Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 sunroof drain tubes. Sunroof leak

Views : 1433

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 23rd, 2023, 22:40   #1
sjc123456789

Default XC90 sunroof drain tubes. Sunroof leak

Evening all, I'm looking for a little help if possible. Opened the car the other morning to about an inch of water in the passenger side front footwell (UK RHD car).
I investigated and found the yellow sunroof drain tube was blocked, I couldn't blow through it, so got the compressor out and used that to clear it a little. Then tried rodding it with an endoscope, but all this did was clump all the soil and block it again.
So, I decided to run some boiling water through it from the top, which I'd already taken off sunroof cassette. Now this seemed like a good idea at the time, and it was in that it cleared the tube.
Then I made a tart of myself!! Thinking one kettle full of water was good, two would be better so I left the top end of the tube hanging out of the car door and waddled in to get another kettle full. Horror!!! On my return I found the yellow tube lying on the floor next to the car.
Only thing I can think is the hot water loosened the friction fit and it slipped off.
Obviously I know roughly where it goes, but for the life of me I can see a positive connection point as there is in the sunroof cassette.

Does anyone have any pictures of the connections? Is a 2015, 2016 model year D5 inscription AWD.

Thanks in anticipation.
Simon
sjc123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2023, 08:06   #2
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Have a look on YouTube, there should be some helpful videos on there.
The pipe should run behind the windscreen side pillar trim and down behind the carpet in footwell.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.

Last edited by nu11eaf; Apr 24th, 2023 at 10:15.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2023, 10:41   #3
chrisrixy

Yes there was a video on YouTube so that might help. I cleared mine using a silicone tube bought on amazon - just fed through from the top drain hole with sunroof open.
I did take the side trim of the windscreen first - and have 1 pic of the yellow tube.

When it comes out under the trim panels in front of the windscreen it is a black tube on mine - never found the join..

Hope that helps

(XC90 D5 MY17)
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_9174 (1).jpeg (78.4 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_9171 (1).jpeg (141.8 KB, 69 views)
chrisrixy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisrixy For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 27th, 2023, 01:59   #4
sjc123456789

Thanks for your help, I’ll take the plastic off in front of the windscreen and find the tube in your photo. I did remove it before but was looking for a tube going to the outside of the vehicle underneath- it did t occur to me it would just come through the bulk head.
I did search YouTube for ages and couldn’t find anything on the mk2 xc90.
Thank you
sjc123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2023, 09:43   #5
Whyman
Premier Member

Never had the problem but I have a plan to use a suitable length of strimmer cable to poke down the tube to clear the blockage.

Should be strong enough to clear the blockage and thin/ flexible enough to follow the router to the outlet.