Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

ECM-5310 code and anti-skid service required

Views : 484

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 16th, 2022, 23:48   #1
R-P
Master Member

Default ECM-5310 code and anti-skid service required

Anti skid service required pops up after roundabouts. Not sure if it is linked to right and/or left turns. Orange triangle and message stay on during the drive.

Message is gone after parking the car and starting it the next day.

So dug up the DICE and message was still there BEFORE plugging in the DICE (= new behaviour).

Struggled getting it to work and read NEW fault codes but eventually I got CCM-0021 (air quality sensor) and ECM-5310 (communication error with TCM) under the delivery-tab.

Turned OFF the car, started, revved to 1500, turned OFF and restarted and now the CCM error is GONE. No message and no orange triangle, BUT ABS light is blinking.

(1) what's wrong with this stupid thing this time?
(2) how can the ABS indicator light be blinking without a code being stored/read???

Thoughts appreciated while I google some more...

EDIT: my battery is on the way out (12.35V with DICE hooked up, 10.xxV when key in position 2. But since batteryvoltage is >13.5V when running and the anti-skid only appears after several minutes, this is not my first suspect until (anecdotally) proven wrong.)

Last edited by R-P; May 17th, 2022 at 00:10.
R-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2022, 23:55   #2
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

I don't know about the original fault and TCM comms issue but I always get a blinking ABS light when VIDA is connected and reading faults

if it's still there after disconnecting your laptop you could try forcing a reset by unplugging the battery negative, touching it to positive to discharge, leaving off for an hour or so, then reconnect (with key in ignition pos2 which apparently stops a surge damaging components)

coincidentally, the one time I did that whole turn off, rev, turn back on etc like the instructions say, I ended up with a whole raft of random faults which the battery disconnect cleared. so I don't do that any more. just do clear faults and that's it

-------------------------
mini project - link

Last edited by stuart bowes; May 17th, 2022 at 00:02.
stuart bowes is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stuart bowes For This Useful Post:
Old May 17th, 2022, 00:13   #3
R-P
Master Member

Useful into on the ABS blinking light!

I edited my first post, but since Stuart already responded without me noticing, I'll add it here too:

My battery is on the way out (12.35V with DICE hooked up, 10.xxV when key in position 2. But since batteryvoltage is >13.5V when running and the anti-skid only appears after several minutes, this is not my first suspect until (anecdotally) proven wrong.

Old May 17th, 2022, 00:21   #4
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

well they say low battery can cause issues.. I'm not sure how that translates into 'with engine running and alternator taking up the slack'

no way of swapping in a known good one temporarily to see?

mini project - link
Old May 17th, 2022, 11:14   #5
R-P
Master Member

I'll check my inventory... Sure I can figure something out to indeed rule out the battery.
Had a ~35Ah battery as a jumpstarter with me in the winter and voltage (on USB-cigarette-charger that also shows batt voltage) would go up once I hooked it up in parallel to the boot-battery to 11.9 or so in keyposition 2. But I doubt it could start the Volvo on its own (when mounted in the back) and it has JIS posts (much smaller than SAE batteryposts).

Most other batteries I have are AGM running my off-grid garage powersupply...

Old May 17th, 2022, 11:51   #6
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

I'm sure we can rig something up...

mini project - link
Old May 17th, 2022, 11:57   #7
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-P View Post
Anti skid service required pops up after roundabouts. Not sure if it is linked to right and/or left turns. Orange triangle and message stay on during the drive.

Message is gone after parking the car and starting it the next day.

So dug up the DICE and message was still there BEFORE plugging in the DICE (= new behaviour).

Struggled getting it to work and read NEW fault codes but eventually I got CCM-0021 (air quality sensor) and ECM-5310 (communication error with TCM) under the delivery-tab.

Turned OFF the car, started, revved to 1500, turned OFF and restarted and now the CCM error is GONE. No message and no orange triangle, BUT ABS light is blinking.

(1) what's wrong with this stupid thing this time?
(2) how can the ABS indicator light be blinking without a code being stored/read???

Thoughts appreciated while I google some more...

EDIT: my battery is on the way out (12.35V with DICE hooked up, 10.xxV when key in position 2. But since batteryvoltage is >13.5V when running and the anti-skid only appears after several minutes, this is not my first suspect until (anecdotally) proven wrong.)
you must always have a support power supply connected to the car when using vida , the system voltage should then be around 14v when doing your readouts . the abs problem could well be a rusty sensor or pick up ring , you need to locate it to the particular wheel first them examine it.
Old May 17th, 2022, 14:44   #8
Simmy
Premier Member

like clan says vida is very power hungry. . a duff battery will lead to poor diagnostics and a world of confusion. get a known good battery and work from there .
Simmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2022, 17:05   #9
cjsv70est

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
you must always have a support power supply connected to the car when using vida , the system voltage should then be around 14v when doing your readouts . the abs problem could well be a rusty sensor or pick up ring , you need to locate it to the particular wheel first them examine it.
Help please re new battery.

Which Battery do I need, voltage etc.
If this is the wrong place apologies,

My V70 2004 was parked for a month, battery was removed for some reason.
Re charged it, put it back on the car.
Now when I lock the car after about 5 minutes my rear lights are lit causing flat battery,
Is it wise to disconnect every time I park.
cjsv70est is offline   Reply With Quote