Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > Parts - Sales and Wants > Generic Parts Wanted
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

B230K Intake Manifold.

Views : 1199

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 25th, 2012, 14:53   #1
HairpinCircus

Default B230K Intake Manifold.

Hello,

I'm in search of a B230K intake manifold for my 242. One like this:

Throttle linkage would be great too, but I can probably throw something together. Please email me at trptrptrptrptrp@gmail.com. I don't have a huge budget (considering shipping), but help a guy out! Can trade USDM parts.

Thanks!
HairpinCircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 15:33   #2
OldBlueVolvo
VOC Member

Hi, I have one advertised on here in the 740 section. It's from a heron engine so it has the 'hole' underneath the carb mounting to accept a heater, as yours does too in the photo.

edit: I've just realised that IS a photo of my manifold.
Link: http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=125413

I probably have the throttle pulley too. I'll have a look for the bits tomorrow if you're interested.

Last edited by OldBlueVolvo; Apr 25th, 2012 at 15:39.
OldBlueVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 15:58   #3
HairpinCircus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueVolvo View Post
Hi, I have one advertised on here in the 740 section. It's from a heron engine so it has the 'hole' underneath the carb mounting to accept a heater, as yours does too in the photo.

edit: I've just realised that IS a photo of my manifold.
Link: http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=125413

I probably have the throttle pulley too. I'll have a look for the bits tomorrow if you're interested.
Oh man, that's funny. I just googled B230K manifold. I'll need the plate for the bottom too. Not sure about that heater bit, I'm just swapping a Weber in to replace my dying EFI. I'm interested. If the throttle pulley mounts the same as one on a B23F, I won't be needing one. Just wasn't sure, as I've never had an up-close look at a B230K.

Can you give me a shipping quote to Fletcher, North Carolina, USA?

Thankssss

Last edited by HairpinCircus; Apr 25th, 2012 at 16:00.
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 16:11   #4
OldBlueVolvo
VOC Member

I'm going out now but I'll have a look to see what bits I have tomorrow and also see how expensive shipping would be. I don't know what the customs threshold is for the value of goods for import tax. I've been stung buying parts from the USA so it's worth checking up on that.
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 15:18   #5
OldBlueVolvo
VOC Member

I've found the manifold, throttle pulley, heater and thermostat. There are a couple of brass nipples missing and you would have to blank off the EGR port too. Volvo do or used to sell the bits for that. The weight of the parts without any packaging is 3.86kg and Royal Mail prices start at £51.70 for their 'economy service'! I would have to package it up and weigh it again to get a true cost. I don't know if there's a cheaper way of sending it. You might want to consider fixing your EFI...
With a customs charge on top it could easily exceed £100 altogether I reckon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1030291.JPG (119.0 KB, 6 views)
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 16:42   #6
HairpinCircus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueVolvo View Post
I've found the manifold, throttle pulley, heater and thermostat. There are a couple of brass nipples missing and you would have to blank off the EGR port too. Volvo do or used to sell the bits for that. The weight of the parts without any packaging is 3.86kg and Royal Mail prices start at £51.70 for their 'economy service'! I would have to package it up and weigh it again to get a true cost. I don't know if there's a cheaper way of sending it. You might want to consider fixing your EFI...
With a customs charge on top it could easily exceed £100 altogether I reckon.
Damn, that's disappointing. I just sent a manifold to Sweden for a 3rd of that. My EFI works ok (at best), I just want to ditch it to run what I like. I may just go for a single SU, since I already have the manifold.
Old May 1st, 2012, 14:01   #7
Chesh740R
Turbobricker

Try www.parcel2go.com thats what i use when parts Overseas
Chesh740R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 13:38   #8
wooble
Stay gold baby!

DHL via www.transglobal.org.uk always give me great prices on shipping to the US.
wooble is offline   Reply With Quote