Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Delivery News

Views : 75197

Replies : 617

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 18th, 2022, 17:35   #221
Dohnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoaM View Post
Do you NEED a data card? Or can you use your phone as a hotspot and achieve the same thing?

My intent - when mine eventually arrives - is to connect the car to the house WiFi whilst the car is on the drive/charging, and then use my phone as a hotspot when out and about. (Phone hotspot will have the same SSID and password so the car should connect when it loses the house WiFi signal). I expect this to work but it would be good if someone could confirm.
You don't NEED a data card. I had them install one so the kids can connect to the car's wifi hotspot and use it's data rather than my phones.
Old May 18th, 2022, 19:21   #222
DoaM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
The On Call (Volvo Cars App) works through a separate integral SIM anyway that doesn't need "installing" or setting up (other than the Dealer setup of the On Call system itself), so you don't need it to be able to remote start the car - The Sim or tethering a phone is for using the Apps in the car and live traffic.
Thanks for that. Mine's a company car so when it arrives it'll be delivered to me - I won't be collecting it. (Dealer is in the Midlands - I'm in Scotland). So I'll have to send a reminder to the dealer to make sure this is setup.
Old May 18th, 2022, 19:22   #223
DoaM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohnut View Post
You don't NEED a data card. I had them install one so the kids can connect to the car's wifi hotspot and use it's data rather than my phones.
Fortunately I don't have any such limitations - my youngest is 24, and both kids have "flown the coop".
Old May 18th, 2022, 22:19   #224
ypm

Default New XC 60 455 arrived after long wait

Hi all.

I’m new to forums and new to being a Volvo owner
so I’ve taken delivery of my new XC 60 T8 inscription pro 455 with the bigger batteries.

Car ordered August 21 delivery May 22.

When I was waiting for the car realised there was very little information on the cars and the features that would be on it.So I’ve joined the forum to provide information on what the car is like and the features are on it
I’ll summarise for now and will be able to answer as many questions as I can but I’m only on the forums at night.

so far the new batteries are achieving 42 miles around town and I’ve recently had a decent journey which gave me 52 miles on the batteries
it takes about eight hours to recharge.

The app.

The new Google system is that new I’ve been back to the dealer but there’s only limited things you can do like the climate preconditioning the locking and unlocking and viewing the charge and charging of the battery.But I am told that they will add more features to the app

The 455 engine is smooth quiet and blistering performance and I am highly delighted with it having moved from another premium brand.

I chose the Napa leather blonde interior which Came with heated and cooled seats massage and out of rear heated seats heated steering wheel

There is no blindspot monitoring or autopilot
Google navigation system and interface works very well and I’m quite happy with that.
Even the talking bit works well including talking to the Volvo on call app
As the updates rolling and features are added I’ll update the forum
ypm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2022, 08:35   #225
DoaM

Interesting info, but should probably be in its own thread - this is the Delivery New thread.
Old May 19th, 2022, 09:10   #226
Fibrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ypm View Post
Hi all.

so I’ve taken delivery of my new XC 60 T8 inscription pro 455 with the bigger batteries.

When I was waiting for the car realised there was very little information on the cars and the features that would be on it.So I’ve joined the forum to provide information on what the car is like and the features are on it
I’ll summarise for now and will be able to answer as many questions as I can but I’m only on the forums at night.

so far the new batteries are achieving 42 miles around town and I’ve recently had a decent journey which gave me 52 miles on the batteries

The app.

The new Google system is that new I’ve been back to the dealer but there’s only limited things you can do like the climate preconditioning the locking and unlocking and viewing the charge and charging of the battery.But I am told that they will add more features to the app

The 455 engine is smooth quiet and blistering performance and I am highly delighted with it having moved from another premium brand.

I chose the Napa leather blonde interior which Came with heated and cooled seats massage and out of rear heated seats heated steering wheel

Google navigation system and interface works very well and I’m quite happy with that.
Welcome and congratulations on your new delivery and thanks for posting.
Fibrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2022, 11:57   #227
rhd443

Quote:
Originally Posted by ypm View Post
Hi all.

The app.

No blindspot or autopilot would really wind me up, do the mirrors have the blind spot led/shaded area ready for it in the future or are they just full mirror glass like noral cars? Just wonder if they will be able to enable it in the future remotely
rhd443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2022, 21:21   #228
ypm

Default Delivery info

Hi all keeping the information relevant to delivery thread.

When the car was initially ordered in August 21 I was given a delivery date in early January (stated on the contract )which came and went with the dealer informing me that it would be delayed. Confirming at that point a delivery date of June 22

Early February The dealer called and confirmed the build date of 11th of February together with an EMI reference and the design code. And at that point confirmed the engine and battery sizes

I was confirmed that it would be delivered to the dealer around middle of May till late June. With specific dates narrowing it down to around a 3 weeks

A surprise when the dealer actually rang me and said the delivery date had come forward which really gave us something to look forward to.

A video from Volvo showing a generic XC 60 being made ,followed by an email direct from Volvo confirming the build and details.

The dealer called me two weeks before the end of May to give me notice that the car would arrive with them and duly did arrive on that date and was quickly turned round and we collected.

I don’t know whether this is the norm or It’s what to expect after ordering the car but this was my experience. As it’s the first time we’ve ordered a new car from Volvo

Hope this helps in tailoring your expectations
ypm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ypm For This Useful Post:
Old May 21st, 2022, 10:57   #229
TaffyJerseyBean

Picked up my XC90 yesterday. Overall I’m pleased and 100% happy with my decision to cancel my previous MY23 Plus order for the MY22 R-Design.

Coming from a BMW X3 M Sport initial thoughts are very positive.

Its a solid, well built car and has more space than I could ever want. Perfect for the family and its fulfilled an ambition to own one. Not as big or as heavy to drive as I thought either.

Interior finish is lovely. While not as flash as a Range Rover, as bling as a Mercedes Benz, or as advanced and technical as an Audi or a BMW, the simplistic design and feeling of uncluttered space has a charm of its own and the quality of materials and finish is right up there with the best of the German offerings.

The nappa leather is sumptuous and although the seats are slightly firmer than the BMW X3, they seem more supportive and will be brilliant for our drives through France.

Very happy with the Sensus infotainment system. It does everything I need it to do and most importantly works! Its not as great a step back from iDrive as I expected and feared and the graphics for an older system are more than acceptable.

Exterior finish is fantastic. I am thrilled with the Savile Grey paint and black trim. Not regretting walking away from my previous Thunder Grey order. My valet guy (who is already applying ceramic coating this morning) commented that the quality of paint finish and dealer preparation was far better than my last two BMWs so thats a great basis for the coating to cure well.

Finally - Polestar. What a difference! Compared to my test drive on the same car last week you can feel the benefit of the upgrade. Glad I went with it as the extra mid range pull makes all the difference moving such a heavy car into a decent sprint when overtaking.

Negatives?

Tyre noise is more pronounced than the X3 on harder roads and the ride is more firm on some surfaces on the 20” rims than my previous 19s.

The grumble from the B5 diesel engine is noticeable on acceleration from rest in low gear, although the noise fades into the background as the gears shift. This seemed more refined on the BMW.

The Volvo app doesn’t seem to be synced to the car at the moment and I’m finding it fiddly but to be fair it’s probably me as I had the same experience with the BMW.

In summary so far so good. I have a feeling owning my first Volvo could be a lot of fun.

Last edited by TaffyJerseyBean; May 21st, 2022 at 11:02.
TaffyJerseyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TaffyJerseyBean For This Useful Post:
Old May 21st, 2022, 13:16   #230
Ian0803

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaffyJerseyBean View Post
Picked up my XC90 yesterday. Overall I’m pleased and 100% happy with my decision to cancel my previous MY23 Plus order for the MY22 R-Design.

Coming from a BMW X3 M Sport initial thoughts are very positive.

Its a solid, well built car and has more space than I could ever want. Perfect for the family and its fulfilled an ambition to own one. Not as big or as heavy to drive as I thought either.

Interior finish is lovely. While not as flash as a Range Rover, as bling as a Mercedes Benz, or as advanced and technical as an Audi or a BMW, the simplistic design and feeling of uncluttered space has a charm of its own and the quality of materials and finish is right up there with the best of the German offerings.

The nappa leather is sumptuous and although the seats are slightly firmer than the BMW X3, they seem more supportive and will be brilliant for our drives through France.

Very happy with the Sensus infotainment system. It does everything I need it to do and most importantly works! Its not as great a step back from iDrive as I expected and feared and the graphics for an older system are more than acceptable.

Exterior finish is fantastic. I am thrilled with the Savile Grey paint and black trim. Not regretting walking away from my previous Thunder Grey order. My valet guy (who is already applying ceramic coating this morning) commented that the quality of paint finish and dealer preparation was far better than my last two BMWs so thats a great basis for the coating to cure well.

Finally - Polestar. What a difference! Compared to my test drive on the same car last week you can feel the benefit of the upgrade. Glad I went with it as the extra mid range pull makes all the difference moving such a heavy car into a decent sprint when overtaking.

Negatives?

Tyre noise is more pronounced than the X3 on harder roads and the ride is more firm on some surfaces on the 20” rims than my previous 19s.

The grumble from the B5 diesel engine is noticeable on acceleration from rest in low gear, although the noise fades into the background as the gears shift. This seemed more refined on the BMW.

The Volvo app doesn’t seem to be synced to the car at the moment and I’m finding it fiddly but to be fair it’s probably me as I had the same experience with the BMW.

In summary so far so good. I have a feeling owning my first Volvo could be a lot of fun.
Good to hear the positives on having the new car. Savile Grey looks fantastic when clean, but really does show the dirt quickly. Like my previous Volvo, the paint might be good, but has poor resistance to bird droppings, which quickly damages the top coat.
I came from a X3 M40i and so my experience on seats and ride are a little different. The Volvo having softer seats and ride and quieter tyres, 20inch vs the 21's on the X3. Sensus would be fantastic if it had a wheel like the BMW that allowed one to scroll between screens and items. Having to use a touch screen is like using your handphone which is of course now banned.
Don't mention the Polestar, makes me jealous, something I had on a previous Volvo and something I am thinking about when my insurance is up for renewal as my current provider wont insure the car if I get it. Coming from the M40i, there is some huge difference in performance, yet the diesel pulls well and meets almost all my driving needs. Only time I miss the performance is on a motorway when I need to quickly pull out to change lanes. The XC90 is at motorway speed, slow to change down and pick up, even then it could do with a boost.

Noticed there are quite a few MY22's appearing at dealers, popped in my local dealer this morning and they seem to have 3 now
Ian0803 is online now   Reply With Quote