Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > ETM Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

ETM Issues Discuss issues regarding the problems with ETMs fitted to Volvo cars.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

ETM Problem £315 to repair Good or Bad Deal?

Views : 1599

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 25th, 2009, 13:54   #1
SamT5C70

Default ETM Problem £315 to repair Good or Bad Deal?

Hi my car has recently been playing up due to the ETM problem. It misfires badly and i lose all power until i turn the car off and it resets itself and runs fine again for a while then the problem occurs again.

Apparantley this problem is common on 1999 T5 C70's???? Volvo used to replace/clean the throttle body on the warranty but unfortunately as my car has now done 70 k they cant offer this service.

A mechanic friend has had it on the diag machine and advised me its the throttle body that needs cleaning but this may not stop the problem occuring again in the future so i have decided to get the thing replaced.

I have been quoted £315 to replace the throttle body and have the software upgrade done.

Just wondering if this is a good price and if anyone else has had the same job just in case i need to keep looking about for a better deal.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
SamT5C70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2009, 18:08   #2
mikealder
VOC Member

I recently had my ETM fixed by bba see Here they charge £250 plus VAT and carriage costs so in total it came to £341 as I recall, no software update and the car is driving fine, this also comes with a 2 year warranty.

An alternate worth considering is the XeMODeX unit which gives the ETM a non contact replacement sensor (the part the wears out), slightly more costly but a better solution see Here and if you want to read up on the actual fault/ problem have a look at Don's excellent web site by clicking Here - Mike
mikealder is offline   Reply With Quote