Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Engine management light on after re-fuelling

Views : 1888

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 3rd, 2022, 15:46   #11
Simmy
Premier Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBean View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm not computer savvy really. Everything is done on my phone these days. Have you got a link to the full working set up please. I'll go out and buy a laptop that will run it.

Even though I'm having issues with this S40. I have to say, there's nothing like to me the sound of the 5 cylinder engine. Reminds me when I purchased new a 850 T5 estate that I wish I'd kept. It was a 94 plate. Did a search the other day on it, looks like it went overseas! Would love to know where she went.
www.vvde. info will sell you a complete set up price dependant on equipment supplied. i will say now vida can take some time to become good with all its functions . but reading and deleteing codes then running the car to see which ones return is one or the easy things to master. there are lots of instructions available on you tube that will guide you through the basics
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old May 3rd, 2022, 21:44   #12
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
www.vvde. info will sell you a complete set up price dependant on equipment supplied. i will say now vida can take some time to become good with all its functions . but reading and deleteing codes then running the car to see which ones return is one or the easy things to master. there are lots of instructions available on you tube that will guide you through the basics
F1 gives you a lot of help in VIDA too .
Old May 4th, 2022, 06:40   #13
Dancake
Premier Member

Quote:
Yes... Does it make a difference? Put posh petrol in her an all...
When the engine management light comes on after refuelling a petrol car, it can be an indication that the evap purge valve is on its way out. Check the valve to make sure it works and holds vacuum, and check the vacuum hoses for spliits or signs of perishing. The petrol cap also needs to properly seal otherwise the EML can come on.
Dancake is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dancake For This Useful Post:
Old May 4th, 2022, 10:35   #14
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancake View Post
When the engine management light comes on after refuelling a petrol car, it can be an indication that the evap purge valve is on its way out. Check the valve to make sure it works and holds vacuum, and check the vacuum hoses for spliits or signs of perishing. The petrol cap also needs to properly seal otherwise the EML can come on.
Only in USA where the regulations are much tougher .
Old May 4th, 2022, 21:32   #15
ButterBean

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Regarding Vida, Cheshired5 used to offer a full set up, but currently appears to be "taking a break".

As per this thread.
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=253191

Post 1041,on the last page of the same thread, said in the absence of Cheshired5, he went here (but he does talk about set up involved):
https://vvde.info/wp/sales-page/

Also, some guidance here :
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...highlight=vida
Cheers mate for all your valuable info and links. I'll take a good look at it all over the next week and get it ordered. Need something soon as this radiator fan is switching on from cold start up and not going off until the engine is switched off.
ButterBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2022, 09:06   #16
Rocinante
Master Member

Quote:
Cheers mate for all your valuable info and links. I'll take a good look at it all over the next week and get it ordered. Need something soon as this radiator fan is switching on from cold start up and not going off until the engine is switched off.
In the Vida/Dice Thread, that I linked, you've quoted Cheshired5 asking to buy his set up, as per my post here and the post from Kev0607, just above yours in that thread, Cheshired5 hasn't logged in since last year.

If you've posted speculatively that he's back, OK, just in case you hadn't noticed, as you stated that you "Need Something soon".
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rocinante For This Useful Post:
Old May 7th, 2022, 18:37   #17
ButterBean

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
the icarsoft v2.0 or V3.0 is quite a comprehensive diagnostic tool and has vovo options , it does live readouts and graphs too . very reasonably priced too , and updatable.
Cheers for the info. Where's the best place to buy one from please. Is there any group buys to be had👍
Old May 7th, 2022, 22:25   #18
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Cheers for the info. Where's the best place to buy one from please. Is there any group buys to be had👍
from one of their UK agents ..
Old May 10th, 2022, 11:14   #19
Rocinante
Master Member

Quote:
"Vida Dice With Windows 10 Laptop - For Sale" from Forum Member, as per link below.
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=325324
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rocinante For This Useful Post:
Old May 11th, 2022, 20:01   #20
ButterBean

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
"Vida Dice With Windows 10 Laptop - For Sale" from Forum Member, as per link below.
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=325324

Great stuff 👍 I've posted on that thread 😎

Tags
cooling fan, engine 2.4lt, fault code reader