Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Amazon Shelf

Views : 1223

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 20:46   #1
agent_strangelove
Pastry Engineer

Default Amazon Shelf

I'm looking for the parcel shelf (and metal back plate) from an Amazon. Don't really care about condition as it will be redone but it would need to be mailed to the states.

(a local Volvo owner who is also an upholdtery guy, decied to tackle remaking the shelves with new vinyl and a waterproof board. The only RHD one I have is in the car and I don't want to have that one out of the car to be redone)

Thanks
Chris
agent_strangelove@hotmail.com
agent_strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 23:50   #2
Andy the Aussie

Hey Chris,
I have a one in my loft
Happy to send it your way
Regards
Andy
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 05:40   #3
agent_strangelove
Pastry Engineer

PM sent...
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 00:17   #4
Volvo Canadian
Bury me in my Volvo

Hi - are you aware of California Swedish near Sacramento? He has anything and everything - you will have to pay for it, but Robert is a nice guy. 530-668-4990. I mean everything.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 12:32   #5
Derek UK
VOC Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 122 Canuck View Post
Hi - are you aware of California Swedish near Sacramento? He has anything and everything - you will have to pay for it, but Robert is a nice guy. 530-668-4990. I mean everything.
Chris's GT is RHD so will be hard to find over there.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 13:56   #6
mrredwards

Default amazon 121

Hi Derek,Tried to reply to your private email but was unable to do,unless i have 30 post which i dont have.Hope you receive this.
I purchased the car from a friend of Paul in Sevenoaks.Paul owed this friend lots of money so he took the car as payment.#
It seems you know more about the car then i do.You say it has had a bit more work done,what else was done?
I do have the wheel strap and a new boot rubber sill.
I do intend to drive my cars then polish them.
I have had a quote for a total respray by a friend who owns a first class body shop.£1500.thats a good price.
How original is the car.It looks very original under the bonnet and suspension.
Thanks for replying. Regards Ron
mrredwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 19:33   #7
Derek UK
VOC Member

Smile

Hello Ron. Sorry, I hadn't considered the PM thing. You can put in a request to the mods to get your numbers boosted and allow PM's if you wish.
As I said, I would think that Paul would have had some work done in order for it to be as it was back then. When done well new paint is not so easy to detect. I can't prove that and neither do I know if any work was done on the car. We are going back over 20 years so new paint has had time to age and settle down! It certainly looks to be original in spec and hasn't been molested. As pictured the paint looks fine but up close it maybe different. £1500 is a good price but won't likely add that much to the value. Finding a boot mat, expensive new, and spending a bit on small improvements will add more value IMO.
It looks nice as it is and a new owner might like to be the one who does the improvements.

I've just realised that Ron replied to the wrong thread. If a mod can move this and my reply over to the following thread it would be appreciated. Thanks.
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=175094

Last edited by Derek UK; Mar 10th, 2013 at 19:36. Reason: Addition re move posts.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 20:22   #8
mrredwards

Default amazon 121 ron

Derek.Thank for your reply.I am married to a Swedish Lady for 35 years so i do have a connection with the Swedish Beauties.We are going to take the Volvo to Sweden for a 3 week hoilday are we brave?You do know your Volvos.My young son runs a 240 estate with 235000 miles for his business
I have been involved with classic cars for 33 years mainly Triumph tr4 tr6 Dolomite Sprint 1360 convertable.Alfa Sud.Various MG.In my younger day a new RS2000 two RS 1600 .Do you go to the meetings at the Moat in Wrotham
I would like to meet you.What parts would you take on a long trip in the Amazon to Sweden Regards Ron
mrredwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 22:31   #9
Dibble
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent_strangelove View Post
I'm looking for the parcel shelf (and metal back plate) from an Amazon. Don't really care about condition as it will be redone but it would need to be mailed to the states.

(a local Volvo owner who is also an upholdtery guy, decied to tackle remaking the shelves with new vinyl and a waterproof board. The only RHD one I have is in the car and I don't want to have that one out of the car to be redone)

Thanks
Chris
agent_strangelove@hotmail.com
Hi Chris, Did you ever get your parcel shelf? I have one but the shelf itself must have got wet and is kinda warped. From memory I think the rest is OK. You would be welcome to it for the price of shipping.
Cheers
Bob
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 03:53   #10
agent_strangelove
Pastry Engineer

I'll drop you a PM in just a minute...

Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4919.JPG (146.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4909.JPG (77.7 KB, 12 views)