Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Colerne - a fantastic day!

Views : 1809

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 28th, 2006, 22:04   #11
davebslater(uk)
redbollock guru

oh yes ,

im annoyed about missing out this year , still - nobodies taken my records !!!

funny thing is - i bet my old man £20 at loton park , who would be quickest- i still havent seen any wonga .
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 22:07   #12
Engineer
Rubbing son is racing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC View Post
Hi Gary, well at 5.30 this morning I aquaplaned my way up to the M4, by the time I got to Colerne at 7.30 it had cleared up and we had an almost perfect day with some wind - I drove with new tyres in the morning (dampish track first thing) and changed over to part worn in the afternoon for more grip! I'm sure Hamish will let you know his times as I don't have them!
Nice one Iain it takes a lot of work to get out there, do you recon that new car of yours might be good for the high 80’s at Colerne? What 2 stroke motor are you running Hamish? It moves mate whatever it is. Nice vid Nat.
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 22:25   #13
NatHLM

Hi

That's Hamish's spare, spare engine a thing called a 'Krauser' its based on a Yamah TZ500 and its the engine that Steve Webster used in the world side car championship in the early 90's. He's hoping to get one of his ADM's ready for Brighton in a fortnight failing that, Cadwell as these are even more powerful than the Krauser (180 BHP v 150 BHP not bad for 500cc's!)

Nat xx
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 22:47   #14
Engineer
Rubbing son is racing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatHLM View Post
Hi

That's Hamish's spare, spare engine a thing called a 'Krauser' its based on a Yamah TZ500 and its the engine that Steve Webster used in the world side car championship in the early 90's. He's hoping to get one of his ADM's ready for Brighton in a fortnight failing that, Cadwell as these are even more powerful than the Krauser (180 BHP v 150 BHP not bad for 500cc's!)

Nat xx

Thanks for the info Nat, thought it must be one of those or similar awsome power for a 500cc as you say, good luck with the new power unit.
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 23:17   #15
NatHLM

Hi,

Hamish's times were 75.. 75.. & a 76... his overall times were a bit slow really ! He got a re run after his 1st timed run (cones all over the track in the chicane....his excuse and the Clerk of Course believed him !) Rerun...he charged the chicane and had to take the grass ! (he said something about third being 2 gears too high !). His last run he was really trying (too hard) to qualify for the British Championship Run Off and ran too wide on the exit to the last corner (a 100 mph OFF !) He bumped across the grass for 300yds and got back on the track to drive through the finish ! So 1st in class, no place in the Run Off, the car looks like a hay barn, a happy driver (I think he just enjoys going silly fast). He was rather pleased that the data logger recorded a top speed of 125 mph at the end of the straight (faster than the 'quicker 1100's !). He thinks a 60someting second run should be easily possible with the new car next year !

Nats,
xxx
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 08:06   #16
IC
S60R/V70R

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
Nice one Iain it takes a lot of work to get out there, do you recon that new car of yours might be good for the high 80’s at Colerne? What 2 stroke motor are you running Hamish? It moves mate whatever it is. Nice vid Nat.
Gary, It'll just take time and more experience. I need to get the time in racing these tracks to get to know the proper racing lines and braking points and build up my driving ability and confidence as well as get to know the car and how it handles! I'll be doing Castle Coombe in October again.

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 10:24   #17
STE-MAL
You Can't Beat A Swede

Thumbs up

Well done Iain, those times are coming down nicely. Lucky you didn't have the weight disadvantage you had at the crooked billet on Sunday. LOL!
2017 V40 T-3 Inscription Auto
STE-MAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 13:21   #18
IC
S60R/V70R

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by STE-MAL View Post
Well done Iain, those times are coming down nicely. Lucky you didn't have the weight disadvantage you had at the crooked billet on Sunday. LOL!
Thanks Steve! "weight disadvantage"

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

IC is offline   Reply With Quote