Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

AAOS 3.0.3 now public

Views : 2459

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 15th, 2024, 16:29   #11
Hadajag

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonRypp View Post
I have been saying this for months. The SPA platform is already legacy. My wife EX30 has the features which the Sensus cars had, so those are already implemented for AAOS but not delivered to the SPA cars and I am sure, nothing significant will happen to SPA cars anymore OS-wise.
I was given an EX30 as courtesy car last week by my Volvo dealer. I drove it for 60 or so miles
What a horrible car! Uncomfortable, poor visibility but what is horrendous is the lack of drivers display. One has to look at the centre display to for anything including how fast you are going.The centre display is consequently cluttered and thus difficult to determine functions and status with what has to be a quiick glance.
Old Apr 25th, 2024, 18:14   #12
Marmaduke

Unhappy

Nothing on implementing a fader/balance control on the B&W sound system. Volvo technical told me there is still insufficient demand... I countered with a suggestion along the lines of: why not get ahead of the curve instead of waiting for 'enough complaints'?? Oh, and scrap the juvenile 'jazz club' and 'concert hall' ambiences while you're at it...
Old Apr 26th, 2024, 08:18   #13
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
Nothing on implementing a fader/balance control on the B&W sound system. Volvo technical told me there is still insufficient demand... I countered with a suggestion along the lines of: why not get ahead of the curve instead of waiting for 'enough complaints'?? Oh, and scrap the juvenile 'jazz club' and 'concert hall' ambiences while you're at it...
That is an obscure answer from Volvo and makes no sense (but no surprise), especially when you consider that Balance/Fader control had been available under Sensus for years and years, on all three audio levels:
  • High Performance Sound
  • Harman Kardon
  • Bowers and Wilkins

Balance/Fader is a standard default control that everyone expects to be there and should never have been removed by Volvo when they changed to AAOS.

It would be like Bosch launching a new fridge without an inside light bulb and saying “there is still insufficient demand to have one”!

Volvo apathy, incompetence or arrogance? Probably a bit of all 3.
Old Apr 26th, 2024, 12:41   #14
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
That is an obscure answer from Volvo and makes no sense (but no surprise), especially when you consider that Balance/Fader control had been available under Sensus for years and years, on all three audio levels:
  • High Performance Sound
  • Harman Kardon
  • Bowers and Wilkins

Balance/Fader is a standard default control that everyone expects to be there and should never have been removed by Volvo when they changed to AAOS.

It would be like Bosch launching a new fridge without an inside light bulb and saying “there is still insufficient demand to have one”!

Volvo apathy, incompetence or arrogance? Probably a bit of all 3.
It's an 'interesting' approach from Volvo; choose not to implement a feature unless or until there is 'sufficient demand'. To be a little bit fair to Volvo Balance/Fader controls aren't something used by everyone or probably even most people but I understand that it will be important to some.

The issue with influencing Volvo on this will be generating 'sufficient demand'. Many/most drivers simply won't care enough to do anything about it.

I used to think that the features lacking from AAOS cars was due to Volvo finding development for AAOS more difficult than expected. However three years in there has been ample time to resolve any 'it's difficult' issues.

I am beginning to think that it's apathy, with an eye on costs also an element.
Old Apr 26th, 2024, 14:19   #15
vonRypp

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
It's an 'interesting' approach from Volvo; choose not to implement a feature unless or until there is 'sufficient demand'. To be a little bit fair to Volvo Balance/Fader controls aren't something used by everyone or probably even most people but I understand that it will be important to some.

The issue with influencing Volvo on this will be generating 'sufficient demand'. Many/most drivers simply won't care enough to do anything about it.

I used to think that the features lacking from AAOS cars was due to Volvo finding development for AAOS more difficult than expected. However three years in there has been ample time to resolve any 'it's difficult' issues.

I am beginning to think that it's apathy, with an eye on costs also an element.
Exactly. Don’t expect any improvements anymore for the legacy AAOS. Volvo is focusing on the EX series OS which is a completely different platform. I am sure that the only reason they implemented the somewhat newer Android 12 because the older version 11 is not compliant with the current automotive cybersecurity standards nothing else. The SPA platform is 10 year old now. During normal times it would have been called legacy for years, but due to the recent crisis they had to keep them ‘alive’ until the full EX/EV(?)/E line-up arrives.

I feel betrayed bacuse when I purchased my V90CC I tought Volvo at least re-implement the old Sensus features, but it’s been almost 2 years now and their biggest achievment was to enable the steering wheel switch for ACC and lane keep assist…

Last edited by vonRypp; Apr 26th, 2024 at 14:24.
vonRypp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vonRypp For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 27th, 2024, 07:30   #16
Hadajag

I was given an EX30 as a courtesy car. I was convinced that it was AAOS.
Old Apr 27th, 2024, 09:58   #17
sandys
XC60 T8 Ultimate Dark

It will be AAOS with a different Skin, you don't get Google services on anything but Android based platforms.
Old Apr 27th, 2024, 10:59   #18
vonRypp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadajag View Post
I was given an EX30 as a courtesy car. I was convinced that it was AAOS.
My wife drives an EX30. It is indeed an AAOS but different skin (GUI).
The Following User Says Thank You to vonRypp For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 27th, 2024, 23:27   #19
PhilSwallowUK

Default Updated to 3.0.3 - CarPlay stopped working

Frustrating from Volvo. I udated to 3.0.3 and now Apple CarPlay doesn’t work any more. I get an audible tone when attaching the cable, the charging icon shows the connection, the CarPlay screen says “connect using USB cable”. Utter nonsense. Will raise it withe Volvo and see what they say.
PhilSwallowUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:32   #20
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

Apparently v3.03 has been stopped and recalled in the US due to needing bug fixes. (Discussed over on Swedespeed)

Will be interesting to see if this is impacting only the US region or is across the board.