Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Are XC60 owners happy?

Views : 135453

Replies : 495

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your XC60?
Overall happy, no significant issues 441 64.66%
Overall happy, but minor issues 188 27.57%
Unhappy, significant issues 35 5.13%
Very unhappy, never again 18 2.64%
Voters: 682. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 11th, 2022, 12:08   #481
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suke View Post
We also have a 2014 D5 63,300 miles.
So far this year we have had a new propshaft £1,000 and today a new engine £6,500.00
because of a cracked block.
What ever happened to the propshaft? A volvo prop shaft was £1000 30 years ago so a bargain I suppose
Old Feb 2nd, 2022, 23:48   #482
RPB

Back in Volvo ownership having sold my V50 D5 2 years ago.
Mywife's bought a 2016 XC60 D5 SE Lux with winter & family packs, and towbar. Only blemish is some biggish chips on the bonnet.
One week in and so far all good!
RPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2022, 16:27   #483
RDesign4Life
Master Member

Well I really want to like my 2016 D4 2.0l R-Design Lux Nav - it looks great drives great and is comfortable

BUT

I just can't stop worrying about the bloody EGR cooler b0110ck5 and just can;t work out whether the Volvo so called final fix should put my mind at rest or whether my engine is slowly choking itself to death and every day is one day closer to needing an entire new engine!
RDesign4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 00:46   #484
Belstow

Pro's of the xc60 are that it is comfortable, seats fold flat so you can get loads of stuff in (which is why we bought it to carry dogs in crates around in) and I feal safe driving it.

Cons are numerous
Turning circle of a bus.
Tyres condemned after 20k miles due to perishing and lumps falling off despite 6mm tread left - replaced with Continentals - so much quieter and a better feel.
Sat Nav doesn't know where it is on occasions, doesn't know where Peterborough is at all and refers to Reading as Rearing, the M3 Motorway as Metres Cubed and Oxford as something incomprehensible.
In heavy spray on the motorway all radar stuff packs up - warning lights flashing up. ABS doesn't work when snowing - again, red warning signs.
Outside temp guage is a random number generator - can change from 20C to 1C in a matter of seconds and the ice warning comes on in mid summer.

I could go on but won't - far too much tech nonsense on this car.

Solution, turn everything off when you start it up and drive as though you are in an old Rover 200 - you'll enjoy it.
Belstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 13:57   #485
Easington
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belstow View Post
Pro's of the xc60 are that it is comfortable, seats fold flat so you can get loads of stuff in (which is why we bought it to carry dogs in crates around in) and I feal safe driving it.

Cons are numerous
Turning circle of a bus.
Tyres condemned after 20k miles due to perishing and lumps falling off despite 6mm tread left - replaced with Continentals - so much quieter and a better feel.
Sat Nav doesn't know where it is on occasions, doesn't know where Peterborough is at all and refers to Reading as Rearing, the M3 Motorway as Metres Cubed and Oxford as something incomprehensible.
In heavy spray on the motorway all radar stuff packs up - warning lights flashing up. ABS doesn't work when snowing - again, red warning signs.
Outside temp guage is a random number generator - can change from 20C to 1C in a matter of seconds and the ice warning comes on in mid summer.

Solution, turn everything off when you start it up and drive as though you are in an old Rover 200 - you'll enjoy it.
Has it had the necessary software updates at the dealership and have you updated the satnav maps?
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 10:26   #486
Steverob1066

Yes, in 45 years of car owenrship, I've only ever bought the same make/model twice. My XC60 is great and it passes one test that most of the others failed miserably: the headlight bulb replacement test. If you can't replace a headlight bulb in a filling station carpark at night, then it fails. The XC60 seems to have been so well thought out - great job Volvo.
Steverob1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steverob1066 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 11th, 2023, 19:19   #487
Sotosound
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belstow View Post

Cons are numerous
Turning circle of a bus.

Oxford is Arksferd.

Don't you just love the Volvo satnav?

Sounds as though you have a real problem with the outside temperature gauge. It works properly in our V60 and V70 apart from when we leave one of them out in full summer sun. Then we naturally get higher readings.
Old Feb 25th, 2023, 14:39   #488
Fimac

2014 D4 engine. mostly good so far after 5 years ownership. 48mpg.

cons-
egr replaced with new type with vents
another part needed replaced - some sort of switch system - volvo was a daft price so fitted a 2nd hand part from a xc90 - still going.
aux belt squeal, needs sorting out.
bit heavy on front tyres (FWD) Rears last forever !

115000 miles.
Fimac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fimac For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 20th, 2023, 00:19   #489
Mick787

I bought mine with 3.500 miles on it, 55k miles later it still puts a smile on my face. I do think about other vehicles, but once I get behind the wheel of this XC60 D5 manual, those thoughts quickly fade away and deep down I know there is nothing better, it does everything and more. It pulls like a steam train. I dread something major failing on it, but it would have to be very serious for me to consider saying goodbye to the car. Its the best vehicle I've ever owned and no dealer is going to get their hands on it.
Mick787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2023, 10:55   #490
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimac View Post
2014 D4 engine. mostly good so far after 5 years ownership. 48mpg.

cons-
egr replaced with new type with vents
another part needed replaced - some sort of switch system - volvo was a daft price so fitted a 2nd hand part from a xc90 - still going.
aux belt squeal, needs sorting out.
bit heavy on front tyres (FWD) Rears last forever !

115000 miles.
use eco settings 38 psi use less fuel too 👍