Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Regular Midlands meet - Caffein & Machine

Views : 5359

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 29th, 2021, 21:27   #11
baggy798
🤍💙💗

"why the f**k would i wanna drive 3 hours to caffeine and machine, its a bastard coffee shop"
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 04:51   #12
Rich850R
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggy798 View Post
"why the f**k would i wanna drive 3 hours to caffeine and machine, its a bastard coffee shop"
Would you drive 3 hours to a VOC meet to sit in a car park with other Volvos, or did you drive 3 hours to the Volvo record attempt to sit in a Volvo traffic jam??
Rich850R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 17:37   #13
andy_d
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggy798 View Post
3hours from Litchfield to Stratford ? ....

i "get" the Why drive that far for a coffee,
its more a case of "why not drive that far for a coffee and volvo mini meet ,with other loons that drove that far/further for a coffee and talk volvos"
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 20:29   #14
stephenevans99
Team TorqueVolvo

Caffeine & Machine is a lovely place...but sadly the establishment aren't 'into' Volvo's despite what their ethos is. Definitely worth a visit as a car enthusiast to marvel at the wonderful machines parked outside and to eat/drink and soak up the atmosphere....just don't expect anyone to be pouring over and admiring your Volvo whilst parked around the rear with the rest of the undesirables lol

Been there four times....not sure there'll be a fifth visit.
stephenevans99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 20:48   #15
Rich850R
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
Caffeine & Machine is a lovely place...but sadly the establishment aren't 'into' Volvo's despite what their ethos is. Definitely worth a visit as a car enthusiast to marvel at the wonderful machines parked outside and to eat/drink and soak up the atmosphere....just don't expect anyone to be pouring over and admiring your Volvo whilst parked around the rear with the rest of the undesirables lol

Been there four times....not sure there'll be a fifth visit.
I’ve experienced exactly the opposite of that mate. Was asked to park out the front (next to a Senna) and everyone there took as much interest in the 850 as any other car there

Guess it depends on the day

It’s so much more than a coffee shop that people keep saying. Eclectic machines and wonderful car enthusiasts of a very open mind
Rich850R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich850R For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 15th, 2022, 11:46   #16
krishaybaxter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark View Post
I’ve been going to C&M regularly now and always have an awesome time due to the calibre of the ever-evolving car park. I went yesterday and parked my 850R next to it’s ancestor. It got me thinking, why don’t we have a bi-monthly/quarterly get together for those of us in the Midlands? All Volvo’s welcome of course (particularly 850’s).
Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
It’s an awesome informal location to meet and chat to like minded people, which allows social distancing measures followed. It made me feel really good as I’d not been to a ‘car event’ for months (it wasn’t even a car event).

This may already be happening but I’m not aware of it as I’m not on Facebook. Thoughts? Ideas? It would be something I’d look forward to
keep me in the loop as I go to the car and coffee in Manchester Barton airfield too.
krishaybaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krishaybaxter For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 16th, 2022, 20:48   #17
Foggys940

I messaged c&m regarding a volvo/Swedish only meeting to which they said it would be a monday/Tuesday due to it not been that busy during the Week but that would only really work if your local, Saturday was a no go as they seem to want to cater for everyone which is understandable.

I was just thinking of selecting a day/date and then getting everyone to book themselves in and turning up. Even if it ment all having to park at the back or have everyone scattered around.
Foggys940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Foggys940 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 17th, 2022, 16:53   #18
markas
VOC Member

Default no longer available

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishaybaxter View Post

keep me in the loop as I go to the car and coffee in Manchester Barton airfield too.
If you haven't read the Manchester Evening News, then the Barton meet that was massive the last time I visited with over 1000 vehicles is now dead. A new venue is being sorted by the organises and wish they had had this when I lived in the Peak District before.

In north Staffs at present, have been to the Caffeine & Machine too and I sadly agree they are neither interested my in 28-year-old Tank or my 16 years old just well looked after mark 2 BMW Mini.
markas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2022, 11:28   #19
Clark
850R+240GLT = Happiness

Thanks for reaching out to C&M and getting the comms going Foggy. My gut tells me that a Mon/Tues will have a low turnout and it's not worth putting in the effort to organise (although I am up for it as I live close by if anyone else is).

Personally I'm happy to pay the entry fee for a Saturday and gather with the fleet at the back - a round of drinks costs me a lot more haha! Maybe we could even get a video of all the cars driving out together in convoy fashion at the end

I'm well up for car shows again! It's been too long!

Thoughts?
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2022, 11:30   #20
Clark
850R+240GLT = Happiness

That's the spirit mate - it would be great to have you parked next to my 850R #850Rfamily
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote