I would say yes if you are financing. I used ALA Gap Insurance. Very helpful and competitive even before a 25% discount using a Money Saving Expert code: MSE25. Not sure if that is still valid though.
Old May 26th, 2022, 14:06   #248
TaffyJerseyBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohnut View Post
You get 24 or 48hrs (can't remember) driveaway insurance for free. This can be extended to 5 days if you are prepared to let them quote for a full policy. I did this and Volvo were more than double what I'm paying now. Even my salesman doesn't understand how they get any business.

Regarding GAP... I would say yes if you are financing. I used ALA Gap Insurance. Very helpful and competitive even before a 25% discount using a Money Saving Expert code: MSE25. Not sure if that is still valid though.
Spot on post!

I'm with Admiral multi-car. They were ~£300 cheaper than Volvo's quote! Could have saved another £50 or so if I'd moved to LV according to the comparison sites, but Admiral have been good to us when we needed them so I'm happy to stay put. (I won't even share the quote I had from the company touting for business on here!)

GAP Insurance? No brainer unless you are comfortable shouldering the £ risk if the worst happens. I did exactly the same as Dohnut on both this car and my previous car. Don't regret it. Just steer clear from anything the dealer offers as there are better, more reasonably priced packages available online.

BTW scotdoc72 - congratulations on being nearly there! Exciting times!

Last edited by TaffyJerseyBean; May 26th, 2022 at 14:13.
TaffyJerseyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2022, 15:10   #249
Tony Harrison

Insurance renewal premiums seem strangely arbitrary.

At last renewal, LV increased my premium by enough to annoy me (+21%). I had claimed for grill damage caused by a bird strike last year but that was not a big job and I have made no other claims for decades apart from a couple of windscreen replacements.

I tried Volvo, NFU and Mr Flux and, like others on here, found them stupidly expensive. Their agents couldn't explain why either.

So I went with Direct Line in the end. Recommended by Which?, they are not on comparison sites and quoted a touch less than LV the previous year.

I normally "mind the GAP" as I don't use finance. I believe my S90 is also (allegedly) worth more than I paid for it new some 18 months ago so am confused by the concept.

Perhaps some kind soul on here could enlighten me?

MY2020 Volvo S90 Inscription Plus D4, Osmium Grey, Winter Pack and other bits and pieces
Tony Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2022, 15:35   #250
Dohnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Harrison View Post
I normally "mind the GAP" as I don't use finance. I believe my S90 is also (allegedly) worth more than I paid for it new some 18 months ago so am confused by the concept.

Perhaps some kind soul on here could enlighten me?
Covers the gap between a total loss payout and what is owed on finance.

If that doesn't help google it. It's amazing what you kind find on the internet!