Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Windscreen: Water ingress on x70/80 P3 models 2007 on

Views : 280252

Replies : 109

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 4th, 2022, 10:27   #81
iainmd

Things have gone from bad to worse to the point I won't be buying another Volvo. Customer "care" has been speaking from Volvo UK. The dealer has tried their best in my view but Volvo UK don't give a toss. After 17yrs of multiple Volvo ownership I'm done.

Screen came off ok but with the top rubber seal damaged. Volvo refused any good will towards a new screen at £370. Now the rain sensor won't come away so it's another £152 for a replacement rain sensor. Emailed Volvo twice to complain at their unwillingness to contribute to my expense caused by their safety and manufacturing defect and they haven't even bothered to reply.

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2022, 11:32   #82
Familyman 90
The Brit Brick

Does the car have a full Volvo dealer history?

If it does then I have some sympathy.

If it doesn't, then why should Volvo show any good will when the owner hasn't showed them any?

Last edited by Familyman 90; Mar 4th, 2022 at 11:34.
Familyman 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2022, 18:22   #83
iainmd

11 of 14 services have been with Volvo dealers. I don't live anywhere near a dealer so on rare occasion I've had to use a local garage but have tried to get it to Volvo over the years.

That said, I don't really agree that a FSH has anything to do with this. It's a manufacturing fault not something caused by wear and tear or poor/penny-pinching maintenance on my part. There's basically hardly any bonding agent on the screen from the factory. You'd be hard pushed to find many people that look after their cars as well as I have from a mechanical perspective. If anything needs doing I get it fixed sharp.

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2022, 17:13   #84
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman 90 View Post
Does the car have a full Volvo dealer history?

If it does then I have some sympathy.

If it doesn't, then why should Volvo show any good will when the owner hasn't showed them any?
I see your point to an extent, but Volvo is the manufacturer & its a manufacturer defect. Service history shouldn’t come into it.
Old Apr 12th, 2022, 19:34   #85
Bomster

On holiday in the lake District, where it's unsurprisingly raining a fair bit... and my XC has started leaking.
Bomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2022, 17:30   #86
FloydV70
2008 V70 SE Sport D

Hi All,

My V70 2008 has a small leak at the top of the windscreen. I noticed it when washing the car with a jet washer. It doesn't ever appear to have let in water when raining. The carpets have all remained dry.

The windscreen moved by a few millimetres when pushed from the inside.

I am reaching out to Volvo customer care to see if they will do anything for me.

I will report back.

Last edited by FloydV70; May 1st, 2022 at 17:33.
FloydV70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2022, 12:34   #87
FloydV70
2008 V70 SE Sport D

Hi All,

I reached out to Volvo customer care via email.

They have acknowledged the windscreen bonding issue and have asked me to take it to a service dealer on the Volvo approved network to make sure my leak is because of the bonding issue and that I still have the original Volvo windscreen. If the windscreen is broken during removal, the I am liable for the cost of a new windscreen.

My car is booked in tomorrow. I will update you on progress.

V70 2.4D SE Sport D Electric Silver - Black Leather
Old May 13th, 2022, 15:24   #88
FloydV70
2008 V70 SE Sport D

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydV70 View Post
Hi All,

I reached out to Volvo customer care via email.

They have acknowledged the windscreen bonding issue and have asked me to take it to a service dealer on the Volvo approved network to make sure my leak is because of the bonding issue and that I still have the original Volvo windscreen. If the windscreen is broken during removal, the I am liable for the cost of a new windscreen.

My car is booked in tomorrow. I will update you on progress.

V70 2.4D SE Sport D Electric Silver - Black Leather
Hi All,

My Volvo went in to the dealers today (Harwoods in Crawley). They informed me of the process of re-bonding. Again, they made it very clear that I am responsible for the cost if the windscreen was to break.

They had the car for a few hours and did the seat belt recall at the same time. The windscreen came out fine and was re-bonded successfully.

The car was given a full complimentary clean too. I'm really happy.

Considering the car was made in 2007 (P3) I think this is great.

I will say, when I called Volvo customer care, initially they refused to cover the cost of re-bonding due to the age of the car. When I emailed them and stated that a quick internet search shows that many people have had this problem, they acknowledged the fault an offered the re-bonding.

Thanks,

Last edited by FloydV70; May 13th, 2022 at 15:30.
Old Jul 2nd, 2022, 11:29   #89
JD.7
VOC Member

After Volvo UK had agreed to contact Lookers and get it sorted out of the blue this morning I received this.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your patience.

I have been advised we are no longer covering the cost of repairing the bonding. Unfortunately, I'm unable to assist further with this. However, if you would like for me to arrange a booking for cost to be advised I can go ahead and do this. I will await your confirmation.

If there is anything further I can do to help in the meantime, please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Med vänliga hälsningar

Yours Sincerely,
Sondeep
JD.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2022, 20:54   #90
jimmyocharlie

I'd take this further with Volvo. They know the issue, possibly someone using their "initiative"????

Good luck!
jimmyocharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyocharlie For This Useful Post: