Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Torque mount

Views : 702

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 17th, 2022, 12:59   #1
stevebg

Default Torque mount

Morning folks , I need to replace my top torque mount 2009 v70 d5 , wondering if I need to support the engine while doing this if anyone can help , also is it possible to switch off day time running lights with vida ? many tks
stevebg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2022, 13:29   #2
passenger
Master Member

Nope, no support needed
110 Nm

And nope, I think you cannot switched off lights on VIDA
Bye
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2022, 13:31   #3
Tatsfield
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebg View Post
is it possible to switch off day time running lights with vida ? many tks
Yes but why? How do these light worry you. They are outside the car so you cannot see them but other drivers can and it gives them fractions of a second earlier sighting of your car which cannot be a bad thing. They don't use much current and so don't use much fuel. Why would you want to turn them off? Do you have the same feelings about brake lights, indicator lights or reversing lights?
Old May 17th, 2022, 13:48   #4
passenger
Master Member

Also for lower engine torque mount no need for supporting engine. Looks like it does, but trust me, I change all 4 and I'm sure
Old May 17th, 2022, 14:03   #5
passenger
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsfield View Post
Yes but why?
How? I cannot also change not so loud seat belt reminder
Old May 17th, 2022, 14:10   #6
stevebg

Quote:
Originally Posted by passenger View Post
How? I cannot also change not so loud seat belt reminder
I.cant turn off the seat belt reminder either, set it to off it still bleeps ,
Old May 17th, 2022, 14:13   #7
stevebg

Quote:
Yes but why? How do these light worry you. They are outside the car so you cannot see them but other drivers can and it gives them fractions of a second earlier sighting of your car which cannot be a bad thing. They don't use much current and so don't use much fuel. Why would you want to turn them off? Do you have the same feelings about brake lights, indicator lights or reversing lights?
yes I'd like to get rid off all the lights on the car , I never mentioned brake lights , indicators or reverse lights? I planned on knocking the day time lights off more to preserve the battery , not fuel or some other crazy reason
Old May 17th, 2022, 14:34   #8
Tatsfield
Premier Member

The lights are there for safety issues. (The winking smiley was to let you know that the other lights mentioned are also safety issues.) Luckily you cannot turn off safety issues just because you think the battery is going to die. The lights work when the ignition is on and statistically most of the time the ignition is on the engine is running so the battery is being charged. Yes Volvo do tend to be a bit "nanny" about safety, but better that than letting owners remove safety features from their cars to the detriment of others for what are trivial reasons. You may want to turn off the riding lights on your car but I want you to keep them on and Volvo agrees with me. (I'm driving the car coming towards you)
Old May 17th, 2022, 15:25   #9
stevebg

Smile

Quote:
The lights are there for safety issues. (The winking smiley was to let you know that the other lights mentioned are also safety issues.) Luckily you cannot turn off safety issues just because you think the battery is going to die. The lights work when the ignition is on and statistically most of the time the ignition is on the engine is running so the battery is being charged. Yes Volvo do tend to be a bit "nanny" about safety, but better that than letting owners remove safety features from their cars to the detriment of others for what are trivial reasons. You may want to turn off the riding lights on your car but I want you to keep them on and Volvo agrees with me. (I'm driving the car coming towards you)
OK I understand what your saying and tks for the input if it has no detrimental effect on battery life then I'm happy to leave them on
Old May 17th, 2022, 19:17   #10
monkeh
Pain in the backside

You can do it with Vdash. Google it.

They charge to do it, I cant remember how much I paid, But it involved leaving the car plugged into a battery charger, a laptop connected to it and Vdash running as it decodes the CEM for roughly 24-36 hours with ignition ON. Hence the battery charger requirement.

The good thing is, the decode picks up where it left off if interrupted. It will make sense when you download Vdash. It does a few things extra than what Vida does.

My input on headlights on-
I work shifts, I drive to my garage down a private track, My neighbours don't really like headlights illuminating their ground floor flats. Same with my approach, if I need light? Sidelights suffice.
Vida can turn off the seatbelt noise increase, if you drive with the belt off faster, the chime gets louder. Personally I've gone deaf to the dinging.
Either disconnect the seatbelt connector and get a code, or buy a defeat thing to put in the belt holder. VDash can't turn OFF the seat belt nagger. Personally, Put the belt on.
I don't belt up until I am on a public road, because I need to open and close gates, plus driving on private land with 10mph speed limits, I am exempt.