Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Update Ver 2.0

Views : 9025

Replies : 71

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 7th, 2022, 21:00   #21
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChatsV60 View Post
It’s clear Volvo or Polestar don’t test anything before it gets released…
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2022, 21:20   #22
Ian.7878

I totally agree, it seem we poor people who choose to but MY22 cars with the AAOS systems are the test subjects!

Its nuts, in my actual line of work if i were to do this i would be fired straight away!
How can a major international brand get away with this? its goto be hurting their bottom line?
Old Apr 7th, 2022, 21:47   #23
Fibrous

Seems Polestar were aware of this and have suggested USB drive data reading will be made functional again in 2.1.....we will see.
https://www.polestar-forum.com/threa...-8#post-115830

Last edited by Fibrous; Apr 7th, 2022 at 21:53.
Fibrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2022, 12:21   #24
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian.7878 View Post
I totally agree, it seem we poor people who choose to but MY22 cars with the AAOS systems are the test subjects!

Its nuts, in my actual line of work if i were to do this i would be fired straight away!
How can a major international brand get away with this? its goto be hurting their bottom line?
I suspect what's happened is that from a hardware point of view the MY22 car was ready to go but the software development on the Volvo side was delayed. Not shipping MY22 cars wasn't a viable option so Volvo shipped the cars with incomplete software.

It's not good that promised features still aren't available 10 months after the debut of MY22 and would hope that a major update is in the works to rectify this.
Old Apr 8th, 2022, 17:07   #25
Fibrous

Volvo UK have responded to my complaint on this.
They have informed me ' Our teams are currently working on a fix for this and a new software update will be released shortly to rectify this issue.'
Fibrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2022, 19:58   #26
Ian.7878

WOW @Fibrous, you did better than me when i called Volvo UK Customer Support.
It might also be because my local dealership was going to submit a technical report to them as well.

Volvo UK idea of shortly? could be wildly different to ours!
Lets keep everyone posted on all updates!
Old Apr 9th, 2022, 23:04   #27
davetcan

I received the email notification from Volvo last week but so far the car hasn't told me it's available. Not sure if I should be happy or sad about that.
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 09:21   #28
lawndom

Got the notification on Monday evening. I'd tried multiple times to "check for an update" but didn't get anything. I then tried knocking off the auto update option in the car, and checked again for an update. Still nothing. put auto update back on and a little while later I got a message pop up in the app. Whole update took about 20 mins or so, once I realised it should be done while the car was plugged in to the charger!

Pretty seamless update thankfully. HU took a while to start up on first boot, but it seems a bit snappier when using it. Can't really say I've noticed any changes to the features, but suppose they'll now come now we're on a newer android version.

It didn't fix my recharge r designs lack of electric drive however that occured a few days before! No Pure or hybrid leccy drive available for some reason. Hoped that a full reboot and update might have kicked it in to life, but alas no.

Dropped off for checking at the dealer this morning and they said they've had a couple of similar cars in this last couple of weeks, think he said it might be a bad inverter or something, but not sure. Anyone else had this issue?
lawndom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 18:37   #29
peter312

There are a couple of things I have noticed:
  1. The speed limit warnings are not all over the place like they used to be when I travel along the M6; and
  2. The rear camera now comes on when I pull forward onto my drive and the front parking sensors are trigger by the proximity to the garage
peter312 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peter312 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 19:28   #30
griffin447

Few things I’ve noticed too:

1. The radio/Spotify actually cuts off when you open the door (finally!)
2. The rear passenger sensor now doesn’t have a mind of its own and actually works.
3. Settings page is formatted better and includes new icons.
4. Whole system is much more snappier. Pages and toggles load quickly.
5. The no data/signal bug is now fixed.
6. Switching users from dropdown now doesn’t crash the system for 5 mins.

Overall it’s clear they are listening to our complaints but still a long way to go!
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to griffin447 For This Useful Post: