Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Are XC60 owners happy?

Views : 136486

Replies : 495

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your XC60?
Overall happy, no significant issues 441 64.66%
Overall happy, but minor issues 188 27.57%
Unhappy, significant issues 35 5.13%
Very unhappy, never again 18 2.64%
Voters: 682. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 5th, 2016, 15:19   #361
glyndwr1969
New XC60 owner

Love the XC60 that Ive had for a couple of years.

However I would add to the comment about the switches as I have only just found the automatic windscreen wiper switch!
glyndwr1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2016, 15:37   #362
leenineplus

Had it two weeks now. XC60 2.4 190 bhp. Lovely to drive. Disappointed with the MPG in the last 600 miles. 36 mpg changing under 2000 rpm each, mixed roads and motorways. Poor performance, gutless for 190 bhp.
leenineplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2016, 17:20   #363
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenineplus View Post
Had it two weeks now. XC60 2.4 190 bhp. Lovely to drive. Disappointed with the MPG in the last 600 miles. 36 mpg changing under 2000 rpm each, mixed roads and motorways. Poor performance, gutless for 190 bhp.
But I think this has already been discussed. D4 AWD Geartronic is the slowest in the stable.
Did you test drive the exact engine / transmission before ordering ? Perhaps your dealer has one to do a comparison with your new car.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2016, 17:42   #364
leenineplus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
But I think this has already been discussed. D4 AWD Geartronic is the slowest in the stable.
Did you test drive the exact engine / transmission before ordering ? Perhaps your dealer has one to do a comparison with your new car.
Hi

Mine is the 4x4 manual 190bhp 2.4 D4. No I didn't test drive either. Stupid of me really. Only got to put up with it for another 2 years and 11 months !!!
Old Jan 7th, 2016, 18:23   #365
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Hi

Mine is the 4x4 manual 190bhp 2.4 D4. No I didn't test drive either. Stupid of me really. Only got to put up with it for another 2 years and 11 months !!!
Polestar will give it 215 hp. Have to say though it has odd power characteristics compared to the other engines in the range.

Last edited by RoyMacDonald; Jan 7th, 2016 at 18:25.
RoyMacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2016, 21:54   #366
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Hi

Interested to hear what the chiptuning box does (mentioned in another post).
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2016, 18:38   #367
leenineplus

I have put this on other links too.

Found a company that fit them. I tried my regular one I normally use in Germany but it failed to work and sent it back. They have not been able to crack the new XC60 yet. I've contacted other companies in the UK but they charge £400 ish. Not paying that. I've used tuning boxes for fifteen years and never had a problem. I have one on an RCZ and a Zafira at present too.

http://chiptuningbox.co.uk/volvo-xc6...eco-power.html

This one is brilliant, massive difference, loads more torque and power. It feels like its got double the pull it had before. Less gear changing too.

I no longer need to say the 190 bhp and 420 nm torque is gutless. It has two settings on the remote control, eco and performance. On performance it is apparently running at 240bhp and 500 nm torque. Really pleased now. I love the XC60 now. Lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to leenineplus For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 28th, 2016, 22:15   #368
Arther

Exclamation Love the XC60

We love our XC60, but I have had been disappointed with the Continental tyres. I had my first puncture a week after taking delivery & have had 2 more in 18mths, thankfully repairabe. Also, nearly every time the temperature drops to freezing over night I get a tyre pressure warning sometime the next day. The cold reduces the pressure enough on a tyre to trigger the alarm, it's usually when my wife is driving & the grandchildren are in the back. She doesn't panic as much now when it comes on.
I also noticed the front nearside tyre was scrubbing on the outside wall, so I booked it in at Volvo for a 4 wheel geometry check. All 4 wheels were out, £65 to check & adjust a problem that the car had when it left the factory, but I do think it drives better now.
(NB. I also had problems with Continental tyres on my last car - Ford Kuga)

Arther
Arther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2016, 22:18   #369
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arther View Post
We love our XC60, but I have had been disappointed with the Continental tyres. I had my first puncture a week after taking delivery & have had 2 more in 18mths, thankfully repairabe. Also, nearly every time the temperature drops to freezing over night I get a tyre pressure warning sometime the next day. The cold reduces the pressure enough on a tyre to trigger the alarm, it's usually when my wife is driving & the grandchildren are in the back. She doesn't panic as much now when it comes on.
I also noticed the front nearside tyre was scrubbing on the outside wall, so I booked it in at Volvo for a 4 wheel geometry check. All 4 wheels were out, £65 to check & adjust a problem that the car had when it left the factory, but I do think it drives better now.
(NB. I also had problems with Continental tyres on my last car - Ford Kuga)

Arther
The cars wheel alignment data (together with many more items of data ) are all listed on the volvo systems computer direct from the factory wheel alignment machine , It won't be wrong from the factory ...any dealer can look it up .
Old May 4th, 2016, 13:56   #370
Scootersp

Ok, I'm slowly bonding with mine.

It's a lovely place to sit and drive, believe it or not it's my first ever '51' plate or newer car and so I'm sort of bound to be impressed really! It does that thing to me all Volvo's seem to do, it calms me down, I end up cruising/wafting everywhere, using the low rpm torque, enjoying the view. Mine is a little noisy at low rpm in first and second but they are amazingly quiet at 60-70mph on a dual carriageway.

I bought in at the cheaper end, privately and the basic 2wd setup. I preferred the price, simplicity, and mpg/tax savings as I really wouldn't benefit from 4wd. The looks and the ground clearance lured me away from getting another V70 or going to a XC70.

Problems are it leaked from the classic poorly bonded windscreen, which did take the shine off things, but I got stuck in and stripped out the front carpets cleaned/dried her up before having the screen professionally refitted.

I've done oil and filter, air filter, cabin filter changes and fitted a new aux tensioner and belt. Fuel filter still to do, gearbox oil coming and cambelt kit purchased although I may wait a little while to do this. Just trying to go through the servicing bits to get a starting point where I know things are fresh.

I aim to keep it long term, just depends how many niggles I get in time and if my eye gets caught by something else.
Scootersp is offline   Reply With Quote