Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo TP21 hand brake / gear stick gaiter

Views : 878

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 10th, 2006, 13:59   #1
Stanleywindrush
Amazon antics

Default Volvo TP21 hand brake / gear stick gaiter

Hi
A related topic to the Amazon / PV forum..

I have now aquired my TP21 (Sugga - see earlier threads) and it needs a new hand brake and gear change gaiter. They are volvo parts similar as fitted to the Volvo 50's taxi cab and some Volvo lorries from the 50's.

Does anyone know where I could get an oversized gaiter that is approx half a foot long and at the base is 5 inches across (perferrably shaped like a conicle concertina) The hand brake is square at the base and is only a couple of inches high and 3 inches by 2 at the base.

I have a PV and Amazon gaiter, but these don't fit as they have flanges at the bottom and I need one without a flange that fits over a lip on the gear box top. Also the PV/ Amazon ones are angled, and I need one that goes straight up!!

Sorry to highjack the forum, but advice/ suggestions are appreciated!!

PS I also need an internal light (large square white plastic and Lockheed 1 and a quarter brake cylinder repair kit (Lockheed KL 71499 marked as 231 on the rear!)

Cheers

Baz

PS if you know of any Suggas being broken for parts, please let me know..
Stanleywindrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 15:09   #2
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Hi Baz,

Try looking in Classic Commercial magazine pleanty of ads in that. You just might find somthing close enough.

BTW very pleased with the engine thanks
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote