Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo ID activation not working

Views : 1659

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 6th, 2024, 13:36   #21
Yelper85

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftgrub100 View Post
Sensus and AAOS are different beasts so handle things differently, but at the end of the day if the app is working and On Call / SOS is working then you are not missing anything.

When we has Sensus it still did nothing when you signed into screen app in the car, don't think it ever showed anything, on AAOS you can see if your signed in.

On the app there should be no difference if you have cars connected to the app you should be able to see them in the connected cars section, advantage of Sensus cars you can sign in on Iphone Ipad etc and any connections you have are already there, with AAOS you have to physically have the phone in the car to connect and it only connects to that device as it uses bluetooth to connect the app to the car first, then data after that.

I don't think anything is missing or any options are no longer available, they have moved the resources to the mobile app rather than having to go to desktop sign in process and you can do everything from the phone.
Different beasts yes, totally agree, however they fed into the same system at the end which is your Volvo ID account, and I am missing something as stated which is the fact my cars no longer appear in my account and nor do the cars believe they are tied to a Volvo ID.

Both my Volvos used to be tied, and it stated this in the Volvo ID app on Sensus, so it's definitely changed for me and it appears so for others.

If it's all app based now then fine, but this hasn't been communicated and the car still allows for the older method which doesn't work and this seems to have been verified with the response @denzo got.

20 plate XC60 Inscription Pro T8 PHEV + Polestar
Yelper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 15:23   #22
giftgrub100
giftgrub100

Totally understand, but can you not see your cars in your mobile app on the connected cars section ? - If you can then anything you need is there.

Not sure what functions are missing or no longer unavailable.
giftgrub100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 15:58   #23
Yelper85

Quote:
Totally understand, but can you not see your cars in your mobile app on the connected cars section ? - If you can then anything you need is there.

Not sure what functions are missing or no longer unavailable.
Yeah I can see the XC60 in the app which is fine, it's just the car itself doesn't think it's tied when you look in the Volvo ID app yet it used to, indeed it sits there saying something like 'almost done, check your email to connect'. Same as the Volvo ID online, it used to list the vehicles under 'Your Resources' but that's now blank.

This is why it's annoying as it seems the functionality has been removed but they have left a redundant method behind.

My V60 is the same but doesn't show as connected either in the app or in my Volvo ID or My Volvo account, however it is 2015 based Sensus but did used to say connected and show in Volvo ID resources.

Old Apr 10th, 2024, 11:32   #24
Jinkster

My car under Internet settings has come up with Volvo ID - Pending Activation.

Has anyone found a fix for this?

The owners section of the Volvo website doesn't show any connected cars but I've connected my car to the iPhone app.

2015 Volvo V70 MY16. D4.

Thanks.
Jinkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2024, 18:55   #25
Yelper85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinkster View Post
My car under Internet settings has come up with Volvo ID - Pending Activation.

Has anyone found a fix for this?

The owners section of the Volvo website doesn't show any connected cars but I've connected my car to the iPhone app.

2015 Volvo V70 MY16. D4.

Thanks.
Hi @Jinkster,

Sorry for the late reply, been on holiday.

So your car is paired with the My Volvo app but when you look at Connected cars in your profile settings (The 'person' symbol on the right hand tab then 'Connected cars' in the My Volvo app) it shows nothing?

See from what's been said, connecting in the app should definitely show, it's if you try and connect via the built-in/car app method using the email confirmation that is no longer supported.

If you can't see the car as connected in the My Volvo app, my next question would be, are all older models of Volvo supported in the app? I've not yet tried connecting my MY16 V60 (the older Sensus with the 'world/globe' button and not touchscreen) with the VIN, but this is my next step.

Did it warn or generate any information about limited functionality when you connected to the app? Also does your car have On Call/keyless entry as mine doesn't and I wonder if the app will complain when I try to connect given there's nothing is can display other than the car is tied to my account.

Last edited by Yelper85; Apr 14th, 2024 at 18:57.
Old Apr 16th, 2024, 07:41   #26
Yelper85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelper85 View Post
Hi @Jinkster,

Sorry for the late reply, been on holiday.

So your car is paired with the My Volvo app but when you look at Connected cars in your profile settings (The 'person' symbol on the right hand tab then 'Connected cars' in the My Volvo app) it shows nothing?

See from what's been said, connecting in the app should definitely show, it's if you try and connect via the built-in/car app method using the email confirmation that is no longer supported.

If you can't see the car as connected in the My Volvo app, my next question would be, are all older models of Volvo supported in the app? I've not yet tried connecting my MY16 V60 (the older Sensus with the 'world/globe' button and not touchscreen) with the VIN, but this is my next step.

Did it warn or generate any information about limited functionality when you connected to the app? Also does your car have On Call/keyless entry as mine doesn't and I wonder if the app will complain when I try to connect given there's nothing is can display other than the car is tied to my account.
Update:

I added my V60 to the My Volvo app using the VIN. It states all cars from 2001 onwards are supported as per the attached image.

I can see both cars as connected in the app, but again it doesn't show this online and nor has the car updated it's status, but that might be because it's all tied in the app now (if that's correct). I would have still thought any connected car would show online with the ability to remove/edit it from there given My Volvo online and the app are tied to the same Volvo ID account. Again, needs verifying.

Functionality wise, there's nothing I can do on mine as I don't have On Call, but I'm assuming if you do have On Call you'd have similar functionality to that as our XC60 depending on what's installed, but of course that's a guess as earlier models may have severe restrictions but you'd hope it would allow for remote locking/unlocking as a minimum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (33.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (28.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (41.3 KB, 7 views)

Old Apr 16th, 2024, 08:46   #27
giftgrub100
giftgrub100

Just to throw a complete spanner at all the previous in this thread, the online Volvo ID available through the website has changed (in the last couple of days) new look and more information available, including vehicles again !! (but all you can do is see the cars, no removing or anything like that)
giftgrub100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2024, 09:09   #28
Yelper85

Quote:
Just to throw a complete spanner at all the previous in this thread, the online Volvo ID available through the website has changed (in the last couple of days) new look and more information available, including vehicles again !! (but all you can do is see the cars, no removing or anything like that)
You're right, it has been updated. Maybe more changes will come over the next couple of weeks if they are in the transition stage of how things are going to work moving forward, however they really should be giving out more public information on this if it's changing as we believe.