Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 petrol wanted

Views : 1266

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 9th, 2022, 19:34   #1
shahemail

Default C70 petrol wanted

Have just sold our lovely diesel C70 and want to replace with a petrol version (as we often drive into London and were getting hammered with the ULEZ charge).

Preferably automatic but not essential, decent mileage and condition. Open to consider anything available, if well looked after.

thanks
shahemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2022, 01:09   #2
eagle58

Anything on Auto-trader?
eagle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2022, 22:34   #3
shahemail

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle58 View Post
Anything on Auto-trader?
Nothing decent unfortunately. Only 9 cars, that are either pricey, high mileage or miles away (we are just north of London). They are definitely in short supply at the moment!
Old Apr 10th, 2022, 22:46   #4
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Your post is quite open-ended. Are there any must/must not haves?
Bonefishblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2022, 11:19   #5
shahemail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonefishblues View Post
Your post is quite open-ended. Are there any must/must not haves?
We are quite flexible, the only must is it needs to be petrol, not diesel, and in decent nick and not too high mileage (i.e. upto around 100k-ish). Our last one was in white with cream leather seats, which is the best colour combination I reckon!
Old Apr 24th, 2022, 14:50   #6
FredGraham

Hi, there's a post just come up on face book by Sam Prishtina that might be of interest if you are still looking. It's in Cambridge, so not so far from you.
Fred

Last edited by FredGraham; Apr 24th, 2022 at 15:09.
FredGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 18:12   #7
T5R92011
FCW Auto Service

Just a note to say that the petrol C70s (2.4i and T5) have horrific fuel consumption, especially at town speeds. You might want to see if you can borrow one for 24 hours and see what it's like, because it's BAD.
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 19:13   #8
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R92011 View Post
Just a note to say that the petrol C70s (2.4i and T5) have horrific fuel consumption, especially at town speeds. You might want to see if you can borrow one for 24 hours and see what it's like, because it's BAD.
Not sure it's as good as BAD, it's cataclysmically awful, more like
Old May 3rd, 2022, 20:13   #9
T5Terry

Just remember that fuel consumption is relative.

I purchased my T5 C70 in late December and it has averaged 27 MPG. Now I suppose the diesel fan boys will be foaming at the mouth because I'm more than happy with that but for me its more than acceptable.

My wife has always wanted a convertible but she loves her car too much to part with it so I replaced mine with the T5. My last car was a big Skoda Superb with an equally big V6 petrol engine. I did over 100,000 miles in that one and I enjoyed every mile so its fuel consumption mattered not. My Jag was far from economical but made me smile and that is what matters to me.

Perhaps most importantly is that the T5 puts a very big smile on my wife's face every time she drives it and especially when the top is down. Her car is quick so she was never going to tolerate driving something slow and even though the T5 cannot be described as fast or sporty it can get a shift on when you tell it to.

If you want a petrol engine in a C70 then go for it. I would recommend the T5 as its fuel consumption is no worse than the less powerful petrol engine and you will love that 5 pot engine. I know that we do.
T5Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to T5Terry For This Useful Post:
Old May 3rd, 2022, 20:27   #10
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5Terry View Post
Just remember that fuel consumption is relative.

I purchased my T5 C70 in late December and it has averaged 27 MPG. Now I suppose the diesel fan boys will be foaming at the mouth because I'm more than happy with that but for me its more than acceptable.

My wife has always wanted a convertible but she loves her car too much to part with it so I replaced mine with the T5. My last car was a big Skoda Superb with an equally big V6 petrol engine. I did over 100,000 miles in that one and I enjoyed every mile so its fuel consumption mattered not. My Jag was far from economical but made me smile and that is what matters to me.

Perhaps most importantly is that the T5 puts a very big smile on my wife's face every time she drives it and especially when the top is down. Her car is quick so she was never going to tolerate driving something slow and even though the T5 cannot be described as fast or sporty it can get a shift on when you tell it to.

If you want a petrol engine in a C70 then go for it. I would recommend the T5 as its fuel consumption is no worse than the less powerful petrol engine and you will love that 5 pot engine. I know that we do.
I have one too, btw

Tags
c70, convertible, sale