Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Towing Weights of D4 FWD Manual 2015 version

Views : 8496

Replies : 40

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 9th, 2014, 19:29   #21
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnylaneTom View Post

3. We've also asked them all what the Gross Train Weight of the MY2015 is so we can calculate if we can be legal or not but so far noone knows

5. The deal is - if it turns out that it is a MY15 and it cannot legally tow our van then the deal if off

Tom
Hi Tom

With the loaded weight of the D4 being 2300 and the tow weight 1600 , that would be 3900 all up.

Being cautious and calling that 3900, 3700 instead and assuming your van will weigh in at 1500 loaded that leaves you 2200 to play with, so taking away the weight of the car you would be able to load the xc with around 250.

I reckon you should be ok, although it would irk me a bit to be having to constantly calculate weights - rather than just popping the van on the back loading up and shooting off on holiday.

May I suggest a Hyundai Sante Fe? Tow weights of between 2000 and 2500 with a nose of 100. Tow like a dream as well and no calculations to do!!

All the best in your quest for the answers

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 12:53   #22
TunnylaneTom
TunnylaneTom

Thx for your continued responses. This is hopefully the penultimate update -
We now know it will be a MY15 model so issue remains.
VolvoUK have responded in email that they CANNOT give information out directly to customers but are prepared to contact our designated dealer with the answer.
The dealer currently believes that GrossTW = Kerb Weight + Towing Weight!

Mrs T is considering going for the automatic version now with Max Total Weight = 2330 giving the extra 30Kg IF that keeps her legal.

We await the final pronouncement....
Tom
TunnylaneTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 19:53   #23
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

I feel your pain about Volvo UK, until about 18 months ago they were very helpful, now all you get is speak to the dealer - and then the dealer doesn't know the answer and they go back to Volvo UK and so the cycle continues

Good luck, remember to tell us the answer!
Old May 10th, 2014, 20:44   #24
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnylaneTom View Post
VolvoUK have responded in email that they CANNOT give information out directly to customers but are prepared to contact our designated dealer with the answer.

Tom
How ridiculous! Has Volvo said WHY they cannot give the info directly to customers?

Regards
Old May 10th, 2014, 21:55   #25
MikeIOW
Premier Member

There is always the twittersphere......@VolvoCarUK - I have posted a message, let's see if they pay any attention to the loyal army here :-)
Old May 10th, 2014, 23:13   #26
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
How ridiculous! Has Volvo said WHY they cannot give the info directly to customers?

Regards
Because you have to speak to dealer fir anything technical and sales staff for sales enquires.

Which leaves me at a loss as to what function they actually undertake for Volvo and why they are called customer care
Old May 11th, 2014, 09:21   #27
Westyman
VOC Member

It could be construed that Volvo's customers are its dealers, not the end users.
Perhaps.....
1972 MG B GT
Westyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 09:35   #28
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Technically I am sure you are right.....but if they cannot give the dealer the answer, then they should be ashamed!!
Old May 11th, 2014, 17:25   #29
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westyman View Post
It could be construed that Volvo's customers are its dealers, not the end users.
Perhaps.....
In that case they should be called 'Volvo Dealer Care' to avoid confusion for us lowly end 'customers'...

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post:
Old May 11th, 2014, 17:53   #30
Flux
Premier Member

To be honest I think it's truly shocking. Getting the important things like towing limits right is really important. The fact that no one seems to be able to provide any clarity is staggering. Volvo customer contact centre should be closed down if they can't give advice to potential purchasers and owners....... and pass on the cost savings for customers. What function do they actually serve? It should renamed dealer contact centre and not publish the number so that no one else can call.

Customer contact centre can't answer your question so they refer you to the dealer who can't answer either - nowhere to go - apart from the merry-go-round!

Last edited by Flux; May 11th, 2014 at 18:02.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
towing