Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Delivery News

Views : 75535

Replies : 617

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 24th, 2023, 21:51   #581
Squirrel9

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealbob View Post
I finally have an estimated delivery of 27-30th of March so fingers crossed, not long now. Shame it's now lacking the BLIS but I don't have it on my current car so probably won't miss it.
When did your order go in and what was the spec?
Old Mar 24th, 2023, 22:04   #582
unrealbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel9 View Post
When did your order go in and what was the spec?
I placed my order for a V60 T6 Ultimate in December 21, although it was specifically for what was the next Model Year, so it got placed on the system in Feb 22
unrealbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2023, 15:30   #583
NickP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickP View Post
I got told a delivery date of 24th of June a couple of weeks ago for my XC90. I ordered at the very end of January.
I had a call this morning to say our B5P Core XC90 has been brought forward to 12th of June delivery.
Old Apr 12th, 2023, 20:45   #584
unrealbob

Good news is that mine finally arrived and I picked it up today!

Bad news, internet connection and GPS stopped working half way home (30 mins journey) and hasn't come back since.

Tired the centre screen reboot and the TCAM windscreen heater reset (can't get this to do anything). Can't actually take it back to the dealers till next week so not a great start . It also unpaired the car at the same time from the Volvo app which is weird.
Old Apr 12th, 2023, 22:47   #585
vonRypp

Quote:
Good news is that mine finally arrived and I picked it up today!

Bad news, internet connection and GPS stopped working half way home (30 mins journey) and hasn't come back since.

Tired the centre screen reboot and the TCAM windscreen heater reset (can't get this to do anything). Can't actually take it back to the dealers till next week so not a great start . It also unpaired the car at the same time from the Volvo app which is weird.
Have you registered/accepted the terms of use for the built-in internet? You can do it by swiping down the top-left corner of the the screen and it will ask you to register and accept the terms.
Old Apr 12th, 2023, 23:33   #586
unrealbob

I'm pretty sure I did that when I did the setup at the dealer. We linked my Google profile as well as linking the volvo app to the car which seemed to go in straight away. I could then download apps (I downloaded YouTube music) and went on my way using Google maps. The music stopped playing randomly and I noticed the signal had gone. When i stopped to take a look and redo my journey on Google the map was just zoomed out to the world. Since then no connection or GPS.

I tried swiping down from the left, middle, right, upside down, but just have an empty notifications menu
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230412_232351.jpg (297.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20230412_232406.jpg (387.3 KB, 16 views)
Old Apr 13th, 2023, 00:36   #587
vonRypp

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I did that when I did the setup at the dealer. We linked my Google profile as well as linking the volvo app to the car which seemed to go in straight away. I could then download apps (I downloaded YouTube music) and went on my way using Google maps. The music stopped playing randomly and I noticed the signal had gone. When i stopped to take a look and redo my journey on Google the map was just zoomed out to the world. Since then no connection or GPS.

I tried swiping down from the left, middle, right, upside down, but just have an empty notifications menu
I am not sure who is the internet provider for Volvo cars in the UK, but here it's Telekom and there is a site https://www.telekom.hotspotdrive.com/ where you can check your subscription's status, given that you registered yourself when accepted the terms.

I had exactly the same issue when I picked up my car and turned out the dealer forgot to tell me how to register myself and accept the terms and conditions for the built-in internet. I called the dealership and a guy at the repair-shop told me how to do it (which supposed to be the responsibility of the salesman at pick up...).

Last edited by vonRypp; Apr 13th, 2023 at 00:39.
vonRypp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2023, 12:38   #588
unrealbob

Had another look around and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to do this. I can get partial Internet via Bluetooth to update apps etc but maps still doesn't get a position.

Think it might be back to the dealer already!
Old Apr 13th, 2023, 13:22   #589
vonRypp

Quote:
Had another look around and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to do this. I can get partial Internet via Bluetooth to update apps etc but maps still doesn't get a position.

Think it might be back to the dealer already!
Just one more tip: Have you tried ending the ownership of the vehicle in the Volvo Cars app? It will reset all your credentials in the car's system and resets the pairing procedure as well. Then you have to setup your car again with the key with you in the car. This will also resets the built-in internet setup.
Old Apr 13th, 2023, 14:04   #590
unrealbob

Interesting that you suggest that. After I got home and realised it had lost connection, I went into the Volvo app and it said I had been unpaired from the car, so I don't even have that option now.

Dealer is seeing me next week to try a modem reset