Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Seriously?

Views : 804043

Replies : 6184

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 3rd, 2022, 21:06   #1681
Steve 940
Premier Member

Further info on the '77 mustard 245 that I thought I'd seen before, unfortunately earlier I was at work so didn't have laptop.

Definitely think this is the same car, and is tonight still posted on Volvo Enthusiast Club site at £10k, I have now found in depths of my laptop that I had emailed him on 5.9.21 and he responded quickly, with 3 PDF's one covering history, parts list included in the deal and a more photos. Owner advised not on road since 31.5.21 as unfortunately he had a stroke, hence sale.

https://www.volvoenthusiastsclub.co....with+overdrive

Some background regarding logbook Moomoo mentioned, on VEC it has photo of car on private plate 6761 MH, now on eBay it has TSO 284R probably recently issued.

In VEC description he broke price down as being offered £3k for plate alone, so car along with parts all in would be £10k

I unfortunately must have cleared out my 'bin' as I don't have the PDF's any more, all I can recall is that the interior photos really put me off, so I emailed kindly withdrawing interest.

Hope that may assist anyone interested, also his email address is on the VEC website, although obviously it could be someone else selling on eBay in light of plate change ?

Cheers
Steve

Last edited by Steve 940; May 3rd, 2022 at 21:19.
Steve 940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post:
Old May 3rd, 2022, 22:20   #1682
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 940 View Post
Further info on the '77 mustard 245 that I thought I'd seen before, unfortunately earlier I was at work so didn't have laptop.

Definitely think this is the same car, and is tonight still posted on Volvo Enthusiast Club site at £10k, I have now found in depths of my laptop that I had emailed him on 5.9.21 and he responded quickly, with 3 PDF's one covering history, parts list included in the deal and a more photos. Owner advised not on road since 31.5.21 as unfortunately he had a stroke, hence sale.

https://www.volvoenthusiastsclub.co....with+overdrive

Some background regarding logbook Moomoo mentioned, on VEC it has photo of car on private plate 6761 MH, now on eBay it has TSO 284R probably recently issued.

In VEC description he broke price down as being offered £3k for plate alone, so car along with parts all in would be £10k

I unfortunately must have cleared out my 'bin' as I don't have the PDF's any more, all I can recall is that the interior photos really put me off, so I emailed kindly withdrawing interest.

Hope that may assist anyone interested, also his email address is on the VEC website, although obviously it could be someone else selling on eBay in light of plate change ?

Cheers
Steve
How interesting. Even with the plate taken off, that is still quite a price drop.

Alan
Old May 4th, 2022, 10:04   #1683
Moomoo
VOC Member

£2376 is how much the reg plate sold for, so as Alan said, it’s a big drop!🤷
Moomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moomoo For This Useful Post:
Old May 4th, 2022, 10:11   #1684
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomoo View Post
£2376 is how much the reg plate sold for, so as Alan said, it’s a big drop!🤷
Absolutely! I think this one is a bargain. I suppose the seller made the mistake of asking far too much to start with, but needs the car gone (it is sad about his medical condition) and so now has a fire sale.

I'm surprised it has not sold yet - I'd say it is worth £5,000 or maybe a bit more.

Alan
Old May 4th, 2022, 12:52   #1685
Moomoo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Absolutely! I think this one is a bargain. I suppose the seller made the mistake of asking far too much to start with, but needs the car gone (it is sad about his medical condition) and so now has a fire sale.

I'm surprised it has not sold yet - I'd say it is worth £5,000 or maybe a bit more.

Alan
It could be a good indicator of market size.

Everyone thinks it’s cheap but there it remains!🤷*♂️
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moomoo For This Useful Post:
Old May 4th, 2022, 13:00   #1686
Rocinante
Master Member

Quote:

Alan
You could buy it and turn yourself a profit selling it on ?
The seller gets the money, and rid of the car, and you'd get £1500+ in your pocket for your trouble, when you sell it on.
Win all round.

Obviously a whole lot of factors to weigh in to do that, but just a thought.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rocinante For This Useful Post:
Old May 4th, 2022, 13:43   #1687
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomoo View Post
It could be a good indicator of market size.

Everyone thinks it’s cheap but there it remains!🤷*♂️
Good point Andrew, perhaps the 245 market isn't as buoyant as it appears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
You could buy it and turn yourself a profit selling it on ?
The seller gets the money, and rid of the car, and you'd get £1500+ in your pocket for your trouble, when you sell it on.
Win all round.

Obviously a whole lot of factors to weigh in to do that, but just a thought.
If it was not for the 360 mile round trip to collect perhaps I'd be tempted Rocinante :-). Maybe start a quality used cars business:

... actually I wonder whether the remote location is a factor here. If the motor car was somewhere in the Midlands or the South East then perhaps it would have sold when advertised previously (probably not at £10,000 though!)?

:-)

Last edited by Othen; May 4th, 2022 at 13:49.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post:
Old May 4th, 2022, 14:21   #1688
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Have you seen the green 244 GL for sale on eBay? £4950 I think, what a joker! I reckon he will realise the error of his ways and keep it forever... I could be wrong though
360beast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post:
Old May 5th, 2022, 07:03   #1689
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:

Alan
... it looks like that 245 has sold - quite quickly I think.

Alan
Old May 5th, 2022, 08:58   #1690
Moomoo
VOC Member

Quote:
... it looks like that 245 has sold - quite quickly I think.

Alan
I wonder when/ if it will surface!🤔
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moomoo For This Useful Post: