Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 240 2.0 1993 red for sale. very good original example

Views : 1089

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 7th, 2014, 15:59   #1
Nytram01

Default Volvo 240 2.0 1993 red for sale. very good original example

2.0L Volvo 240 SE Estate red with Tan interior

Tax/MOT until 31st October 2015. Mileage 155K

This Volvo is in lovely original condition and is ready to use and enjoy. It runs and drives beautifully.

The only reason I am letting her go is that I will be loosing my garage and could not stand to see the old girl sit by the roadside in all conditions and decline.

I will try to give an honest description but please ask if you have any specific questions or better still come and see it.

The car was first registered in May 1993 to Volvo Car UK. It was bought by a lady in July 1993. I even have a letter from original owner. During her ownership all work except for the last exhaust was carried out at the supplying Volvo main agent in Reading. It was garaged throughout her ownership. Last 5 years of her ownership it was off road in garage.

In 2013 it was bought by the previous owner, a Volvo enthusiast. He restores many 240’s and he spent 6 months doing the following work:

· Full service

· Cambelt

· Engine oil

· Filter

· Fan belts

· Plugs

· Leads

· Distributor cap

· Rotor arm

· Thermostat

· New coolant

· 2 new wiper blades

· Also fitted is a new good quality battery

· Tailgate has been rewired so everything works as it should

· Also fitted are some brand new clear indicator lenses. All other lights are in great condition.

The paint is all original except for a scratch on the nearside rear wheel arch which has been touched in. It has never had any welding or bodywork repairs done. The leading edge of the bonnet has some stone chips, there is a scrape (paint is not broken) on the nearside doors and a small dent near the tailgate washer jet. There are some small areas of surface rust on rear wheel arches and sills. There is no rust in the wheel wells. The paint is still bright red. The chin spoiler under the front bumper is slightly loose on the nearside corner.

The tan plush interior is exceptional. There are a few minor marks on the carpet in the boot area. The drivers seat shows only slight signs of wear. The handbrake console is perfect. The original radio and speakers work well and I have the radio code. I have not tried the cassette player. The car has never been smoked in and the lighter and ashtray are unused. There is a full set of black floor trays in good condition. The door pockets are intact but have been repaired in past with super glue. I have removed them to not cause further damage.

4x electric windows which all work. Passenger heated mirror works but driver’s side does not. Genuine Volvo alarm system which incorporates REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING. All electrics, instruments etc work as they should.

2 sets of keys with 2 fobs, but only 1 works remote central locking.

The Underbonnet area is clean with only some small areas of surface rust. The bonnet is in great condition.

2 front tyres are new with less than 2000 miles covered. Back tyres are good with plenty of tread.

7 seater. Fold down child seat in boot.

The only item on last MOT was tracking rod arm needing to be replaced.

I have a massive file of receipts and invoices. Full service history. Original bill of sale and letter from original owner. Also colour Volvo 240 brochure. Original Volvo owner’s wallet with all the handbooks. Plus Haynes Manual.

The B200F engine starts willingly and runs very quietly. The gearbox and clutch feel fine. The steering is light and there are no odd noises or vibrations when driving at any speed.

There are a few creaks and rattles as you might expect from a 20 year old car.

I have covered less than 3000 mile this year as this is a second car, but would not hesitate to set off anywhere in it. It has never let me down or failed to start.

I think that this Volvo is lovely but as this car is 21 years old I strongly advise that you come and view it before bidding. I have nothing to hide.

If you have any questions then please PM me or ring 07504 987 838. I’m not technical, but will answer any questions I can.

Also included is full length aluminium roof rack in good condition.

Photos to be added soon as I get a chance to clean her.

£1000 no offers.

Sheffield.
Nytram01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nytram01 For This Useful Post:
Old May 9th, 2014, 11:33   #2
Nytram01

Default photos

I can't work out how to add photos because I can only access forum from my phone:-(ne
If anyone is seriously intended then please txt me your email address and I will forward.
Tel 07504 987 838 thx martyn
Old May 9th, 2014, 19:16   #3
blobbyknobby

Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytram01 View Post
2.0L Volvo 240 SE Estate red with Tan interior

Tax/MOT until 31st October 2015. Mileage 155K
Tax mot to 31ST Oct 2015...... How please ?
blobbyknobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 21:29   #4
Nytram01

Default of course I mean October 2014. martyn

Mot tax October 2014
The Following User Says Thank You to Nytram01 For This Useful Post: