Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

The best road in the UK.

Views : 1133

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 23:10   #1
yragyrag90

Default The best road in the UK.

Ok, I was just going to stick on to the end of my clutch issue thread, but it's worthy of its own thread... (there may alread be one somewhere)

Last week, I took my friend and 2 canoes to miles away. The place was, according to the map, the most westerly point of Britain. Just across the water from the Isle of Mull. Scotland.

On the way there, we drove (probably too fast) along my favourite road in the UK.
It was a surprise as I thought the road was coming out of Fort William, where in fact it's going toward it (from Glasgow).

Ladies and Gentlemen.
I give you the A82, running through the Glencoe region.
Not only is it a beautifully straight, well tarmac'd road. But it runs through an amazing vista. You see the mountains in the distance, and after a short while, you drive through them. As if that isn't good enough, once you pass some of the amazing peaks, you come to a gorge.
I drove all the way to Cheddar Gorge once, and that was JUST a gorge, this is mountains and a gorge.
You break out of the gorge and the road opens up once again, to amazing views of some of the highest peaks in Scotland.

And after it's all done, you can spin around and do it again, like we did.

yragyrag90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yragyrag90 For This Useful Post: