Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Our V40 D4 R-Design

Views : 12327

Replies : 59

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:27   #41
sprout99
Master Member

ours should look like this (when it finally arrives.....)

sprout99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:46   #42
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout99 View Post
ours should look like this (when it finally arrives.....)

Nice!

I wonder where the pic is taken.... Gemany, Sweden, Holland?
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 10:01   #43
sprout99
Master Member

that one was holland.....google images
The Following User Says Thank You to sprout99 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 17:31   #44
Neege749

Great looking car and does look smart in black. I've just taken delivery of a D2 in Rebel Blue and I just can't stop staring at it! When I get a chance, I'll post some pics.
Neege749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 19:56   #45
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neege749 View Post
Great looking car and does look smart in black. I've just taken delivery of a D2 in Rebel Blue and I just can't stop staring at it! When I get a chance, I'll post some pics.
Rebel Blue..... pictures please as soon as you can!!

What spec to you take? Options?
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 12:32   #46
sprout99
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neege749 View Post
did you get yours in warrington?

Ours was ordered through dealer in warrington ....don't know why
must have given best deal
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 23:17   #47
smeems

Looks great in black but as an amateur detailer I wouldn't envy anyone owning one I had the choice of Black and it looks great but went for White as its easier to keep clean (I love washing and cleaning cars but not every two minutes!!)

We're about to take delivery of our D2 R Lux Nav on Friday.

I'm a car nut, I've always been a "no replacement for displacement" type of mentality but after a recent week tour of the south of France in my old m5 we came back aghast at the cost of fuel (it had been a while since last in the continent) and decided we needed a cheap car to run.... keeping the beemer but needed something more frugal for day to day!

We hadn't looked long but looked at the alternatives then saw one of the v40r's and thought it looked fantastic, test drove, did the deal.

Its the first time I've bought new in almost 10 years after vowing never to do it again but it just seemed to make sense this time around, I then figured if you are going to keep a car for a long time you might as well get as much spec as you can get. The two things we really wanted was the heated seats and glass roof so the pack is:

xenium pack
winter pack

I wasn't really fussed about the park pilot but it comes with it so will be a nice gimmick but what I really loved was the seats, the interior is just a lovely place to be. I'm not a good negotiator so probably could have done better but you know what, we're happy to get the car.

I've never understood people getting excited over new cars unless they are a classic or an exotic (but then theres that excitement about getting anything new I suppose) but I am really looking forward to picking this up!
smeems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2013, 11:58   #48
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeems View Post
Looks great in black but as an amateur detailer I wouldn't envy anyone owning one I had the choice of Black and it looks great but went for White as its easier to keep clean (I love washing and cleaning cars but not every two minutes!!)

We're about to take delivery of our D2 R Lux Nav on Friday.

I'm a car nut, I've always been a "no replacement for displacement" type of mentality but after a recent week tour of the south of France in my old m5 we came back aghast at the cost of fuel (it had been a while since last in the continent) and decided we needed a cheap car to run.... keeping the beemer but needed something more frugal for day to day!

We hadn't looked long but looked at the alternatives then saw one of the v40r's and thought it looked fantastic, test drove, did the deal.

Its the first time I've bought new in almost 10 years after vowing never to do it again but it just seemed to make sense this time around, I then figured if you are going to keep a car for a long time you might as well get as much spec as you can get. The two things we really wanted was the heated seats and glass roof so the pack is:

xenium pack
winter pack

I wasn't really fussed about the park pilot but it comes with it so will be a nice gimmick but what I really loved was the seats, the interior is just a lovely place to be. I'm not a good negotiator so probably could have done better but you know what, we're happy to get the car.

I've never understood people getting excited over new cars unless they are a classic or an exotic (but then theres that excitement about getting anything new I suppose) but I am really looking forward to picking this up!
Sounds like you will be very pleased with your new car. Congrats!

Do post pictures of it once delievered. Always nice to see other members cars on here
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
Old Oct 10th, 2013, 13:18   #49
smeems

Cheers and will do!

We're both really looking forward to it, pick up is tomorow now and the time will just drag on and on!

Soon as I get it I will try to get some pics done
The Following User Says Thank You to smeems For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 16:53   #50
smeems

Well collected the car (pics will follow) and really pleased with it!

One question though....

In the boot when the door is open the floor is not level, there is about a 9cm recess, is this the split load option? The only question is we have nothing to cover this area (ie to make it level when seats are down), should there be a load level or is that the thing you have to buy (to make it level)?

Never had DAB before, never seen the point but how we have missed out! Loving the stations, especially Gold and Smooth 70s, absolute 80s and 90s (getting old!!)

Cheers!